PDA

View Full Version : Now Hiring Writers and 3d Designers!

Alex Rubit
November 2nd, 2005, 03:49 PM
Stargate: Horizon is currently looking for additional staff writers as well as 3D artists to join the staff! In order to keep up with the writing tasks as well as getting to a point where we can release 3D images on a regular basis, we are looking for several creative and enthusiastic people to become a part of the team. If you are interested, please read the requirements for the respective positions carefully before applying.

As a Staff Writer you should:

- Have previous experience with writing in script format
- Be knowledgeable when it comes to screenwriting and know the standard format and structure of teleplays (if this is not the case, you'll need to be willing to learn; so feel free to apply anyway, but make sure to mention it)
- Have a general interest in screenwriting
- Be available for online meetings on a weekly basis
- Be able to work on deadlines
- Be familiar with Horizon, preferably be a fan. Otherwise you'd have a whole lot of catching up to do, as at this point it's crucial to know the series, it's characters and history in order to write it properly

As a 3D Designer you should:

- Have experience in CG designs
- Be available for online meetings on a weekly basis
- Be able to work on deadlines

One of the most important requirements for all staff members is to be available; in an ongoing production like this, things can evolve on a day to day basis, and it tends to get complicated when not everyone on staff is up to speed. So, as a staff member you should be easily reachable outside the weekly online meetings. You should be able to check the private development forums on a daily basis, and keep up with the latest developments, including reading the latest drafts of the scripts, on which as a writer you'd be giving notes. As a designer you're required to read the scripts, simply in order to get an idea of what it is you're actually designing, as most of the designs will be episode specific. But, of course, if you are a fan of the series, keeping up with the episodes shouldn't present a problem to you. Basically this just means: make sure to only apply if you believe you will be having the necessary spare time available to devote to the project.

Well, if you’ve made it this far, and you’re still interested, here’s what you will have to do. Please send an email to [email protected] You should include a brief paragraph about yourself, including your previous experience in the category you’re applying for as well as telling us why you would like to join the staff. Please also include your age, and make sure to attach a sample of your work. In the case of 3D designers that should anything between two to five CG images, in the case of writers it should be a minimum of 20 pages of your previous writing, but naturally it can be more than that if you prefer. Both script and prose will be accepted, but script format is preferred.

And, to avoid any kind of confusion, please be aware that all positions are voluntary and unpaid!

Thanks for you interest. Hope to hear from some of you soon.

Alex

SierraGulf1
November 2nd, 2005, 04:11 PM
Additionally:

Some suggestions if you've got nothing to submit. When I went to join I wrote up a teaser for an idea of mine for a Horizon episode. The idea has been shelved, but it is a good way to show Alex you know what you're writing, in addition to the fact that you know the character you'll be writing.

It's unpaid, voluntary, but truly fun. :) While Alex makes it seem like it's strict work and being on 24/7, it's more just being on enough so that you know the latest for the episodes that are yet to come. Since we'll have the entire 1st half written pretty soon, things would start off with 2.13. Many episodes already have ideas, but there's still opprotunity to pitch, as I think we don't quite have a full season yet.

Alex Rubit
November 2nd, 2005, 04:48 PM
It's unpaid, voluntary, but truly fun. :) While Alex makes it seem like it's strict work and being on 24/7, it's more just being on enough so that you know the latest for the episodes that are yet to come.

Of course there's a little work involved every now and then, but the most important thing is that it's fun. After all, we're not getting paid, so why do it if it isn't fun? ;)

I wouldn't consider reading the scripts work anyway. It's really just a matter of being up to date, especially since there are a lot of story arcs. It tends to get confusing if you don't know what's happening or where certain developments are going.

The online meetings are over the weekend, by the way. And the specific times can always be arranged so that it will be a good time for everyone involved.

Lt. Colonel Ryu Gaia
November 2nd, 2005, 05:23 PM
Alex, I just sent you an e-mail. Hoping for a quick response.

Stricken
November 3rd, 2005, 03:20 AM
Im not going to apply and this I may regret, the truth is I hardly read any of Horizon and I am hoping to be involoved in another serries, well two actuall, Legacy And Atlas, who knows by the time I have made this post I may have changed my mind :D

Alex Rubit
November 3rd, 2005, 01:27 PM
Alex, I just sent you an e-mail. Hoping for a quick response.

I don't think I've received your email, unless I'm mistaking someone else with you. It's possible that I didn't get it yet, though, due to technical reasons.

If you still have it saved, the best thing would be to just send it again. That way I should have it for sure.

Alex Rubit
November 3rd, 2005, 01:37 PM
Im not going to apply and this I may regret, the truth is I hardly read any of Horizon and I am hoping to be involoved in another serries, well two actuall, Legacy And Atlas, who knows by the time I have made this post I may have changed my mind :D

If you do change your mind, you know how to reach me. ;)

The reason it's better to know the series is really just that there's a lot going on, especially this season. But, actually that's the fun of the whole thing. There are all these different things going on with regard to the major storylines and the larger arcs, and there are a lot of characters (regulars and recurring).

Anyone, don't let all the requirements concern you if you're interested. From past experience I've just learned that sometimes people might be interested without having too much of an idea of the effort that's involved in keeping the series going and releasing episodes on a weekly basis. So, this time I do think everyone should definitely be aware of that.

Stricken
November 4th, 2005, 08:08 AM
I may start reading them again next week or Tommorow which ever comes first :D so its better for the moment if I dont apply maybe next time when theres a space

SierraGulf1
November 4th, 2005, 11:32 AM
Sounds good, people are always moving in and out, anyway. I'm sure there'll be more spots open by Season 3.

Tiletron
November 4th, 2005, 04:13 PM
I may start reading them again next week or Tommorow which ever comes first :D so its better for the moment if I dont apply maybe next time when theres a space

I'd just first like to say to everyone that I've only read a few of the episodes so far for Season 1... in fact, I haven't even read the episode that my drawing was part of yet! I do plan on getting around to catching up to where we are now, it's just not my prioirty on the team at the moment.

The reason for this is I like to get development work of importance out of the way first, namely the Valiant which I'm working on at the moment. Now I'm not saying I don't get involved; I come to meetings when I can get on (sometimes I'm late), but I still contribute things now and rhen, and I debate things on a subject when the project calls for it. Because of work I've done on game modifications, I've gotten into the routine of creating design documents for whatever I build so I can keep track of the development for an "entity" (ships/vehicles, items, weapons... cities :)). If I have a query, I post a suggestion to Alex about it for him to read, and then he gives me the heads-up on what he likes and what conflicts with the core-ideas. Then I fix whatever is wrong and re-submit it for reviewal from the team and so on... until everything is in a good draft before actually building it.

If anything from the second paragraph I've mentioned is something you can do, then you'll do fine... if it's more you'll do very well indeed. If you're only a beginner, someone like me will probably give you a hand, as, if you're applying to be a 3D Designer, some projects for SGH will be larger than others and will be done in pairs or trios of artists. This will be not only to shorten time on their development, but also to allow for multiple ideas that work well together to be intergrated into a single design.

Point is, when I'm not too busy myself for SGH or other project's I part of, I'll lend you a hand if I think you need it. If it's nothing serious I'll give you instructions on how to do it yourself. I work mainly in 3dsmax so I suggest people applying use the same, as it will solve a lot of problems on the technical side.

Alex Rubit
November 4th, 2005, 09:23 PM
Sounds good, people are always moving in and out, anyway. I'm sure there'll be more spots open by Season 3.

I should add that we're trying to get away from that, though. Instead of constantly having people come in and out, it would be great if we'd get to a point where we have a permanent staff. A group of writers who have the same understanding of the series, the characters, etc. I'm hopeful we'll get there eventually. ;)

You speak of Season Three? Hm. I don't remember there being an official renewal so far.

SierraGulf1
November 5th, 2005, 05:47 AM
Well, sometimes that ends up being inevitable. It would be great if we could get people to stick around this time, as that is indeed what we're looking for.

Hmmm, there's not been an official renewal, then? I guess we'll just have to wait and see. :)

Alex Rubit
November 5th, 2005, 09:27 AM
Hmmm, there's not been an official renewal, then? I guess we'll just have to wait and see. :)

What's that old saying? In this business nothing is for sure. It's the virtual series business, but it's true. ;)

Last time we officially announced Season Two around March, I think. There really isn't any concrete plan for how long the series will run. In part it depends on the support of the fans of course.

Elite Anubis Guard
November 5th, 2005, 11:02 AM
Thats you lazy buggers out there.

Dr. Elisabeth Weir
November 5th, 2005, 12:33 PM
how much time does it take to write one story? How did you began with it Alex?
How many writters do you now have? Do you have one 3D artist? I wish I could be a writter for you but I don't have the time at all but it is really interesting and I wish you the best of luck finding a new writter !

Dr. Elisabeth Weir

SierraGulf1
November 5th, 2005, 01:17 PM
Since Alex didn't get to that yet, I think I'll jump at the opportunity to answer.

how much time does it take to write one story?

That depends greatly. Alex wrote 2.07 What Comes Before the Dawn in four days with minimal corrections needed afterwards. However, it took me a few weeks to write 2.09 Parti Pris because we decided to rework some things after I had four acts already written, I just finished draft one today. The finished product is worth it regardless of how long it takes.

How did you began with it Alex?

If you mean the series itself, Alex will be sure to stop by and explain it. If you mean how is each story idea started, then the answer would be with just that, an idea. Someone pitches an idea, and if it works well has enough to it to fill a script without going overboard, then we make it into an outline. If not, then it isn't necessarily scrapped, just "shelved." An episode called "Crossfire" got shelved because it didn't have enough to it, but after "Troika" we got some new ideas, and now it has become "2.11 Zero Option." After an outline is submitted and all is ready to go, the script writing begins. The number of drafts for each script varies, but I think Alex said they'd never gone over 3.

Do you have one 3D artist?

I'm not sure who does and doesn't fall under the "3D" Category, but we do have more than one artist.

How many writters do you now have?

Technically: Five. Myself, Alex, Marian, Sam, and Joe.

Actually: Two. To keep the reasoning simple, Sam, Joe, and Marian all have very good reasons for being unable to write at the moment. Sam mostly because she keeps our good ol' site up and running. :) Actually, Marian's working on a stand alone that'll show up later this season and Joe is also available to write a late-season ep. But for now it's Alex and me.

Ideally: We'd like five, in addition those that can't work on scripts right now. We'll take what we can get though. :)

wish I could be a writter for you but I don't have the time at all but it is really interesting and I wish you the best of luck finding a new writter !

Glad to see you have an interest. :D

Alex Rubit
November 5th, 2005, 01:18 PM
how much time does it take to write one story?

That really depends on the episode. Some might take longer to write than others, and it of course depends on how much time you have to work on it. My own personal record is actually four days, during which I pretty much didn't have to focus on anything else. But the average time is something around one and a half to two weeks for writing the actual script. Beyond that you spend a lot of time with revising and polishing.

Basically, the whole process is just like on a television show. It starts off with an initial idea, which we then discuss during online story meetings. Once the idea has been approved and the main plot points are clear, the writer will then write an outline. And based on the outline the script is written.

How did you began with it Alex?

Do you mean with the series in general? I've had an interest in writing since about ten years now (I think it's about ten years). I had written various other things in the past (short stories as well as other series concepts), but I had never published anything. At some point in Summer of 2002 I started thinking about ideas for a possible spin off series to SG-1. I had heard about plans for Atlantis at that time, and I was thinking about what basically could be a second spin off. It was actually just for fun, with no plans to ever publish it. I used to write up things, then discuss them with a good friend who would offer notes and suggestions. In fact, he came up with the title for the series. I've actually never mentioned that publically. But when he suggested to call it "Horizon", it was so great I had to go with it. He lives in Germany and doesn't have any internet access at the moment, but he's been a great help during the early days of developing the concept.

When I finally had my own internet access in Summer of 2004, I came across the concept of virtual series, something I had never heard of before. At that point I realized maybe I can actually publish this series. Then I started working on getting a staff together, and from that point on I guess you could say it's Horizon history. That's basically the short version of how it all began. ;)

How many writters do you now have?

There are currently four writers on staff, including myself. However, two of them have been busy with other things lately. So, right now it's really just two of us working on the upcoming episodes, but that's going pretty well.

Do you have one 3D artist?

We currently have one 3D artist and one concept designer, who does things like banners or drawings. Sam, our webmaster, also works on banners or wall papers when time permits.

We're looking for several additional 3D designers now, so that we'll be able to release images along with the episodes. The CG images that are currently being worked on are the Valiant and Horizon.

I wish I could be a writter for you but I don't have the time at all but it is really interesting and I wish you the best of luck finding a new writter !

Dr. Elisabeth Weir

Thanks, I really appreceate that. I'm sure eventually the staff will be growing again; something around five writers would be ideal for us.

I hope you're enjoying the series so far. :)

SierraGulf1
November 5th, 2005, 01:21 PM
Well, it appears we both chose to answer the same questions at the same time. Double the knowledge, I suppose. :)

Alex Rubit
November 5th, 2005, 01:26 PM
Since Alex didn't get to that yet, I think I'll jump at the opportunity to answer.

Seems we both got to it at the same time. :D

Alex Rubit
November 5th, 2005, 01:28 PM
Well, it appears we both chose to answer the same questions at the same time. Double the knowledge, I suppose. :)

Seems we like to do things simultaniously. ;)

Dr. Elisabeth Weir
November 5th, 2005, 02:18 PM
yeah I like it so far I have begun exploring Horizon but I noticed since you started with Horizon you have set a trend and now allmost everyone is making his own virtual series. How do you look at this? Is it fun that you have made an example,have set a trend or does it bother you that now everyone is making his own series and that Stargate Horizon will have less readers/ viewers. By the way do you have any idea how many people read Stargate Horizon?

Dr Elisabeth Weir

Elite Anubis Guard
November 5th, 2005, 02:32 PM
To be more correct, it's since it's recent Gateworld fueled popularity boost that the major of boost of series' has began.

Alex Rubit
November 5th, 2005, 02:51 PM
yeah I like it so far I have begun exploring Horizon but I noticed since you started with Horizon you have set a trend and now allmost everyone is making his own virtual series. How do you look at this? Is it fun that you have made an example,have set a trend or does it bother you that now everyone is making his own series and that Stargate Horizon will have less readers/ viewers.

I think it's great that a lot of people have become interested in doing a series like this; in a way it seems to be the new "type" of fan written stories, at least to a certain degree. I don't think there've been any virtual spin offs of Stargate before this one. At least not in this way (script based and conceived as a television series). There have been some for Star Trek for a few years now though. And actually that's what made me realize it could also work for Stargate.

While I do think it's great, I also think not eveyone always realizes that it does take a lot of time and a lot of work. So if anyone were to ask me for advice, I'd say just be aware that it can be quite some work. Fun work of course, but you need to find the time to do it.

I'm not concerned that additional virtual spin offs would mean less readers for us. I don't think that those who do follow the series will stop reading it for reading another one. Much rather I can see people following more than one of the series, like most fans are watching both SG-1 and Atlantis.

What we actually try to do with Horizon is make it different. The series doesn't try to copy SG-1 or Atlantis, but is actually starting to explore some territories that haven't been explored previously. To me it feels almost like an original series that just happens to take place in the Stargate universe, which means we have to watch out for things like continuity, but we also get to include references to SG-1 or Atlantis, or even guest apperances of known Stargate characters. As long as it doesn't contradict continuity of course. ;)

We also pick up on previous storylines. The Tok'ra will be playing a very large role in future developments actually, but I think now I'm starting get off topic. I can be so long winded at times. :D

By the way do you have any idea how many people read Stargate Horizon?

Dr Elisabeth Weir

We do have a way of knowing how many people read the series. We're able to see how often each of the episodes are downloaded, so in a way those are our ratings. ;)

Alex Rubit
November 5th, 2005, 02:55 PM
To be more correct, it's since it's recent Gateworld fueled popularity boost that the major of boost of series' has began.

Yeah, that's definitely made a big difference.

Lt.Col. Moore (Icarus)
November 5th, 2005, 03:49 PM
yeah I like it so far I have begun exploring Horizon but I noticed since you started with Horizon you have set a trend and now allmost everyone is making his own virtual series. How do you look at this? Is it fun that you have made an example,have set a trend or does it bother you that now everyone is making his own series and that Stargate Horizon will have less readers/ viewers. By the way do you have any idea how many people read Stargate Horizon?

Dr Elisabeth Weir

To tell you the truth, I came up with Stargate Icarus back in July of 2004, but I didn't have the internet then, now that I do, I can spread word.

Overall Alex, great show hopefully if I have time later I can apply.

SierraGulf1
November 5th, 2005, 05:29 PM
Regardless of how they were started, virtual series are lots of fun. I don't know how many of you know about Stargate: Universe, but it's a great "Stargate Virtual Spinoff" site, as well as a site where you can post virtual episodes of SG-1 and Atlantis.

Indeed, it's lots of work. :)

Dr. Elisabeth Weir
November 5th, 2005, 11:18 PM
So you know that how many fans download an episode. Are these ratings going to be published?

Elite Anubis Guard
November 6th, 2005, 12:45 AM
I'd already asked about that for a feature for SG Universe but he wouldnt disclose the info.

Dr. Elisabeth Weir
November 6th, 2005, 03:25 AM
too bad It would be interesting if you could see how popular Stargate Horizon is and also other virtual series.

SierraGulf1
November 6th, 2005, 06:18 AM
The thing is, as opposed to TV ratings, once each ep is released it stays there, meaning the number of downloads is always rising. :)

Dr. Elisabeth Weir
November 6th, 2005, 07:00 AM
yeha but you can check if you want after one week how many downloads you have gotten right?

Dr. Elisabeth Weir
November 7th, 2005, 05:02 AM
And Alex? Have you gotten some answers yet from some people who want to write or make scenes for Stargate Horizon?;)

timdalton007
November 7th, 2005, 05:16 AM
I know this is prbably something that's been asked a million times and would be on the FAQ page if it was up but I have to ask: Can fans submit episodes for possible publication?

timdalton007

Elite Anubis Guard
November 7th, 2005, 07:22 AM
I know this is prbably something that's been asked a million times and would be on the FAQ page if it was up but I have to ask: Can fans submit episodes for possible publication?

timdalton007
Yuhuh, I did.

Alex Rubit
November 7th, 2005, 10:13 AM
And Alex? Have you gotten some answers yet from some people who want to write or make scenes for Stargate Horizon?;)

There are a few so far. But I'm hoping to get some more pretty soon. So, anyone who can write, who's reliable, and who's intersted, don't hessitate to contact me. ;)

With regard to the ratings, so far none of those numbers have been made public yet. Maybe at some point in the future we could do that.

Alex Rubit
November 7th, 2005, 10:30 AM

timdalton007

Every now and then we do accept pitches from outside the staff. As EAG said, he's done that earlier this season. However, I wouldn't recommend that anyone writes a complete episode and then submits it. There's no problem with doing that, but there's also no guarantee that it will become an episode of the series.

Right now we have a lot of things planned out, and several episode concepts for later in the season are already pretty clear. But I'm pretty sure that at some point later on, we'll be accepting some ideas from outside again. If you would like to submit an idea, you can do that anyway by just emailing it to me. As I said, there's never a guarantee, but maybe it can be used at some later point in the series.

Basically I'm always interested in seeing what ideas people have. That keeps things new and fresh. ;)

timdalton007
November 7th, 2005, 11:27 AM
Thanks for the answer Alex. As I don't check my e-mail that much, would read ideas sent to you via PM's from Gateworld? I'm a fan (of course) and I've got a couple of ideas I'd like to share.

timdalton007

Alex Rubit
November 7th, 2005, 11:35 AM
Thanks for the answer Alex. As I don't check my e-mail that much, would read ideas sent to you via PM's from Gateworld? I'm a fan (of course) and I've got a couple of ideas I'd like to share.

timdalton007

Sure, you can send them by PM if you'd like to. I'll definitely be getting those.

NoDot
November 7th, 2005, 04:52 PM
I know this is prbably something that's been asked a million times and would be on the FAQ page if it was up but I have to ask: Can fans submit episodes for possible publication?http://forum.gateworld.net/showthread.php?t=19228

timdalton007
November 8th, 2005, 05:33 AM
I just sent my PM to Alex. Look forward to hearing back from him.

timdalton007

Alex Rubit
November 12th, 2005, 12:18 PM
Just quickly reminding everyone, we're still looking for several writers as well as designers.

If we ever want to see anything in the gallery section on the website, we'll need people to design something. ;)

Alex Rubit
November 25th, 2005, 08:09 PM
A little update here: we're now also looking for some concept artists, who would be able to draw some sketches, mainly of ships. So, if you have good drawing skills, and are interested, send me either a PM or an email at [email protected]

captainpash
December 11th, 2005, 05:16 PM
Hey I want to do it but I really have no experience in screenplay writing. I am willing to learn because I want to write either books or screenplays. So, what do I need if I want to write for you, and write screen plays? I sent you an Email also.

Alex Rubit
December 11th, 2005, 08:22 PM
Hey I want to do it but I really have no experience in screenplay writing. I am willing to learn because I want to write either books or screenplays. So, what do I need if I want to write for you, and write screen plays? I sent you an Email also.

I've just replied to your email.

Wineblood
December 13th, 2005, 07:37 AM
Also interested, and also sent you an email.

timdalton007
December 13th, 2005, 08:29 AM
Glad to see we've got intrested people. This is a great series and I'm glad so many writers are hoping to bring whatever they can to the show. And I'll say that includes me as I've sent in my sample and have sent in a few episode ideas of my own. The good news is that some of the episode ideas we have now might just make it into the latter half of this season! (That's just a guess but it seems to fit).

Good luck to everyone!

timdalton007

SierraGulf1
December 13th, 2005, 11:00 AM
There are some ideas for the second half as far as general direction, but nothing after 2.16 is set in stone, so who knows?

Otherwise, there's always room in season 3, assuming the thrifty network folks renew us.

NoDot
December 13th, 2005, 12:57 PM
Otherwise, there's always room in season 3, assuming the thrifty network folks renew us.I knew this was secretly being shot! We're just the test-audience; they didn't want to actually pay anyone for doing this job! ;)

Alex Rubit
December 13th, 2005, 06:37 PM
It's great to see we have so many interested people. I'll be getting back to you all very shortly.

I knew this was secretly being shot! We're just the test-audience; they didn't want to actually pay anyone for doing this job! ;)

If only you could see the sets. They look amazing. Currently we're shooting the mid season two parter, before we're all off over Christmas and New Year.

Wineblood
December 14th, 2005, 12:21 PM
I'll be getting back to you all very shortly.

AH, when when when WHEN ??
Just kidding, no need to rush, but i have been checking my mail alot more often today :p

beale947
December 14th, 2005, 12:54 PM
Well the 3D designer stuff sounds good, i already have a few ideas in my head of what the valient and Horizon look like.

Lt. Colonel Ryu Gaia
December 14th, 2005, 04:04 PM
I remember that a while back you mentioned the possible need for a script supervisor to catch all the little spelling/gramatic errors, and I think I'm capable of doing so. In general, there are very few, but I'd like to help get rid of them nonetheless.
I'm also hoping that if I am accepted for the position, it'll be just a step away from a writing position - I mentioned before that I am interested in the job.

beale947
December 15th, 2005, 09:05 AM
What 3D program is being used? and can anyone recommend a good 3D designing program.

Alex Rubit
December 15th, 2005, 01:18 PM
AH, when when when WHEN ??
Just kidding, no need to rush, but i have been checking my mail alot more often today :p

I'm working on it now. ;)

Alex Rubit
December 15th, 2005, 01:21 PM
I remember that a while back you mentioned the possible need for a script supervisor to catch all the little spelling/gramatic errors, and I think I'm capable of doing so. In general, there are very few, but I'd like to help get rid of them nonetheless.
I'm also hoping that if I am accepted for the position, it'll be just a step away from a writing position - I mentioned before that I am interested in the job.

We do have a script supervisor now, and a lot of typing mistakes are usually caught on time. The reasons for some of them being overlooked every now and then is that in some cases there was limited time before the episode was going to be released. But I really appreceate your offer.

I noticed you've sent a writing sample. I'll be taking a look at it, and then get back to you.

Alex Rubit
December 15th, 2005, 01:27 PM
What 3D program is being used? and can anyone recommend a good 3D designing program.

That's a question our 3D artist, Simon aka Tiletron (currently working on the Valiant), could answer much better than I could. He's recently started on rendering the model, but I can't say for sure which program he's using.

If you're interested in joining the team as a 3D artist (which would be great), just send me an email to [email protected] along with a sample of your work.

Lt. Colonel Ryu Gaia
December 15th, 2005, 06:22 PM
We do have a script supervisor now, and a lot of typing mistakes are usually caught on time. The reasons for some of them being overlooked every now and then is that in some cases there was limited time before the episode was going to be released. But I really appreceate your offer.

I noticed you've sent a writing sample. I'll be taking a look at it, and then get back to you.
Appreciate. :)

I've been reading Horizon a lot lately. I'll probably feel comfortable writing for the characters soon enough, if you approve of the writing samples

Reyclou
January 5th, 2006, 11:39 AM
*bangs head on computer desk*

Gah! Stupid slow mail people!

Once I get my new laptop, I might get back into scriptwriting. That's a big might at this point. Still so many projects to catch up on.

prometheus72
February 25th, 2006, 07:59 PM
Hello Alex and everyone else! I haven't posted in a while (moved and all that) but I'm back and just ran across this thread. I just finished reading the last episode "The Devil to Pay" and loved it. I'm a huge fan of this series and I'm giving serious thought to applying to be a writer. I will write a few teasers based on the show soon and scoot them your way, Alex.

Alex Rubit
February 26th, 2006, 06:24 PM
Hello Alex and everyone else! I haven't posted in a while (moved and all that) but I'm back and just ran across this thread. I just finished reading the last episode "The Devil to Pay" and loved it. I'm a huge fan of this series and I'm giving serious thought to applying to be a writer. I will write a few teasers based on the show soon and scoot them your way, Alex.

I'm glad you've been enjoying the show.

And, sure, we're currently accepting applications for Season Three. We've just got a four member writing staff right now - the goal is to get back to six or seven writers for the new season. ;)

Wineblood
February 26th, 2006, 06:36 PM
I'm glad you've been enjoying the show.

And, sure, we're currently accepting applications for Season Three. We've just got a four member writing staff right now - the goal is to get back to six or seven writers for the new season. ;)

Six or seven writers ? Damn, that means we'll barely get an episode each given the way you plough through stories.

Alex Rubit
February 26th, 2006, 06:49 PM
Six or seven writers ? Damn, that means we'll barely get an episode each given the way you plough through stories.

Actually the only reason I write every other episode - no matter how much I love writing them - is because we kept loosing writers throughout the season. Although it is a fun challenge balancing non-stop writing and rewriting with work and that personal life thing. :cameron:

But seriously, I'd like to stick with doing 24 episode seasons, as we're doing it this season. So for that to work, we'll definitely need more than four writers. I can assure you, there'll be plenty of episodes to write for everyone. ;)

Lt. Colonel Ryu Gaia
February 26th, 2006, 06:52 PM
I've gotten much better at this, and I'd actually like to reapply for the S3 staff.
Sending samples...

TechnoWraith
February 26th, 2006, 10:16 PM
As the newly resident concept artist (who's CGI-rendering skills are at the bottom of the bucket right now), having a 3D Designer would be great. Hoping we can get one soon. I'd love to see the Bellerophon and Valiant come to life and duke it out with an enemy ship or two. ;) (Yeah, we're quite a ways from that caliber of rendering, but with enough talent and resources, it's possible.) :) ;)

Elite Anubis Guard
February 26th, 2006, 10:41 PM
Bellerophon ?

Alex Rubit
February 27th, 2006, 06:15 AM
Bellerophon ?

Looks like someone dropped a new hint.

May the speculations begin. :cameron:

Elite Anubis Guard
February 27th, 2006, 07:00 AM
The new X-04?

Alex Rubit
February 27th, 2006, 07:28 AM
The new X-04?

It's definitely a new ship.

Elite Anubis Guard
February 27th, 2006, 08:11 AM
A Bc303?

TechnoWraith
February 27th, 2006, 08:12 AM
Bellerophon ?

You'll have to read the series in order to find out more. :cameron:

SierraGulf1
February 27th, 2006, 10:58 AM
You'll know the specifics of the Bellerophon within the first few pages of 2.12, so that's not all that long a wait. :jack:

prometheus72
March 9th, 2006, 01:21 PM
Hi, Alex. Just wanted to let you know that I'll be sending in a writing sample next week for your consideration. I'd be very excited to be part of the team for Season 3.

Thanks

P.S. Actually, I lied. I sent it early: Saturday, March 11TH. Lol. Sometimes I'm such an overachiever. =P

prometheus72
March 20th, 2006, 07:32 AM
Hi, Alex. Just dropping a line to see if you had a chance to read the writing sample I sent you yet. I'm sure you are very busy. I hope I'm not coming off like a pest. Lol. :cameron:

Alex Rubit
March 20th, 2006, 03:54 PM
Hi, Alex. Just dropping a line to see if you had a chance to read the writing sample I sent you yet. I'm sure you are very busy. I hope I'm not coming off like a pest. Lol. :cameron:

I'll be getting to that later tonight, finally. :cameron:

prometheus72
March 20th, 2006, 09:35 PM
I'll be getting to that later tonight, finally. :cameron:

Great. Thanks. :cameron: :cameron: