Serenity DVD Details

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Serenity DVD Details

20th December 2005 priced at $29.98 SRP. A passenger with a deadly secret. Six rebels on the run. An assassin in pursuit. When the renegade crew of Serenity agrees to hide a fugitive on their ship, they find themselves in an action-packed battle between the relentless military might of a totalitarian regime who will destroy anything - or anyone - to get the girl back and the bloodthirsty creatures who roam the uncharted areas of space. But, the greatest danger of all may be on their ship. From the mind of Joss Whedon (Buffy the Vampire Slayer, Angel) comes a new edge-of-your-seat adventure loaded with explosive battles, gripping special effects and fantastic new worlds!

Available in separate Widescreen and Full Screen editions features include:

* English and French DD5.1 Surround
    * English SDH, French and Spanish subtitles
    * Feature Commentary with Writer/Director Joss Whedon
    * Deleted Scenes
    * Outtakes
    * Future History: The Story of Earth That Was
    * What's in a Firefly
    * Re-Lighting the Firefly
    * Joss Whedon Introduction
    http://www.dvdtimes.co.uk/content.php?contentid=59075
    sigpic
    Stargate Destiny - Coming Again Soon

Spiffy!

Outtakes rock

Note: User's posts are rarely serious.
    Member of the F.O.R.D. || Martouf Marty's Webpage || (LJ)

Comment

Yes!! We get outtacks! See Joss and Co. knows what the fans like.

Deleted Scenes are cool to watch too. Those ought to be interesting.

Thanks for posting the info.

Comment

oohhhh out takes are frakkin' funny to watch.

cant wait... its gonna gorram rock
        sigpic

Comment

Hey, so it does have an audio commentary. Sweet.

Comment

i'm impressed with the cover, looks great.

i've looked at the list of deleted scenes and i'd have prefered if those extended scenes had been incorporated into the movie. firefly was a great movie and it being longer on dvd would be a nice treat

are there any plans for a special edition or extended edition? one disc just doesn't do the movie justice

sigpic

Comment

Is it just me... or does River on the DVD cover look... scary
              Jayne - Ain't logical. Cuttin' on his own face, rapin' and murdering - Hell, I'll kill a man in a fair fight... or if I think he's gonna start a fair fight, or if he bothers me, or if there's a woman, or if I'm gettin' paid - mostly only when I'm gettin' paid. But these Reavers... last ten years they show up like the bogeyman from stories. Eating people alive? Where's that get fun?
              Kaylee - Shepherd Book said they was men who just reached the edge of space, saw a vasty nothingness, and went bibbledy over it.
              Jayne - Oh, hell, i've been to the edge. Just looked like... more space.
              - Serenity

Comment

Was just about to bump to say the coverart was now released. It looks rather impressive as do the menus..nice to see we havent been skanked:

sigpic

Comment

Originally posted by SaberBlade
                  i'm impressed with the cover, looks great.

i've looked at the list of deleted scenes and i'd have prefered if those extended scenes had been incorporated into the movie. firefly was a great movie and it being longer on dvd would be a nice treat

are there any plans for a special edition or extended edition? one disc just doesn't do the movie justice

Joss has said that there won't be an extended edition, he likes it the way it is. Now, that's not to say that in 10 years he might not change his mind...

I'm looking forward to 'The story of Earth that was'.
                  It's beer o'clock. Now where the HELL is my riot !?!

Comment

I really like that cover, good looking.
                    sigpic

Comment

cool
                      Tis No Fool to lose what He can not keep, To gain what he will never Lose

Comment

Wow, December. That's pretty quick. I know what I'm getting for Christmas!
                        sig by PM

Comment

Unless you're living outside of Reigon 1. Don't know about 2 and 3, but the Reigon 4 DVD isn't released until February 8th.

Comment

Originally posted by Elite Anubis Guard
                            I really like that cover, good looking.

I like it too, very eye catching. Joss doesn't like it though, he made some funny comment about it at serenitymovie.com about how he didn't have control over the artwork either... I guess he's been battling with the execs over some stuff.
                            It's beer o'clock. Now where the HELL is my riot !?!

Comment

December, huh? Sweet. That movie rocked, and I can't wait to pick up a copy. I'm really pleased I have gotten into the whole Firefly thing. It was a show that should have gone on for a lot longer.
                              sigpic
                              MS - "Boy, wow that's a great question!"
                              "...phu...ah..."
                              "Anyone know what SENTIENT means???"
                              Sunday is my favorite day for two reasons - Football and The Walking Dead

Comment

Working...
                              X