X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

New Avatars! AND ...

Hey, folks!

By popular demand, we're proud to announce that we've just rolled out more than 200 brand new avatars! These run the gambit from new shots of the main characters (both shows) to new allies, enemies, ships, and more. The emphasis in this batch is on the first half of SG-1 Season Nine and Atlantis Season Two.

We've also added two new avatar categories:

- The Wraith. Everyone has access to these. We've moved over all the Wraith from "Stargate Enemies" and added a few new ones.
    - The Ori. Get your Priors here! This category is restricted to members who have been promoted to Enlisted Personnel or Officer's Class membership.

To make it up to you Basic Trainees, we've unlocked the entire Ships section for everyone to use.

To change your avatar, visit My Controls and click "Edit Avatar" on the left-hand menu. Use the drop-down menu to navigate through the different avatar categories that you have unlocked so far.

Now, what's with that AND in the title?

Our thanks for the new avatar goes to the newest addition to the GateWorld team! Gilles Nuytens, the top-notch designer behind The Scifi World, has agreed to sign on as GateWorld's official graphic designer. (He's known as Wallpaperman around here.) Since he's done such a bang-up job with the new avatars, we'll be giving him more and more to do around the Web site.

Welcome, Gilles! Stay tuned for more of his touch around the forum and GateWorld.net.
    GateWorld Podcast - Info - iTunes - Google
    The Stargate Omnipedia - www.StargateOmnipedia.com
    Stargate Image Gallery - www.StargateGallery.com

:O

Does that mean Giles will be improving on the smiley range here?

Comment

Could be, could be ...
      GateWorld Podcast - Info - iTunes - Google
      The Stargate Omnipedia - www.StargateOmnipedia.com
      Stargate Image Gallery - www.StargateGallery.com

Comment

Wooo. Maybe we can actually get a surprised smiley instead of an embarrassed one when using '' now

Comment

Awesome additions, Darren.

Also, welcome Gilles.

Comment

cool 200 new avatars
            So now that this Wallpaper guy is joining, does this mean you are going to change the design of the website. What is he going to do around here?
            Last edited by Dr. Elisabeth Weir; 08 November 2005, 12:06 AM.
            We are facing our future together - Dr. Elizabeth Weir
            Dr. Elisabeth Weir is a proud member of the GTA !
            *~'.:GTA 199:.'~*

Stargate Omega: so much more than a website ! Join the place today.

Comment

nice one darren these new ones are great no which shall i choose.......
              sigpic
              You are the fifth race, your role is clear, if there is any hope in preserving the future it lies with you and your people ~ 8years for those words
              Stargate : Genesis |
              Original Starship DesignThread
              Sanctuary for all | http://virtualfleet.vze.com/
              11000! green me

Comment

Nice new shiny Sam icon Thanks Gilles, hope you'll bring some of those nice Jonas/Corin ones over here too
                LizWhite.net

Comment

Ohhh new avs *runs of to check*

BTW Welcome Gilles. Hope you enjoy it here.

Comment

Yeah new avatars for all, I only unlocked them recently and now I have such a wide choice, theres no way I am going to use custom ones for a while, even though one of the new "Ori" avatars was one I already was using but this one is a better size and quality!!!

Comment

WooHoo! I can't wait to go see them. I hope there are some good ones of Mitchell!

Thanks, Darren and Giles and all TPTB here at Gateworld!

LOL at the "Hallowed are the Moderators".

edited: Maybe I got excited too early. I can select a category, but when I click on "go" nothing happens. Am I doing something wrong?
                      Last edited by ChillinTheMost; 08 November 2005, 03:41 AM.

Comment

Thank you Darren you rock, BTW welcome Gilles Nuytens I look forward to your cool looking avatars
                        "Love is not for life, it's for one week only" Wass

“You have to stay in shape. My grandmother, she started walking five miles a day when she was 60. She's 97 today and we don't know where the hell she is.” Ellen DeGeners

“You tried your best and you failed miserably. The lesson is 'never try'.” Homer Simpson

“It took me fifteen years to discover I had no talent for writing, but I couldn't give it up, because by that time I was too famous.” Robert Benchley

“What is it with McDonald's staff who pretend they don't understand you unless you insert the 'Mc' before the item you're ordering? It has to be a McChicken burger...a chicken burger gets blank looks. Well, I'll have a McStraw and jam it into your McEyes, you f**cking Mc******!” Billy Connolly

“Before you judge a man, walk a mile in his shoes. After that, who cares? ...He's a mile away and you've got his shoes.” Billy Connolly

Comment

Gilles is awesome

I might just have to go back to the standard avs.....
                          gumboYaYa: you are all beautiful, your words and openness are what make that shine. don't forget how much talent love and beauty you all have.
                          so for now, peace love love love more love and happy, and thank you, thank you, thank you
                          love Torri

Comment

Welcome, Gillis.
                            Secretary-General of GATO ¤ Defender of F.O.R.D.

Comment

Sweet and Darren, nice avatar and Ranking.
                              sigpic

Comment

Working...
                              X