• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

SG1 - Space View Oct 05 Issue- Ben Browder

From Space View (a German language scifi magazine):

http://www.space-view.de/home.htm

HIGHLIGHTS

STARGATE SG-1: Ben Browder on season 9. BB: "it looks in such a way, as if the calculation comes up and the fans are inspired!"

(This was via the Babelfish translation, so I'm sure there was something lost there in the translation. Perhaps one of our German speaking fans can provide a better translation ([please!].)

The chronicles of Narnia: The king of Narnia

The C.S.I. autumn

Harry Potter and the fire cup

Excerpt of Ben Browder interview:

http://www.space-view.de/artikel_zwei.htm

Ben Browder

A Sonnyboy for touching

Although it is straight times 09:30 o'clock, the thermometer indicates already merciless 25 degrees in the shade. Ben Browder is to this time already obviously tiredly. Today one of its most violent turning days is in this week at the "Stargate" set. Nevertheless he sacrifices his coffee break for a personal discussion. Whether I would make the interview also in his camper, he asks smiling and I nod gratefully, wohlweislich, since this will be air-conditioned and thus cool. Before us ten large white cars and Ben pile up themselves stop verdutzt and scratch themselves the head in two facing rows set up.

"it looks in such a way, as if the calculation comes up and the fans are inspired."

SpaceView: , you had Ben as a "Stargate" beginner difficulties with the new entrance here?

BB: No, the entire crew, i.e. not only the actors, but also all different, accepted us very cordially. This relay is difficult for all, because there is not only four new, firm actor, but also a new production company, Sony. Amanda began also later, because her baby only at the end of came March to the world, therefore holds together we all closely.

SpoSpaceView: And the sworn in fan municipality, how reacts to you?

BB: We were in San Diego on a Con, there ran everything great. Owing to "Farscape" is also not new for me. It looks in such a way, as if the calculation of the producers comes up and the fans are inspired. Of course "Stargate" is different, my role than as per Col. Cameron Mitchell is it also. But all, which I spoke, were inspired. I hope, which will remain in such a way also in the future. I work gladly here.

SpaceView: If you should describe Cameron Mitchell with own words, what is it for a type?

BB: Now, he encounters Hank Landry (Beau Bridges) recommendation of general to the team in addition. The general is also new, he is the successor of general Jack O'Neill (R. D Anderson) and is like that something like a mental pulling father of Mitchell. He holds the hand for something over him and what it makes. Since he is new, he makes some errors and/or must only learn to arrange himself in the group.

"the danger that one could do this FOR ' Farscape 2 ' STOPS, does not exist!"

SpaceView: Your former "Farscape" colleague Claudia Black plays also also, how that is to co-operate again?

BB: Normally, nothing special. We know each other well, but everything was new here for us at the beginning. Everyone had to adjust itself to the changes, which resulted. I co-operate gladly with Claudia, but I work also gladly with the other colleagues. The danger that one could regard this as "Farscape 2", does not exist. My role is differently, their also. My character is here rather the "young draufgaengerische beginner", who causes so some small Patzer. It meets the "old hares", and must zusammenraufen itself. Claudia does not play in each consequence also, I mostly already. I hope, betray not too much

(Again, translation from Babelfish.)

I think you can order from this web site:

http://www.space-view.de/nachbestellung.htm

|*|(*)|*|(*)|*|

Morjana
    Last edited by morjana; 10 July 2007, 10:32 AM.

SG1/SGA/SGU - Saving Earth/Atlantis/?, one mission at a time!
    SG1-Spoilergate Richard Dean Anderson Fans Abydos Gate Morjana
    Morjana's Blog Twitter

Thanks Mojanna...

There was a little more in a 2nd column:

SV: how felled it you privately that you got a roll in a such successful series?

BB grins extend, staggers theatrical the hands behind the head and puts demonstratively the feet including battle boots on the table covered yet with plastic.

BB: I enjoy each second ! One, nowadays it became are so heavy to find a duration job in the TV or film, there you as a performer simply only happy if you manage to grab such a roll. To work permanently here in "Stargate“ is like a lottery-profit for me. Vancouver is beautiful, one can undertake privately much. The Crew is fantastic, and I have joke at the filmings. For that I also yet am paid, what more can one want?

SV: sounds too good in order to be true.

BB bursts out laughing loudly: yes, it is that also. And I enjoy it. One positively must see the things. I earn good money, regularly and can offer my family a good life. My son is powerfully proudly that I work in "Stargate“, that feels itself then doubly well if one comes home.

SV: thank for the interview!

BB: gladly happen!

----
    Awwww, love the fact his son is really proud that his Dad is working on a fav. show

Comment

Originally posted by Kas
      Thanks Mojanna...

There was a little more in a 2nd column:

Thank you, Kes!

I've got to buy new glasses some time this century.

I missed the second column!

Morjana

SG1/SGA/SGU - Saving Earth/Atlantis/?, one mission at a time!
      SG1-Spoilergate Richard Dean Anderson Fans Abydos Gate Morjana
      Morjana's Blog Twitter

Comment

Cool, what I could understand of it.
        sigpic
        MS - "Boy, wow that's a great question!"
        "...phu...ah..."
        "Anyone know what SENTIENT means???"
        Sunday is my favorite day for two reasons - Football and The Walking Dead

Comment

Hi,
          here's my translation of the interview... I hope it's a little easier for you to read... but I don't know if the translation is actually "better"

SV: Ben, you as a "Stargate"-Newcomer, did you have any problems to settle in?

BB: No, the entire crew, i.e. not only the other actors but everybody else welcomed us very hearty. This season is difficult for everybody, for there are not only four new cast members, but also a new production company, Sony. And Amanda came back later, because she gave birth to her baby in late march. Therefore we all stick together very closely.

SV: And the Fans, how do they respond to you?

BB: We did a convention in San Diego and everything went well. Thanks to "Farscape" all of that isn't new to me. It looks like everything is working out fine for us and the fans are thrilled. Of course, Stargate is very different and so is my part as Lt. Col Cameron Mitchell. But everybody I talked to was enthusiastic. I hope it's going to be like this in the future. I enjoy working here.

SV: If you had to describe Mitchell in your own words, what kind of a guy is he?

BB: Well, he joins the team because he's been recommended by General Hank Landry (Beau Bridges). The General is new himself, he's O'Neills successor and some kind of a foster-father for Mitchell. He kind of protects him and his actions a little. Because he's new, he's making a few mistakes and/or has to learn how to fit into the group.

SV: Your former "Farscape" colleague Claudia Black also appears on the show, what was it like to work with her again?

BB: Uasual, nothing special. We know each other very well, but everything around here was new for us. We both had to accustom to the changes. I really like working with Claudia, but I also enjoy working with the others. But we don't run the risk that people might think that this is "Farscape 2". My part is different and so is hers. My character is rather the young and daring kind of new guy who causes some minor trouble. He meets the professionals and they have to find out how to work together. Claudia doesn't appear in every episode, but I do. I hope that doesn't give away too much.

SV: How do you feel about playing a part in such a successful show?

BB grins widely, crosses his hands theatrically behind his head and puts his feet demonstratively on the table, which is still coverd with plastic.
          BB: I enjoy every second. Man, nowadays it's so hard to get a long term job in the television or movie business. As an actor you're just happy if you can get a job like this. Working on Stargate permanently is like winning the lottery for me. Vancouver is beautiful, you can do a lot around here. The crew is fantastic, and I enjoy filming Stargate. And I even get paid for it.

SV: That sounds just too good to be true.

BB laughs
          BB: Yes, it is. And I really enjoy it. You've got to think positiv. I earn good money, on a regular basis and I can offer my family a good life. My son is really proud that I'm on Stargate. Therefore it feels twice as good to come home.

SV: Thank you for the interview.

BB: You're welcome.

Comment

Thanks for doing the translation Honey... It's nice to read the flowing interview instead of 'digital translators' that take it all so literally with no nuance for speech.

Nice interview...sounds like BB is really enjoying himself up there and in making the show.

It's also interesting to read of his views on Mitchell/Landry relationship and how he is a 'father figure' to Mitchell.

Comment

[QUOTE/]Hi,
              here's my translation of the interview... I hope it's a little easier for you to read... but I don't know if the translation is actually "better" /QUOTE]

Actually it is much better, the Babelfish one was making my eyes go crossed! Thanks so much for taking the time to do this! Loved the insight the interview gave to the Mitchell/Landry relationship! Great to know Ben is having such a great time working on Stargate! I know I am having a great time watching him!

Comment

Thank you very much, Honey. Your translation did wonders for me. Have some green.
                sigpic
                MS - "Boy, wow that's a great question!"
                "...phu...ah..."
                "Anyone know what SENTIENT means???"
                Sunday is my favorite day for two reasons - Football and The Walking Dead

Comment

Working...
                X