Clear All

What Comes Before The Dawn... (207)

Stargate: Horizon - Season Two
    "What Comes Before The Dawn..."

"What Comes Before The Dawn..."
    Ep: 2.07
    Release Date: November 3rd 2005
    Written by Alex Rubit

As Commander Callen goes missing while visiting the Vorian homeworld, the Horizon team follows a trace which leads them a surprising a revelation with regard to the Kih’Andari.
    Outstanding
    57.14%
    Good
    42.86%
    Fair
    0.00%
    Poor
    0.00%
    Terrible
    0.00%
    Click on banner to visit the Stargate: Horizon homepage.

The latest episode of Stargate: Horizon is now online. In this character oriented episode we learn more about Callen's background, and some surprising news regarding the Kih'Andari are revealed.

Follow the link to download the episode, and don't forget to stop back right here for comments and discussions!

Comment

It's been a while since I read it, but I know I enjoyed it. It provided some great insight into Callen's past history, and develops his character quite a bit. I like where this character is headed.
      Beyond the Horizon Lies the Gateway to a New Galaxy
      Stargate Horizon, Co-Executive Producer
      Latest Episode: 4.06 - "Eden"
      Stargate Destiny, Fan
      Latest Episode: 1.20 - "Alliances, Part One"

Comment

I liked the episode so much I gave it an Outstanding Is the medallion going to be coming into the play in the future, it seemed rather important???

Comment

Originally posted by AzMcNeil
          I liked the episode so much I gave it an Outstanding Is the medallion going to be coming into the play in the future, it seemed rather important???
          Thanks. I'm glad you've enjoyed it. There aren't any concrete plans with regard to the medallion. The idea behind the medallion is basically that it in a way it establishes a connection between Callen and Varlis; it might have been something that Callen once gave to him. The episode really leaves that open, which I think worked out quite well. There's no specific explanation or back story that's mentioned in the episode, but you do get the sense that it's important in some way.

Thinking about it, I guess you never know. Maybe that medallion will pop up again one day.

Comment

I must have some sort of desire to point out the "major" flaws with episodes, because I gave it an outstanding, but I still keep getting bugged by one thing...

Do you have to to this to the Kih'Andari? Bah!

[leaves in a rant]
            This poster has a Superiority Complex. Apologies in advance.

Comment

Originally posted by NoDot
              I must have some sort of desire to point out the "major" flaws with episodes, because I gave it an outstanding, but I still keep getting bugged by one thing...

Do you have to to this to the Kih'Andari? Bah!

[leaves in a rant]
              Thanks. I'm glad you liked it.

But I'm curious... what are we doing to the Kih'Andari?

Comment

I'm still quite curious, by the way. Just what is it you think we're doing to the Kih'Andari?

We do have very specific plans for them, and those plans will have quite an impact on things. If only I could say what they are. But I can't.

Comment

Interesting episode, some fantastic character developments and since it's your fault for me knowing this, I can't help but point out minor similarites to 24 season one. The bomb thing, getting to Callen through his son, 10 year ago mission with people connected to it dying.

I loved Callen in this episode, it was a really interesting story with nice moments. I loved how Chase called him Lenny, lol.
                  sigpic
                  Stargate Destiny - Coming Again Soon

Comment

That won't be the first time Lenori is called Lenny.

I'm not sure if it has some similarities to 24, because I've only seen the first four episodes. I expect to get a full box set or two for my birthday. We try to avoid copying other shows when possible, but you'd have to ask Alex.

Alas, I grow off topic. I should be off writing PP and TFT's trailer.
                    Last edited by SierraGulf1; 05 November 2005, 09:15 AM.
                    Beyond the Horizon Lies the Gateway to a New Galaxy
                    Stargate Horizon, Co-Executive Producer
                    Latest Episode: 4.06 - "Eden"
                    Stargate Destiny, Fan
                    Latest Episode: 1.20 - "Alliances, Part One"

Comment

Originally posted by Elite Anubis Guard
                      Interesting episode, some fantastic character developments and since it's your fault for me knowing this, I can't help but point out minor similarites to 24 season one. The bomb thing, getting to Callen through his son, 10 year ago mission with people connected to it dying.
                      Interesting that you say that, because actually 24 had nothing to do at all with this episode. The one parallel is the mission from the past (though on 24 it was two years ago), but it's not like 24 was the first time something like that happened. How often does a character somewhere find him or herself confronted with their past? That they'd try to get to him through his son is a logical choice, since, as Callen said, they can't get to him while he's on Horizon.

I'm honestly not sure what you mean with the bomb? Where was there a bomb in 24 Season One? I must be getting old. I guess it's time I re-watch it again.

I loved Callen in this episode, it was a really interesting story with nice moments. I loved how Chase called him Lenny, lol.
                      That is his official nickname now.

Comment

A great episode! The best episode so far in the season! Well written with some execellent looks into Callen's past. I see the 24 parallel though and I do the bomb was in season 2 of 24 not season 1.

timdalton007

Comment

Hi Alex. Wow you have proved to me yet again that you are indeed the undisputed "Master of the SH Universe!" Buddy you did a great job with this episode. It was a very, very important episode with respect to both the overall Horizon mission as well as Callen's development. Wow there were just so many cool things that happened in this episode. It was great to see Callen in this way, as a strong dignified leader and the massive insight to his past was a treat to behold. It shows how different he is in the field as opposed to what he seems like on board the Horizon when he is sitting behind a massive pile of paperwork! It strongly reminds me of the incredible last episode of SG-1 Season 7 when we saw "Hammond of Texas" (damn do I love that description!!) go from a paper-pusher to a mighty warrior. Furthermore I think that all this confusion as to whether or not the Kih'Andari are telling the truth with regards to the terrorist offshoot or not was another great touch. Finally the scene of Callen tossing the medallion and contemplating his actions was a great way to end this episode. Great job Alex
                          Sheppard: ..."You guys do have names, right?"
                          ..."Let me guess ... Steve?"
                          <He was cool..for a Wraith!>

Comment

Thanks. I'm really glad you enjoyed this episode.

It was fun to get to see Callen from a bit of a different side. I also liked the fact that we got to see some more of what his status is on Vorian, where people recognize (or believe to recognize) him on the street. You don't get too much of a sense of that while he's on Horizon. We've got quite a famous man here.

This was definitely a fun episode to write, and I'm glad people have been enjoying it.

Comment

Yes, this is one of my favorite episodes. Can't really put a specific finger as to why, but it is.
                              sigpic
                              Stargate Destiny - Coming Again Soon

Comment

Working...
                              X