Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Are we gonna get a sequel?

The title says it all.
    Captain John Sheridan: [practicing his apology for blowing up a Centauri War Cruiser] I apologize. I'm sorry. I'm sorry we had to defend ourselves against an unwarranted attack. I'm sorry that your crew was stupid enough to fire on a station filled with a quarter million civilians, including your own people. And I'm sorry I waited as long as I did before I blew them all straight to hell! As with everything else it's the thought that counts.

Beta Ray Bill: “ I have battled in the vastness of space and bled in the depths of Hell! Come for me, and you come for death!!!” Omega Flight #5 of 5

I enjoyed the movie and would love to see a sequel.
    Spoiler:
    even though it seemed like they were just killing off Walsh and Book for whatever reason
    All posts are IMO, I am not a rocket scientist.

Bender: "Lets go get drunk!"
    Pay it forward

Comment

nooooooooooooo, we can't have a sequel anymore...cuz
      Spoiler:
      Wash is gone *tear*
      now a prequel wouldn't be a bad idea
      sigpic

Comment

Spoiler:
        Don't knock the death of Wash and Book. It was sad, but it had to happen. Book's death launched Mal and co. on thier mission, and Wash's death made their whole predicament so much more real and frightening, especially when another character was hurt. How many people were absolutly, 100% positive that Kaylee was gonna come through? Or Simon? Or Zoe? I didn't think so. There were even split-seconds where I feared for Jayne and River and Mal. We never would've been so invested in the film if that hadn't happened. And at least Wash died truly being a Big Damned Hero, saving the crew in an incredible bit of flying.

And yes, there will be a sequel. $35 million in the bag already, at least another $20 million from Browncoats buying the DVDs, not to mention the imminent release for New Zealand and Western Europe. Universal is already leaning towards a sequel, and they don't necissarily have to make $80 million to get a sequel (I believe that Joss said that the $80 million was what they needed to definatly get a sequel, but if they're a little under that it could easily still happen).

Comment

Brilliant! I hope they explore Books past...

Sheppard: "Y’know, we’ve been having these conversations for a couple of weeks now, and I don’t even know your name. You guys do have names, right? Let me guess...Steve?"
          Wraith: "I am your death. That is all you need to know."
          Sheppard: "I prefer Steve."

Comment

A prequel? That would be interesting too! We'd see how the characters came to be, etc.....just like in Star Wars, I think it might be very cool if they went that route. Mind you, it'll be even better if they bring back the series!!! They should <sigh>.
            Don't make me zat you

It took us 15 years and 3 super computers to MacGyver a system for the gate on Earth.

Dial=> http://www.pathcom.com/~kcheung for days remaining until the Vancouver con!

Comment

They also seem to set up a more dangours enemy, so that will be interesting.
              Tis No Fool to lose what He can not keep, To gain what he will never Lose

Comment

Wow! A sequel??? I hope this is a definite go and it doesn't get scrapped. Arghhh...why don't they just bring back the regular series That way, we can get more of the show on a weekly basis.

Maybe with the recent movie and a sequel it'll bring back even more interest to justify Firefly returning to the tube

Originally posted by White Knight
                Spoiler:
                Don't knock the death of Wash and Book. It was sad, but it had to happen. Book's death launched Mal and co. on thier mission, and Wash's death made their whole predicament so much more real and frightening, especially when another character was hurt. How many people were absolutly, 100% positive that Kaylee was gonna come through? Or Simon? Or Zoe? I didn't think so. There were even split-seconds where I feared for Jayne and River and Mal. We never would've been so invested in the film if that hadn't happened. And at least Wash died truly being a Big Damned Hero, saving the crew in an incredible bit of flying.

And yes, there will be a sequel. $35 million in the bag already, at least another $20 million from Browncoats buying the DVDs, not to mention the imminent release for New Zealand and Western Europe. Universal is already leaning towards a sequel, and they don't necissarily have to make $80 million to get a sequel (I believe that Joss said that the $80 million was what they needed to definatly get a sequel, but if they're a little under that it could easily still happen).
                Don't make me zat you

It took us 15 years and 3 super computers to MacGyver a system for the gate on Earth.

Dial=> http://www.pathcom.com/~kcheung for days remaining until the Vancouver con!

Comment

i hope they explore the past too and maybe come up with a prequel Serenity movie or even a series
                  sigpic

Comment

I hear that they have a three movie deal.

Note: User's posts are rarely serious.
                    Member of the F.O.R.D. || Martouf Marty's Webpage || (LJ)

Comment

I guess they maybe decided to not bring back the series but instead concentrate in making movies instead just like in Star Trek The Next Generation whereby the series ended to go onto the big screen. Probably more money going that route.

Originally posted by MartoufMarty
                      I hear that they have a three movie deal.
                      Don't make me zat you

Comment

Either way, FOX is probably kicking themselves now

Note: User's posts are rarely serious.
                        Member of the F.O.R.D. || Martouf Marty's Webpage || (LJ)

Comment

prolly
                          sigpic

Comment

Joss has already gone on record saying that he won't make a prequel movie or series, since there's already enough material to cover the time before the series, and the other gaps in the timeline will be filled in as the franchise continues (which he originally intended to with future season of Firefly). This is despite the fact that all the BDH,
                            Spoiler:
                            even Alan Tudyk and Ron Glass,
                            are signed on for another two movies, and Joss said that
                            Spoiler:
                            Tudyk and Glass
                            will definatly be in future movies (and "not in a cheesy twin-sibling kinda way"), begging the question of how will he do this? Don't know, but I'm keen to find out. Bring on Serenity 2!

Comment

They could always bring them back in flashbacks/memories of things we never got to see in Serenity/Firefly.
                              Like art? Buy prints.

Comment

Working...
                              X