• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

DVD Earnings?

How much did the Firefly dvd earn?
    sigpic
    Stargate Destiny - Coming Again Soon

I have no idea but that sort of information would be really interesting to know. I assume that the DVD must have sold reasonably well in order to justify making a movie however I have never seen any actual sales figures.

It must still be selling well because everywhere I have checked to try and buy the DVD (I'm a new Firefly fan) says they are sold out and don't have a date for getting any more DVD's in stock. Which is really bad timing for Fox not to make another production run considering the renewed interest in the series given the movie just came out. They must be missing out on a lot of revenue because of it.

Comment

Here in Australia, the Firefly DVDs have been selling like hotcakes with cocaine on them ever since the movie release. Some of my mates have been upset by the seeming lack of DVDs everywhere except online stores.

Comment

I believe I read, shortly before the film was released, that the DVDs sold half a million copies. I can't verify that number now, but I do know that the DVD set was climbing back to the top of the sales charts as the movie approached, and was briefly #1 on Amazon this summer.

a time to mourn

Comment

I found an article on USA Today.com from September 21, 2005 and it say the DVD had sold 500,000 copies.
          sigpic

Comment

I did my part and bought the set earlier.
            All posts are IMO, I am not a rocket scientist.

Bender: "Lets go get drunk!"
            Pay it forward

Comment

Originally posted by skritsys
              I did my part and bought the set earlier.
              Same here. Can't wait for the movie to come out so I can nab that as well.
              sigpic
              MS - "Boy, wow that's a great question!"
              "...phu...ah..."
              "Anyone know what SENTIENT means???"
              Sunday is my favorite day for two reasons - Football and The Walking Dead

Comment

Scanning the threads I misread this as "DVD Earrings"--for a second I was thinking "what next?!" Should I take that as a sign to log off for the night?

Comment

I honestly hope that the DVD sales do well enough to merit another movie.
                  All posts are IMO, I am not a rocket scientist.

Bender: "Lets go get drunk!"
                  Pay it forward

Comment

well right now the DVDs are currently on sale in HMV so if anyone hasn't got them, get them now. i'm hoping they'll do well because i would like to see Firefly continue in a sequel

sigpic

Comment

Originally posted by skritsys
                      I honestly hope that the DVD sales do well enough to merit another movie.
                      They will. Trust me.

Comment

Damn, if I had the money, i'd go out and buy these!!! I feel so sad right now...
                        I hope these things sell really well. -goes along trusting White Knight-

Stargate Gateworld RPG. All are welcome!|Jim Andersons Bio.

Comment

Working...
                        X