This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Oma's army

Here's an idea. What if Oma helped people to ascend because she wanted to be able to defend the Universe against the Ori but the other ascended prefered to just hide our galaxy from them and that's why she was a type of outcast. Comments?
    Please do me a huge favour and help me be with the love of my life.

i was hoping that the people from abydos who oma ascended at the end of season 6 would help us out i think that would be really cool we liberate them from the goa'uld and then they help us with the ori.

Comment

Interesting theory especially because she never revealed her real motives.
      After all "I want to help you because you are god" thing is a bit shaky. No one helps you out of the goodness of his/her heart unless he/she has a good reason for it
      Maybe. Maybe more than that.
      Maybe she was an Ori defector so that's why she helped Anubis ascend.
      School is overrated.

Comment

Would be a good sg-1 finale with the people of abydos and the rest of the ancients goin all out on the orri

Mckay: Size doesnt matter

Sheppard:thats a myth

I like farris wheels,college football and a good cup of tea.

Comment

Originally posted by P-90_177
          Here's an idea. What if Oma helped people to ascend because she wanted to be able to defend the Universe against the Ori but the other ascended prefered to just hide our galaxy from them and that's why she was a type of outcast. Comments?
          Well remember she was an outcast because she helped people ascend in the first place (she could of done that to build an army like you said, it's possible), then she helped Anubis ascend and her punishment was to watch as her "mistake" destroyed the galaxy. So she decided to keep helping people ascend. That's why she was an outcast.
          302's lead the way!

Comment

Originally posted by general ben
            i was hoping that the people from abydos who oma ascended at the end of season 6 would help us out i think that would be really cool we liberate them from the goa'uld and then they help us with the ori.
            I like that.

Comment

Originally posted by general ben
              Sounds good to me. I just want to see the Ori on the losing side of something.
              sigpic
              MS - "Boy, wow that's a great question!"
              "...phu...ah..."
              "Anyone know what SENTIENT means???"
              Sunday is my favorite day for two reasons - Football and The Walking Dead

Comment

i just think that it would be a good way to defeat them cause i think that we would need an intervention from the ascended plane like orlin is doing now.

Comment

Guessing, if every ascended being, meaning those that aren't Ori, would attack the Ori as a united front, then they could probably be defeated, but we donot know how many Ori there are, ever think the plague was Ancient error, they attempted to wipe out the Ori, but instead it backfired, I don't trust the Ancients too much lately.

Comment

Originally posted by SGRanger06
                    Well remember she was an outcast because she helped people ascend in the first place (she could of done that to build an army like you said, it's possible), then she helped Anubis ascend and her punishment was to watch as her "mistake" destroyed the galaxy. So she decided to keep helping people ascend. That's why she was an outcast.
                    I still think my way would be cool and they really only vague about her motives. She may have been an outcast for helping people ascend but maybe she helped people ascend because she was raising this army.

Comment

That's what i think will happen. Oma has to be ascending people for a reason, and what a better reason then that.
                      Anubis was just a mistake. Oma still gets to ascend people. She just also has to sit back and watch Anubis.
                      *Post in Peace, Yah or Nah*
                      *Go to Sokar you Cylon fracker*
                      *I can't spell vary good, but I can read mis- spelled words vary good*
                      *And then the Ori said, "if your thread is dead then let their be a new one"*
                      *It's Science Fiction. Not Science with Fiction.*
                      *Sproiler Tags should only be used when you are going to be mentioning something that you can't already read on Gateworld*
                      *When I talk out my butt it smells like sarcasm*

Comment

Guess we'll just have to wait and see if tptb ever go this route. Would be kinda cool though.
                        sigpic
                        MS - "Boy, wow that's a great question!"
                        "...phu...ah..."
                        "Anyone know what SENTIENT means???"
                        Sunday is my favorite day for two reasons - Football and The Walking Dead

Comment

I still think my way would be cool and they really only vague about her motives. She may have been an outcast for helping people ascend but maybe she helped people ascend because she was raising this army.
                          She was helping people ascend because she felt sort of like how the Ori feel: Information shouldn't be withheld. She's not a control freak though, like they are.

The army idea is rediculous; Oma Desala, perhaps the original inspiration for things like Mother Nature and buddism, raising an army? That has to be the silliest thing I've read all day.
                          Jarnin's Law of StarGate:

1. As a StarGate discussion grows longer, the probability of someone mentioning the Furlings approaches one.

Comment

Originally posted by Jarnin
                            She was helping people ascend because she felt sort of like how the Ori feel: Information shouldn't be withheld. She's not a control freak though, like they are.

The army idea is rediculous; Oma Desala, perhaps the original inspiration for things like Mother Nature and buddism, raising an army? That has to be the silliest thing I've read all day.
                            Sorry but I still think it's a good idea. I mean they've got to beat the Ori somehow and the only other thing I can think of is that Skarra and the rest of the Abydos boys will come back and kick some Ori ass, but that's how I originaly thought of the army idea.

Comment

Sorry but I still think it's a good idea.
                              Of course you do, it's your idea! Opinions are subjective though, and I don't think the writers would agree with you. Of course that's just my opinion.

I mean they've got to beat the Ori somehow and the only other thing I can think of is that Skarra and the rest of the Abydos boys will come back and kick some Ori ass, but that's how I originaly thought of the army idea.
                              The Ori can't interfere in our galaxy because they'd "incur the wraith of the ancients". They can't interfere in the Pegasus galaxy either, because there are ascended ancients there as well.
                              We don't have to fight the ascended Ori, and that has never been an option. The only thing we can do is fight the Priors and the followers of Origin, and that's exactly what is going to happen.
                              Jarnin's Law of StarGate:

1. As a StarGate discussion grows longer, the probability of someone mentioning the Furlings approaches one.

Comment

Working...
                              X