PDA

View Full Version : Klingons doing...

Janus
July 12th, 2004, 11:33 AM
....what ?
We know that the Earth-Romulan was between 2156 and 2160.
But what were the Klingons doing while Earth and the Rommies were shooting at each other ?

Theories, please.

tlfoust
July 12th, 2004, 12:12 PM
well it would seem that they were trying to figure out the conintuality problem presented between how they looked in ToS and TNG, which was solved by DS9, but again created by STE

Seriously, they were probably just running their Empire. It seems they had little contact with Earth, unlike the Romulans or Vulcans. And since there was little interaction with them, we haven't heard much backstory.

AgentX
July 12th, 2004, 12:42 PM
Yeah, I think the Klingon's were just minding their own business, I don't know if they were even aware of the conflict. They don't seem to be the type that would neglect their empire. But trying to figure anything out timeline wise is a headache in this age of Star Trek continuity.

Torley
July 12th, 2004, 01:18 PM
And "minding their own business" often means messing in the affairs of others, so I can see that during this time, the Klingons were busy trying to conquer other planets for their Glorious Empire -- just not Earth :D

AgentX
July 12th, 2004, 01:21 PM
well maybe the translation of "minding their own business" to Klingon means something akin to conquer other worlds just not Earth :)

Transwarp
July 23rd, 2004, 05:04 PM
Before Enterprise, first contact with the Klingons was in 2218 (according to the Star Trek Chronology), so they were probably either wondering who this race was that was at war with the Romulans, or didn't know anything was going on.

Janus
July 24th, 2004, 03:04 AM
Before Enterprise, first contact with the Klingons was in 2218 (according to the Star Trek Chronology), so they were probably either wondering who this race was that was at war with the Romulans, or didn't know anything was going on.

Yeah, right ! :D
Sisko once said the Romulan war even reached Earth.
There is no way you could miss an interstellar war that big.
Or not know who was fight who.