Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Alterrans : Orii - Who ascended First? - possible plague explanation (S9 spoliers)

Collapse
This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Alterrans : Orii - Who ascended First? - possible plague explanation (S9 spoliers)

This is something that only just occurred to me:

The Ancients on Earth died from a great plague.

Maybe...members of the Orii ascended first and were responsible for this plague, as they were with the one in The Fourth Horseman pt 1, this may have been an attempt to wipe out the Alterrans before they could ascend, and as such not have any opposition in the higher planes.

I realise that Orlin says the race (combined Orii/Alterrans) were on an evolutionary path to ascension, but does that necessarily mean they all up and 'ascended' (for lack of a better description ) at the same time? what about if the first member of the combined Orii/Alterran race to ascend was Orii? wouldn't he/she be able to inflict the plague themselves...

Maybe then the remaining Orii sacrificed themselves to this plague in the hope of ascending, and thinking that the Alterrans (with their belief in science) would not ascend?

I'm not sure what the practical implications of this would be on the current SG universe...but hey, it's just a theory!

Good theory, but i dont think it would fit... The ori didnt know about the milky way until daniel told them, they didnt even know where th ancients went after leaving whatever the name of their original galaxy is

Heres some jello for your good thinking though
    The doctor told me Im insane, thank God! its so much better then being outsane!

Comment

Anubis when talking about Dakara in threads, Said to DJ what a waste of a million odd years of evolution. So that seemed to spell out to me that's when the plague occured.

Considering that the Ancients left their home galaxy over 50 million years ago, then we know for a fact that the Ori only found out about the MW in 'Origin'. Then it's safe to assume that the MW plague was from a different source.

The only way that they could have infected, might have been that they somehow came across each others paths over a million years ago. They re-started the war & the Ancients eventually found a to end it using a newly developed weapon & make the Ori forget about the MW. Mainly with the Dakara weapon recreating all the lost life.

A more plausible explanation though, other than war & easier to explain. Is that one or more of the Ancients used the stones & communication device to reconnect to their home galaxy. Perhaps they were curious to find out about their original Alterran home galaxy & figured that it would have been safe to try after all those many millions of years. They connected to a planet in that galaxy, maybe it was currently under attack from the Ori before they ascended. After coming under scrutiny & failure to obey 'Origin', they unleashed the plague on the planet & it's population. The Ancients inhabiting hosts at that time. Became infected & somehow transmitted it back through with them after they disconnected. They then transferred it to others & so on, until it had ravaged the galaxy.

Another variation is, that the Ancients used a ZPM to dial up an address from their home galaxy. They physcially went through. Perhaps they came into direct conact with the Ori & they were deliberately infected or they were caught in the crossfire when the Ori attacked the planet that they were on. They hurried back through the gate to the MW & by the time they figured it out, it had already spread itself out throught a wide area that they were unable to put containment on it.

Doh!

Comment

That's a big Doh, I bet the Ancients who made that mistake, couldn't show their faces for years.

Comment

Originally posted by Wraith_Hunter
          Another variation is, that the Ancients used a ZPM to dial up an address from their home galaxy. They physcially went through. Perhaps they came into direct conact with the Ori & they were deliberately infected or they were caught in the crossfire when the Ori attacked the planet that they were on. They hurried back through the gate to the MW & by the time they figured it out, it had already spread itself out throught a wide area that they were unable to put containment on it.

Doh!
          I actually like this theory better than mine LOL...

I knew I'd probably made a mistake, it was about 9am when it occurred to me "hey, Alterrans died from a plague...Orii unleash plague on we, the current evolution of humans...more than a co-incidence?".

The whole Ancient storyline is kinda hard (but fun) to keep up with...least it keeps your mind ticking over...not like those rubbish reality shows

The thing I don't get about your "communication device" theory though, is if Teal'c and Mitchell could throw the device through the gate and break the connection, and Daniel/Vala were in host bodies, doesn't that mean the plague is transmitted through their minds essentially? Because the only parts of Daniel and Vala that seem to be sent over to the destination of the device are their minds.. if so, that's a scary thought...

Comment

Who ascended first doesn't matter. According to what Orlin said, the Ori became more religious, and the Alterans went with science. The division between the two got so wide that some Alterans decided to split their home galaxy and come here to the Milky Way.
            All hell breaks out back at home, unbeknownst to the Alterans in the Milky Way. The Ori priors released a plague that is killing everybody, including the Ori followers, with only a small handful of Alterans making out of their home galaxy in ships. But they're all carriers...
            Back in the Milky Way the new Alteran civilization is thriving; they're even building a capitol city called Vis Uban, which unfortunately is where the infected Alteran ship ends up.

The rest we know: The plague broke out at Vis Uban and eventually wiped out most of the Alterans living in the Milky Way. The survivors went on to build Atlantis and repopulate the Milky Way and Pegasus.
            The Ori Priors repopulated their galaxy in order to provide the ascended Ori with "life force" to suck.

After the Lantian-Wraith War, the Lantians returned to Earth, with some remaining on the planet, but most leaving. Some of those that left went to the Altera galaxy to see what had been going on the last few 50 million years, and ended up finding the Ori. The Lantians apparently had the intergalactic comm device with them in order to stay in contact with those back here on Earth and elsewhere.
            They also apparently were the seeds of "le resistance" in the Altera galaxy, showing the humans there was a race of humans that came before they were created by the Ori, and that the Ori aren't really gods at all; just ascended humans.

It's basically the same formula used for the first 8 seasons, with new characters and factions thrown in.
            Jarnin's Law of StarGate:

1. As a StarGate discussion grows longer, the probability of someone mentioning the Furlings approaches one.

Comment

Mitchell & Teal'c used the event horizon of the gate to destroy it. There was no guarantee that simply sending it to another planet would have broken the connection.

I did also put that perhaps after all that time that they may have decided it was safe to go back & have a look around. The only reason that I put in about the communication device, was that as they were forced to flee their own galaxy by the Ori. Then I don't think they'd blindly step through into the unknown without checking things out first.

If the Ori can conjure up mystical plagues, then who knows what the effects of the sunspace link can be. Perhaps when the host bodies became infected, So did the Anciens who were inhabiting them at the time. They returned, but somehow the plague came back through with them. After all they could still die, yet weren't their in their own physical form. The same as the chair in Avatar. There has been stories in the past of people having terrible unexplained trauma to their bodies. Such as SHC, Other ones of all bones in the body smashed to pieces. The only possible cause would have been a multi store fall. Yet they were found at home in a low down home. The experts threorized that they actually believed in their mind that it was really happening to them & it physically translated into their bodies directly from the mind. A bit too wayout for me though!

Although it's far more plausible that they had actually went through the SG in person. Were caught in an attack on a planet that was currently in the process of being Priorized. Became infected, then travelled back through. They got sick quite quickly, Then it spread rapidly from person to person. By that time Ancients had been coming & going through the gate to multiple places throughout the galaxy.

After all it's SG, Anything is possible.

Comment

Maybe this will be the next question they answer for us. If not in the last half of season 9 then maybe in season 10.

Comment

Working...
                X