This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Orilla (spelling?)

Who wants to see SG1 visit the new Asgard homeworld, walking around, being taller than almost everything And oh yes, anyone know how to spell their new homework?
    Amanda, "Wallow Central."

Ever wondered why the ceilings in Asgard buildings/ships were so tall?

I guess their architecture accounts for potential contact with taller races....?
    "So are we taking your car or mine, or am I just gonna follow you?"
    Daniel Jackson - "Affinity"

Comment

I was thinking the samething. It seemed their original form was really similar to ours, but looked taller, but thats just my eyes

Comment

Originally posted by littlemigueljr
        And oh yes, anyone know how to spell their new homework?
        What? The Asgard are taking spelling lessons?

I have no idea how it's spelled. Orilla? Aurilla? Aurella? I wonder if the Closed Captioning got it right? Gee, might have to watch it again.
        Urgo: I wanna live, I wanna experience the universe and I wanna eat pie!
        O'Neill: Who doesn't?
        - Urgo, Stargate: SG-1, Episode 3.16

"Let's be real here. It should be fun. We're not saving lives, we're entertaining them."
        - RDA, Stargate SG-1: The Lowdown

some assembly required, batteries not included, action figures sold seperately
        once done, cannot be undone...
        brought to you by Anthro Girl, Grand Pooh-Bah of the SFA

Comment

The spelling is very interessting because I was not able to find any connection to real world mythology for Panagal/Penagal of the Asgard High Council and for Aurilla/Orilla.

Normally all Asgard characters have one (like Thor, Freyr, Heimdall etc.) Now Commander Aegir of the Valhalla is added with "Aegir" and "Valhalla" based on real world mythology.

If anybody finds the real character, please tell me...
          www.savestargatesg-1.com

Comment

Originally posted by Anthro Girl
            What? The Asgard are taking spelling lessons?

I have no idea how it's spelled. Orilla? Aurilla? Aurella? I wonder if the Closed Captioning got it right? Gee, might have to watch it again.
            I think you know what i meant, and anyway i was editing while you posted

Comment

Since we don't have a confirmed spelling I'm gonna go with Orilla.

Comment

Yah, its more simple then Aurella, haha... I am so happy that they have a new planet

Comment

Originally posted by wilhelmganon
                  Ever wondered why the ceilings in Asgard buildings/ships were so tall?

I guess their architecture accounts for potential contact with taller races....?
                  Since the furling skeletons looked pretty tall, the Nox are human sized, and Ancients are human sized, and that makes up their wonderful alliance, they probably got in the habit of building things like that.
                  sigpic

Comment

Or they just like having their space But yah, since i guess the alliance of 4, it would make sense.

Comment

Originally posted by aAnubiSs
                      Since we don't have a confirmed spelling I'm gonna go with Orilla.
                      That's how it's spelled at SciFi's episode guide, so that looks good!
                      Urgo: I wanna live, I wanna experience the universe and I wanna eat pie!
                      O'Neill: Who doesn't?
                      - Urgo, Stargate: SG-1, Episode 3.16

"Let's be real here. It should be fun. We're not saving lives, we're entertaining them."
                      - RDA, Stargate SG-1: The Lowdown

some assembly required, batteries not included, action figures sold seperately
                      once done, cannot be undone...
                      brought to you by Anthro Girl, Grand Pooh-Bah of the SFA

Comment

The whole spelling thing is all weird, for instance, some places, they spell Asgard Asgaurd, and vice versa, so yah,

Comment

Originally posted by littlemigueljr
                          The whole spelling thing is all weird, for instance, some places, they spell Asgard Asgaurd, and vice versa, so yah,
                          Yes, those are places that can't spell

Comment

I always go with the simplest form... Orilla and Asgard.

Comment

Originally posted by Selmak
                              I always go with the simplest form... Orilla and Asgard.
                              Those are not just the simplest form, they are the only correct form, making them simultaneously the simplest and most complex form.
                              sigpic

Comment

Working...
                              X