PDA

View Full Version : The Cybermen

creed462
November 8th, 2005, 09:12 AM
WHat do yall think about these villans They were pertty forminable...

The Signal
November 8th, 2005, 09:41 AM
Well, I am not too up on them(their episodes are some of the ones I have yet to see), but they were once human right? As I remember they were one of the three biggest enemies of the Doctor, the others being the master and the Daleks. And that many believe if anything other than a timelord could beat the Daleks, it would be the Cybermen, so you wouldnt want to cross them.

creed462
November 8th, 2005, 02:40 PM
One thing that made then scary was that they could make you one of them

yaaayoubetcha
November 10th, 2005, 08:20 AM
even though the Daleks and Cyberman have essentially the same orgin...i always found the Cyberman much more ominous.

they look humanoid...you know you're just one step away from being them...

daleks are cool...but for so long all you had to do was run up stairs or, as shown in Coupling, dive behind a couch. also, they were once described by one critic as 'malevolent pepper pots' which really took away some of the mystique. Just picture the Doctor flipping one over and seasoning his eggs.

The Signal
November 10th, 2005, 10:10 AM
True, but there is a genuine fear that rises up from people when they see the Daleks, there is something about them. The very fact that the Cybermen were human, and can make a human into one of them, means that deep down, there may be a shred of good, something there that one day might just save you. The Daleks, are nothing but drones that will follow an order to the end, with them, there is no hope, if a Dalek dislikes you, and you are not the Doctor or with him, you wont survive, the Dalek will not think again. And now they can "LEV-I-TATE" you cant even go up a flight of stairs.

creed462
November 10th, 2005, 11:59 AM
It is also possible to break through the the person in the cybermen

in circles
November 11th, 2005, 11:53 AM
My favourite baddies. The older ones are a lot creepier than the later ones. They were especially good in the Big Finish play Spare Parts.

creed462
November 24th, 2005, 10:42 AM
I remember in tomb of the cybermen they turned one gut, but the Doctor was able to bring back his mind.

Hudson
November 24th, 2005, 12:46 PM
Looked like Evil walking radios crossed with jodie marsh sprayed silver IMO (The old ones)

gotta love it :D

Easter Lily
November 24th, 2005, 10:34 PM
One of my favourite Who baddies... I really found them very creepy in the Tomb of the Cybermen... That's when I formed a healthy degree of fear... er... respect for them... :D

creed462
November 25th, 2005, 07:38 AM
They were trouble. Remember as soon as the doctor heard the words cybermen he had to stay

Deputy-Assistant-Second-Prime
November 26th, 2005, 06:27 PM
The Cybermen are my favorite baddies. :D

Egeria
November 26th, 2005, 07:58 PM
When I was a kid I was scared witless by the Cybermen. They are, by far, my favourite Doctor Who 'baddie' just because they gave me nightmares and scared me silly. I can't wait to see if they have the same effect on my kids. :)

The Signal
November 27th, 2005, 10:02 AM
lol that should be funny, my cousin had nightmares over the Daleks this year for weeks, a little wrong of me but i laughed about it, still do :D

creed462
November 28th, 2005, 06:42 PM
Just watch the five doctors, and its funny how a group of them just believe the master and walked accross the floor.

Tempis
November 30th, 2005, 09:26 AM
In case no one has seen what the new Cybermen look like...

http://www.bbc.co.uk/doctorwho/images/173/cyberman2006long.jpg

creed462
November 30th, 2005, 04:12 PM
Cool, they look like they'd be slower then ever now

Admiral John UG
January 7th, 2006, 06:14 AM
They were a bit more realistic than the Daleks weren't they? At least you could believe they could build spaceships and weapons. All Daleks did was drive round and EXTERMINATE.
John

http://www.universeguide.com/DoctorWho.php

Reefgirl
January 7th, 2006, 09:14 AM
Cybermen were once Human (Well humanish) but started adding metalic bits to themselves until they became more machine than man. See this http://www.bbc.co.uk/doctorwho/classic/news/briefhistory/cybermen.shtml

Metarock Sam
January 7th, 2006, 10:20 AM
well now they are going to appear in at least 4 episodes this season and they have an all new look too.

January 7th, 2006, 02:54 PM
They were a bit more realistic than the Daleks weren't they? At least you could believe they could build spaceships and weapons. All Daleks did was drive round and EXTERMINATE.
JohnWell, the Cybermen were my favorite villains, but they weren't very realistic when they first appeared.

http://images.gallifreyone.com/series/dd-book2.jpg (http://www.gallifreyone.com/episode.php?id=dd)

What's with those AC units they were toting around? :D

I'd like to point out that there is already a thread for this topic. It is Gateworld's policy is to avoid duplicate threads. To go to the other Cybermen thread, click here (http://forum.gateworld.net/showthread.php?t=19933).

And, of course, welcome to the forum. Always good to hear from other Doctor Who fans. :)

creed462
January 7th, 2006, 04:13 PM
But they get it Ironed Out By Tomb of the Cybermen

January 7th, 2006, 04:55 PM
But they get it Ironed Out By Tomb of the CybermenThey changed an average of once for every two appearances.

Willow'sCat
January 7th, 2006, 06:54 PM
I'd like to point out that there is already a thread for this topic. It is Gateworld's policy is to avoid duplicate threads. To go to the other Cybermen threadWhich is why they have now been merged, please if people see threads being duplicated report them and/or ask the Mods to merge them. :)

creed462
January 8th, 2006, 10:10 AM
Do you think the new Cybermen will be immuned to Gold.... Can any one see a Brog Joke comming

orii7
March 21st, 2006, 06:10 PM
Do you think the new Cybermen will be immuned to Gold.... Can any one see a Brog Joke comming

If they were immune to Gold, then what would stop them?

Bullets? Nope.
grenades? Maybe.
Rocket Launchers? Maybe.
C4 Explosives, Claymores,Land mines? Maybe.
Sonic Cannon? Hopefully. :D
Sonic Screwdriver? Of course it can! lol
Silver? Nope Cybermen are Silver! lol
Copper?
Dalek Bumps? uuhhh..... lol
My mum when she is mad? Definately lol :D now i'm in trouble....... :eek:

Maybe The alternate earth will be taken over by The Cybermen? Maybe The Doctor will think of something? Hopefully he will.

Nuallain
March 22nd, 2006, 03:08 AM
I've always been quite partial to this image of all the different types together:

http://www.bbc.co.uk/doctorwho/classic/gallery/cybermen/cybermen.shtml

I'd also check out this fansite (the "Restricted Files" password is "Nemesis")

http://www.cybuscorporation.com/site1.html

creed462
March 22nd, 2006, 06:54 AM
If they were immune to Gold, then what would stop them?

Bullets? Nope.
grenades? Maybe.
Rocket Launchers? Maybe.
C4 Explosives, Claymores,Land mines? Maybe.
Sonic Cannon? Hopefully. :D
Sonic Screwdriver? Of course it can! lol
Silver? Nope Cybermen are Silver! lol
Copper?
Dalek Bumps? uuhhh..... lol
My mum when she is mad? Definately lol :D now i'm in trouble....... :eek:

Maybe The alternate earth will be taken over by The Cybermen? Maybe The Doctor will think of something? Hopefully he will.

THe sonic screw driver does very well, they could always use a virus :)

orii7
March 22nd, 2006, 10:52 AM
THe sonic screw driver does very well, they could always use a virus :)

Well we could always try that. But what if they are immune to Viruses?

Or maybe after we use a Virus.........They become Immune to them?

Oh boy, im thinking of all sorts of ways the Cybermen can become Unbeatable! :eek:

But then if The Cybermen become unbeatable, then everybody would want to be a Cyberman. Or maybe we can just trap them on a Planet? For eternity? Its worth a try.

I might be better if the Planet had my mum on there. then the Cybermen would be in Cybertorture lol ROFL!!!!!!! oh boy im in trouble :eek: :) lol

creed462
March 22nd, 2006, 11:03 AM
The Virus I was talking about was from realtime... The Problem with imprisoning them on is they still pop up again, They can be very crafty see tomb of the cybermen

Metarock Sam
March 22nd, 2006, 12:48 PM
How about that metal destryoing virus from 'Robot' !!!

March 22nd, 2006, 01:16 PM
How about that metal destryoing virus from 'Robot' !!!Didn't the Doctor use a metal bucket to deliver the metal virus?

*Senses plot hole.* :D

Metarock Sam
March 22nd, 2006, 01:19 PM
Ah but I think we can say that whatever the bucket was made of it had anti virus paint or something like that in it to stop the virus from leaking out.

March 22nd, 2006, 01:22 PM
Ah but I think we can say that whatever the bucket was made of it had anti virus paint or something like that in it to stop the virus from leaking out.It was coated with Norton's Antivirus, Liquid Primer Version. :D

Metarock Sam
March 22nd, 2006, 01:27 PM
ROFL Thats Fantastic !!!

creed462
March 25th, 2006, 11:23 AM
I think the virus only infected that kind of metal

orii7
May 26th, 2006, 06:36 AM
I should have known......

Emotions

The Doctor used them in "The Invasion" and I believe nobody on the Thread thought of it.

Prior_of_the_Ori
May 26th, 2006, 07:00 AM
The Daleks and the Cybermen are so similar yet so different at the same time. If the Dalek were fire, the Cybermen are ice. I mean i always associate Daleks with the extreme emotion of hating everything. Pure hate. While the Cybermen maintain the cold attitude of a machine.

Also the new generation of Cybermen is interesting because wasnt it that the original Cybermen were actually a race of humans whose homeworld was a twin planet of Earth but got blown off into space?

creed462
May 26th, 2006, 08:43 AM
The Daleks and the Cybermen are so similar yet so different at the same time. If the Dalek were fire, the Cybermen are ice. I mean i always associate Daleks with the extreme emotion of hating everything. Pure hate. While the Cybermen maintain the cold attitude of a machine.

Also the new generation of Cybermen is interesting because wasnt it that the original Cybermen were actually a race of humans whose homeworld was a twin planet of Earth but got blown off into space?
Yes

pbellosom
May 26th, 2006, 11:59 AM
If, as been mentioned earlier in the thread The cybermen return this series in our universe then won't they need a new design without the cybus logo?

Wraith Scientist
May 26th, 2006, 01:11 PM
If, as been mentioned earlier in the thread The cybermen return this series in our universe then won't they need a new design without the cybus logo?

Presumably, they will look like the old cybermen (ie. like the ones in Earthshock), since the cyberman head they saw in Statten's museum looked like that.

Yipee, old-style cybermen!

creed462
May 27th, 2006, 06:05 AM
Didn't the Doctor use a metal bucket to deliver the metal virus?

*Senses plot hole.* :D
Just rewatched Robot, and the bucket was plastic

May 27th, 2006, 12:40 PM
Just rewatched Robot, and the bucket was plasticOkay. Thanks. I remembered it wrong. ;)

creed462
May 28th, 2006, 10:40 AM
No Prob

orii7
May 28th, 2006, 01:02 PM
Presumably, they will look like the old cybermen (ie. like the ones in Earthshock), since the cyberman head they saw in Statten's museum looked like that.

Yipee, old-style cybermen!

Yay! Old Cybermen on New Series! I hope they keep The "Darth Vader" Voices as they did in The Old Series (Earthshock, Attack of The Cybermen, Silver Nemisis, and the other Audio adventures with the Cybermen on them)

I remember readng somewhere about who is in the last 2 episodes on the 10th Doctor's Season and the ones I can remember that were listed were....

Nicholas Briggs .....Cybermen Voices
Terry Molloy .....Davros (Voice)
John Barrowman ..... Captain Jack Harkness

creed462
May 30th, 2006, 01:53 PM
Does that mean we will see Davros cool

IMForeman
May 30th, 2006, 03:17 PM
Does that mean we will see Davros cool

Believe not what is seen on IMDB. They had Davros listed for "Parting of the Ways" last year, and they had Red Dwarf's Norman Lovett listed as playing him. IMDB can be edited by anyone, so believe only what you see.

creed462
May 31st, 2006, 08:37 AM
That figures, but it would be cool for them to bring him back

orii7
June 1st, 2006, 02:18 PM
Believe not what is seen on IMDB. They had Davros listed for "Parting of the Ways" last year, and they had Red Dwarf's Norman Lovett listed as playing him. IMDB can be edited by anyone, so believe only what you see.

oh no. You again?

Your one of those people that always doubts what they think isnt right and tell the rest of the world or Forum that it aint going to happen and most of your people get proved WRONG!

I could say the same thing you said about IMDb about any other Database. So whatever you say, I could throw back at ya. You just hate me dont ya? please stop.

Back on the topic.

Still Davros is sooooo a possibility! It could explain lots of things about the 8th Doctor Audios and/or books! it could prove what is non-canon and what is not or what is (I hate to say it) Parellel Universe and whats not.

Besides, if all of the books and audios (most about the 8th Doctor) arn'tCanon then where is the fun in that? its like the 8th Doctor lasted for one or 2 adventures and then died!

But The Daleks history is already pretty messy. Very messy. But the thought of a Cybermen & A Dalek fighting each other......thats a new one. Its hard to think who would win? The Doctor? :D

creed462
June 2nd, 2006, 06:50 AM
I think it would be cool to se Davros, maybe the master can come back too

orii7
June 2nd, 2006, 07:47 AM
my mum really really wants The Master back. She wants The Doctor to have an advisary that is one of his people. So he can be as clever or more than The Doctor so it can be a challenge.

I would like to see Davros. See what he looks like right now ya now or if RTD will keep his appearance the same.

IMForeman
June 2nd, 2006, 06:01 PM
oh no. You again?

Your one of those people that always doubts what they think isnt right and tell the rest of the world or Forum that it aint going to happen and most of your people get proved WRONG!

I could say the same thing you said about IMDb about any other Database. So whatever you say, I could throw back at ya. You just hate me dont ya? please stop.

You need to calm way the heck down. That wasn't a vindictive pronouncement against you. It's just a fact that this happens all the time. Davros was listed last year, so when they list him again this year there's a level of skepticism. I just really doubt that Davros is really going to show.

Prior_of_the_Ori
June 3rd, 2006, 05:49 AM
The return of the Master would be cool I think I mean I can imagine the Doctors response similar to what he did when he saw the Dalek last season. I mean it would be irony that the Time War resulted in his entire species death but the only person surviving is a traitor to his kind.

Flyboy
June 3rd, 2006, 07:18 AM
Maybe not. Afterall, even in our universe, the Cybermen are constantly evolving and changing their apearance, creating more efficient droid bodies. They could look very much like the Cybus Cybermen...

orii7
June 3rd, 2006, 07:46 PM
Maybe not. Afterall, even in our universe, the Cybermen are constantly evolving and changing their apearance, creating more efficient droid bodies. They could look very much like the Cybus Cybermen...

I was just thinking about that. It is possible but........

The Cybus Logo on their chests shouldnt be there if it where to be the original Cybermen if they changed and looked like The Cybus Cybermen

Metarock Sam
June 4th, 2006, 11:54 AM
But The Daleks history is already pretty messy. Very messy. But the thought of a Cybermen & A Dalek fighting each other......thats a new one. Its hard to think who would win? The Doctor? :D
The Daleks history can be pretty simpllified. Any meetings pre Genesis of the Daleks have been rewritten Since the timeline was changed cos the Doctor revealed all of the Daleks defeats to Davros in Genesis of the Daleks. After that it gets a little complicated but not too complicated/

TheAncient1
June 16th, 2006, 01:46 PM
The Daleks history can be pretty simpllified. Any meetings pre Genesis of the Daleks have been rewritten Since the timeline was changed cos the Doctor revealed all of the Daleks defeats to Davros in Genesis of the Daleks. After that it gets a little complicated but not too complicated/

Let me correct you. Although the Doctor did reveal all of the Daleks defeats, the Doctor later destroyed the tape containing the information, so the timeline wasnt altered.

June 16th, 2006, 02:04 PM
Let me correct you. Although the Doctor did reveal all of the Daleks defeats, the Doctor later destroyed the tape containing the information, so the timeline wasnt altered.Yes, but he slowed down their development, by about 1,000 years if we are to believe his estimate.

Now was that 1,000 years previously accounted for in The Daleks or did he in fact alter history?

creed462
June 17th, 2006, 06:06 AM
Yes, but he slowed down their development, by about 1,000 years if we are to believe his estimate.

Now was that 1,000 years previously accounted for in The Daleks or did he in fact alter history?
It's hard to say, knowing the doctor he probally didn't alter history

Remember in the Aztecs he said you can't rewrite history not a single word.

June 17th, 2006, 07:08 AM
It's hard to say, knowing the doctor he probally didn't alter history

Remember in the Aztecs he said you can't rewrite history not a single word.I think altering time is a little more complicated than the Doctor portrayed in The Aztecs.

Metarock Sam
June 17th, 2006, 11:43 AM
Well according to BBC website what the Doctor did changes their whole history so anything pre Genesis of the Daleks was rewritten.
SO all stories after Genesis of the Daleks are part of the 2nd history of the Daleks.