This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Strange Ship in The Ties That Bind

The Ties that Bind aired here in the UK last night and when I was watching I saw something, the Lucien (sp) alliance seemed to be made up of Alkesh, gliders, cargo ships and the like when I caught a glimpse of this out of the corner of my eye, it doesnt look like an Alkesh, it could just be a random ship of theirs but as far as I remember we dont see it later when the come after the team

At the botton!
    Last edited by Stricken; 04 November 2005, 07:56 AM.

Ya, I spotted it as well. Pretty cool looking ship. I hope we get to see it again. It really pisses me off when TPTB give us a glimpse of a really class looking ship and then we never see it again. Ever. The vessels from 'Grace' and 'Enemies' spring to mind. Also, I believe said craft appears later on in the episode. If I remember correctly, it is when the cargo ship makes a break for it after the appearance of the phantom ships. We see a sweeping shot of the entire Lucian fleet and I think i saw that ship in it.

Comment

Originally posted by jimmy
      Ya, I spotted it as well. Pretty cool looking ship. I hope we get to see it again. It really pisses me off when TPTB give us a glimpse of a really class looking ship and then we never see it again. Ever. The vessels from 'Grace' and 'Enemies' spring to mind. Also, I believe said craft appears later on in the episode. If I remember correctly, it is when the cargo ship makes a break for it after the appearance of the phantom ships. We see a sweeping shot of the entire Lucian fleet and I think i saw that ship in it.
      Maybe when they intended for us to see the ship longer but the scene was cut (like other scenes were cut during this season) because Sci Fi demanded for extra comercials, so all we've got was a mere glimpse.
      But I'm sure we will see more of it. In Grace that ship was only a plot device, and in Enemies was used for us to keep to surprise to us untill the last minute, but here the Lucian Alliance I see it more than just a plot device for this episode, more like a second rank enemies to the SGC (after the Ori).
      School is overrated.

Comment

I thought you were talking about Vala and the little old guy.
        Joseph Mallozzi -"In the meantime, I'm into season 5 of OZ (where the show takes an unfortunate hairpin turn into "the not so wonderful world of fantasy")"

^^^ Kinda sounds like seasons 9 and 10 of SG-1 to me. Thor, ya got Aspirin?

AGateFan has officially Gone Fishin (with Jack, Sam, Daniel, Teal'c) and is hoping Atlantis does not take that same hairpin turn.

Comment

Originally posted by AGateFan
          I thought you were talking about Vala and the little old guy.
          Funny! That was quite the odd pair, no?
          Actually, I didn't even notice that ship before in the ep. Will have to rewatch it and check it out.
          sigpic
          MS - "Boy, wow that's a great question!"
          "...phu...ah..."
          "Anyone know what SENTIENT means???"
          Sunday is my favorite day for two reasons - Football and The Walking Dead

Comment

I only noticed because it isnt an Alkesh!

Comment

I thought it looked close like the technoligy of the race from "Space Race" it looked that there tech.

See Jaffa are Crazy! (pic of a Tia food place in the US of A )

Comment

I doubt TPTB will ever go there agian so oh well

Comment

I remember seing a similar ship in season 7 "space race".

Comment

that ship may turn out to be something that the lucain alliance has come up with or could be another type of ship from another race that we haven't seen yet. Also depending on how long the lucian alliance has been around they could be modifiying ships to make as thier own or to improve certain aspects for certain jobs.

Comment

Maybe it is a ship for transporting troops or merchandise.
                      School is overrated.

Comment

Originally posted by The Engineer
                        Maybe it is a ship for transporting troops or merchandise.
                        thats a good point

spoilers*******************

when know that in a later espiode that they sell a drug in mass quanties. so it could be like a harvester ship.

Comment

Actually, its the (rather heavilly armed) ship the Oran of Golon Jarlath, the not so bad guy of s7 Space Race .

Comment

Originally posted by general ben
                            when know that in a later espiode that they sell a drug in mass quanties. so it could be like a harvester ship.
                            Maybe the drug that Aris Boch used, who knows maybe we will see him again working for the Lucian Alliance.
                            School is overrated.

Comment

Originally posted by metatron
                              Actually, its the (rather heavilly armed) ship the Oran of Golon Jarlath, the not so bad guy of s7 Space Race .
                              And you know this how? A picture of it from the other episode would be good

Comment

Working...
                              X