This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

The Cybermen

WHat do yall think about these villans They were pertty forminable...
    Tis No Fool to lose what He can not keep, To gain what he will never Lose

Well, I am not too up on them(their episodes are some of the ones I have yet to see), but they were once human right? As I remember they were one of the three biggest enemies of the Doctor, the others being the master and the Daleks. And that many believe if anything other than a timelord could beat the Daleks, it would be the Cybermen, so you wouldnt want to cross them.
    Last edited by The Signal; 26 May 2006, 07:25 AM.
    Equality is not a concept. It's not something we should be striving for. It's a necessity. Equality is like gravity. We need it to stand on this earth as men and women. And the misogyny that is in every culture is not a true part of the human condition. It is life out of balance, and that imbalance is sucking something out of the soul of every man and woman who is confronted with it.
    - Joss Whedon - Equality Now

Comment

One thing that made then scary was that they could make you one of them

Comment

even though the Daleks and Cyberman have essentially the same orgin...i always found the Cyberman much more ominous.

they look humanoid...you know you're just one step away from being them...

daleks are cool...but for so long all you had to do was run up stairs or, as shown in Coupling, dive behind a couch. also, they were once described by one critic as 'malevolent pepper pots' which really took away some of the mystique. Just picture the Doctor flipping one over and seasoning his eggs.
        Thanks!
        Jordan

my page
        My LJ
        From now on, our name will be 'Tenac'.

Comment

True, but there is a genuine fear that rises up from people when they see the Daleks, there is something about them. The very fact that the Cybermen were human, and can make a human into one of them, means that deep down, there may be a shred of good, something there that one day might just save you. The Daleks, are nothing but drones that will follow an order to the end, with them, there is no hope, if a Dalek dislikes you, and you are not the Doctor or with him, you wont survive, the Dalek will not think again. And now they can "LEV-I-TATE" you cant even go up a flight of stairs.
          Equality is not a concept. It's not something we should be striving for. It's a necessity. Equality is like gravity. We need it to stand on this earth as men and women. And the misogyny that is in every culture is not a true part of the human condition. It is life out of balance, and that imbalance is sucking something out of the soul of every man and woman who is confronted with it.

Comment

It is also possible to break through the the person in the cybermen

Comment

My favourite baddies. The older ones are a lot creepier than the later ones. They were especially good in the Big Finish play Spare Parts.

Comment

I remember in tomb of the cybermen they turned one gut, but the Doctor was able to bring back his mind.

Comment

Looked like Evil walking radios crossed with jodie marsh sprayed silver IMO (The old ones)

gotta love it

Help!
                  My emojournal

Comment

One of my favourite Who baddies... I really found them very creepy in the Tomb of the Cybermen... That's when I formed a healthy degree of fear... er... respect for them...
                    sigpic
                    "When you have eliminated the impossible, whatever remains, however improbable, must be the truth"

Comment

They were trouble. Remember as soon as the doctor heard the words cybermen he had to stay

Comment

The Cybermen are my favorite baddies.

Comment

When I was a kid I was scared witless by the Cybermen. They are, by far, my favourite Doctor Who 'baddie' just because they gave me nightmares and scared me silly. I can't wait to see if they have the same effect on my kids.

Comment

lol that should be funny, my cousin had nightmares over the Daleks this year for weeks, a little wrong of me but i laughed about it, still do

Comment

Just watch the five doctors, and its funny how a group of them just believe the master and walked accross the floor.

Comment

Working...
                              X