No announcement yet.

Inter Team Communication Thread

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

An essay? 2000 words? In another language? I feel so, so sorry for you, Tracy. You have my absolute sympathies from someone who hates essays.

And also, I'm going to wait for the second ha'tak to blow before Jen tries to get Marcus to surrender.
    "Che idiota fa una cosa del genere! Gli americani non pensare cose del genere?!"
    " 'Idiot' and 'American' I think were cognates? I'm going to assume you're not talking about me so we can work together better."
    Ambassador Isabelle Cooper-Oxford and Lt. Col. Stephen "Steve" Hamrick ~ "Discoveries"

Discover a … New Galaxy

Look for a … New Adventure

Find a … New Mythology

Comment

I saw that... good on you. Now Kate's gone wacko, I'm not sure if she'll be up and about for the whole Jaffa bashing thing. Might be just as well.

Yeah, it's a 2000 word essay in French about whether young people's use of foreign words in modern french is a secret desire to live elsewhere or not. Then next week I have another one, but it's an analysis of translation problems in French films. I'm used to it. I've been spreaking French for 14 years now, so it's not a huge deal. I can knock an essay up in French almost like I can in English, but obviously there are quite a few mistakes.
      Yepp, it's blank down here.

Comment

Originally posted by Tracy Jane
        I saw that... good on you. Now Kate's gone wacko, I'm not sure if she'll be up and about for the whole Jaffa bashing thing. Might be just as well.

Yeah, it's a 2000 word essay in French about whether young people's use of foreign words in modern french is a secret desire to live elsewhere or not. Then next week I have another one, but it's an analysis of translation problems in French films. I'm used to it. I've been spreaking French for 14 years now, so it's not a huge deal. I can knock an essay up in French almost like I can in English, but obviously there are quite a few mistakes.
        Heh... I've been speaking French all my life Seeing as how I am French Funnily enough... I'm writing an essay in English me = ! well ok... maybe .

I think we need an OOC thread too
        May our transmatter beams cross again...

Proud Member of the Chevron Guy Club

"Out of that sea of stars came all the elements that make me what I am. "

Comment

Alors, toi, t'es francaise ou quebecoise? (j'ai pas d'accents a l'ordi), c'est pas la meme chose. Presque pas la meme langue mon prof de francais ne le comprend pas quand j'utilise des phrases comme "c'est poche, ca!"

Anyway... thanks for the sedative. It means I may yet get work done tomorrow. So.... you speak the two do you? I speak English, French, German and some Dutch.

Comment

Wow that went over my head. Two semesters with out french, and what do you get?
            Lastest Episode: Alliances, Part One

Comment

Just for you, honey....

So, you, are you French or from Quebec (I haven't got the french accent symbols on my computer) cos it's different. Almost a different language! My french teacher doesn't get it when I use phrases like "C'est poche ca"

C'est poche, ca is the Quebec version of "c'est nul" which means "oh, that's rubbish". They are totally different. The people in Quebec say chauffer for driving, and in France they say conduire. If someone in France says chauffer, that means heating something up i.e. in a microwave.

Comment

Originally posted by Tracy Jane
                Alors, toi, t'es francaise ou quebecoise? (j'ai pas d'accents a l'ordi), c'est pas la meme chose. Presque pas la meme langue mon prof de francais ne le comprend pas quand j'utilise des phrases comme "c'est poche, ca!"

Anyway... thanks for the sedative. It means I may yet get work done tomorrow. So.... you speak the two do you? I speak English, French, German and some Dutch.
                Oh Mon Dieu - this is scary. I think I know what you wrote. (It's nothing bad, trust me.) It's been close to 30 years since I did anything in French. Does this mean my Spanish and German are still there, too? *shakes up her mental file box to see what falls out*
                You're never too old to do something goofy.
                sigpic
                Growing older is mandatory. Growing up is optional.

Comment

Thanks I got teacher, and queebec, I got understand instead of get, but same idea, and of course presque being because. I have french 4 honors next semester, and I can't even remeber what I did last year. And thats sweety. I am also learning parisian french. My dad knows queebc french having grown up in queebc.
                  Lastest Episode: Alliances, Part One

Comment

Actually, comprendre is understand. I was trying to translate into the same chatty style I was using in French.

Comment

I under stood a bit of what was said , scary, and i hate french

Joe Mallozzi: "Like my grandmother used to say: Whenever a gate closes, a hyperspace window opens…"

Comment

Originally posted by beale947
                        I under stood a bit of what was said , scary, and i hate french
                        So do I now.... the essay title is disgusting.....

« La vie ici, ça craint » La tendance des jeunes français à adopter des termes et expressions venus d’ailleurs reflète justement un désir d’être ailleurs.

"Life here sucks" The tendancy of young people to adopt foreign words and expressions reflects their innate desire to live elsewhere

Loose translation. Where the hell do I start?!?!

Comment

by writing in english "Screw this S***, im going to florida"

Joe Mallozzi: "Like my grandmother used to say: Whenever a gate closes, a hyperspace window opens…"

Comment

I'm French from France but I live in Montreal, Quebec So I get your quebecer I also speak Spanish fluently.

Comment

Could this thread be made into a sticky? I think it would make people remember it more often

Comment

I am pulling this thread out of the cobwebs *brushes cobwebs away, blows the dust off it*

New Enemy- The Gu'mare
                                The gumare is a loose coalition of Jaffa and Romans who oppose the unification of thier cultures. They will do anything necessary to achieve thier goal.. The Gu'mare is a "secret" group although there existance is widely known and their cause gaining support with certain political figures. There hideout is on Chulak but they do not attempt to hide it. The people of that planet know it exists and ignore it.

Strengthened Relationship- THe Roman and the Jaffa high coucil. They tank us for saving Giaus from the Gu'mare. We might be able to call in afavor with them now because of this.

Comment

Working...
                                X