PDA

View Full Version : Rising, Part 1 (101)

Pages : 1 [2]

garhkal
January 12th, 2014, 12:17 PM
I like the Pilot on a second viewing more than i did when i first watched it. Maybe because i have better understanding of the show's franchise as a whole.

True. I think a lot is lost on you if you watch rising without any knowledge of SG1..

mrscopterdoc
August 20th, 2014, 07:49 AM
Not sure how many time I re-watched SGA now, first episode still one of my fav and never gets old.I totally agree!

My favorite part was when Sheppard is following Teyla through that forrest and loses his balance and he almost fall into that ravine. It was clearly something you won't find in many movies: something real. And I started to search for those kind of moments in every episode.
I love that part! So funny! And the look on his face as he tries to play it off.....

Night Maiden
September 23rd, 2014, 05:28 PM
The wraith projecting the silky ghosts of white transparent elegance were so cool.

Janet Fraiser
July 29th, 2015, 08:48 AM
Watched this yesterday. I knew the Ancient woman at the beginning looked familiar, but it wasn't until listening to the commentary that I remembered people here talking about her in the Frozen thread. Awesome.

I only watched the series opener once almost ten years ago, so I wasn't sure how much I'd like it this time around, having remembered none of it. It was great, and the atmosphere of the show, at least in the beginning, is so much more creepy than most of SG-1 that it was refreshing. I loved the city rising to the surface. But then, that's supposed to be the highlight of the episode, is it not?

Really excited to finally get into my SGA re-watch. Fell in love with the characters all over again right from the beginning, and it was nice to see Jack and Daniel interacting with the rest of the SGA crew. Let the Pegasus adventures begin. :D

WraithTech
July 6th, 2018, 05:05 PM
Any idea what is going on in this early scene? The gaze of the man is intense. Accusatory maybe? I would have liked to have known more, especially about any disagreements in possible factions of Ancients in the Pegasus galaxy.

https://www.gateworld.net/gallery/albums/atl_season1/101-RisingPart1/screencaps/normal_atl_101_0007.JPG