Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Must someone leave Atlantis in season 3?

Collapse
This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Must someone leave Atlantis in season 3?

I have read the news from GABIT and I must admit that I´m nervous now. It´s not that I don´t like Sam or AT and I think that some Rodney/Sam moments could be really fun to watch but if this means what many fans seems to believe it means which influence will this have on the cast of Atlantis? I mean Atlantis has already a very big cast and adding someone new to it would would make it even bigger so I start to fear that someone must leave. And that thought makes me very nervous and unhappy.

Is Sci Fi channels wonderchild Vala really so wonderfull that they must push AT out of SG 1 and send someone from the Atlantis cast into unemployment?
    Last edited by Yume; 30 October 2005, 12:26 AM.

I don't want anyone from SG1 to go to Atlantis, don't mind a crossover episode but no one full time...i like Atlantis just the way it is.

Comment

I wouldn't mind, then again, why bother, everyone is so used to the dynamic as is.

Comment

Originally posted by Yume
        I have read the news from GABIT and I must admit that I´m nervous now. It´s not that I don´t like Sam or AT and I think that some Rodney/Sam moments could be really fun to watch but if this means what many fans seems to believe it means which influence will this have on the cast of Atlantis? I mean Atlantis has already a very big cast and adding someone new to it would would make it even bigger so I start to fear that someone must leave. And that thought makes me very nervous and unhappy.

Is Sci Fi channels wonderchild Vala really so wonderfull that they must push AT out of SG 1 and send someone from the Atlantis cast into unemployment?
        I quite understand what you mean.
        Spoiler:
        Sam is only a hallucination so she doesn't join Atlantis so why does any1 has to go?
        sigpic

Comment

I really can't understand the PTB at all anymore. SGA is fine as it is, and at present is by far the better show...now I love Sam, but she's meant to be in SG1, not Atlantis. TPTB are just screwing with both shows at present, and I don't think they realise just how many people are disenfranchised by all the changes.
          sigpic
          Part 2 coming very soon!! (this is a fic btw, not the Fandemonium novel)

Comment

Originally posted by sueKay
            I really can't understand the PTB at all anymore. SGA is fine as it is, and at present is by far the better show...now I love Sam, but she's meant to be in SG1, not Atlantis. TPTB are just screwing with both shows at present, and I don't think they realise just how many people are disenfranchised by all the changes.
            What are they planning to do?!

Official Member of the Fellowship of Rainbow Defenders
            ...and the Lord said, 'Let there be F.O.R.D.' and there was, and it was good...

Comment

spoilers from GABIT

Spoiler:
              AT will have 10 eps on SG1 and possibly 10 eps on Atlantis
              sigpic
              Part 2 coming very soon!! (this is a fic btw, not the Fandemonium novel)

Comment

Originally posted by Dr Weir
                I quite understand what you mean.
                Spoiler:
                Sam is only a hallucination so she doesn't join Atlantis so why does any1 has to go?
                No it´s not about "Grace under pressure" what I´m talking. On the GABIT con AT spoke about what happend as she asked showrunner RCC about her place in SG 1 season 10 and the answers were not what the most of us would have expected.
                The big question for me it´s what this will mean for Atlantis and it´s actors.

Comment

It's got to be brief appearances because that's a whole lot of filming.

Official Member of the Fellowship of Rainbow Defenders
                  ...and the Lord said, 'Let there be F.O.R.D.' and there was, and it was good...

Comment

Originally posted by sueKay
                    spoilers from GABIT

Spoiler:
                    AT will have 10 eps on SG1 and possibly 10 eps on Atlantis
                    that could just be episodes like what AT did on "letters from pegasus"

Comment

Originally posted by SmallTimePerson
                      that could just be episodes like what AT did on "letters from pegasus"
                      She was only in that episode for about 10 seconds.
                      Originally posted by Rainbow Sun Francks
                      Live within the moment. There is only now, ENJOY.

Proud F.O.R.D. Member My LiveJournal Rainbow/Aiden Ford Thunk Thread

Comment

You guys are taking this out or proportion methinks...I cant find any news on it so it's possibly just a false rumour...wait for the official word

Comment

The word comes from AT herself from GABIT. TPTB don't know what to do with her character and are thinking of splitting her between SG1 and SGA.
                          I think this is a dreadful idea. It's insulting to AT and bad for SGA. They have a big enough cast already and quite honestly can't service the regular characters as well as they should without having more reccuring characters! (even ones as nice as Carter!)
                          Hopefully it's just an idea from TPTB that will quietly be laid to rest! I feel upset and disappointed for AT though!
                          sigpic

Comment

The last thing I want is for the writers to replace another character with Carter. It'd be a huge dissapointment to me, and I doubt I'd be able to see the logic behind it. Atlantis is going great the way it is.

However, if for the absurd reason that the TPTB can't find a place for Carter on SG1 (ffs, what a load of crap but this aint the place for that), AND if they were to write Carter's involvement with Atlantis fair for everyone, then I'd be overjoyed to be able to watch my favourite character with Sheppard and the gang

Comment

Originally posted by Linzi
                              The word comes from AT herself from GABIT. TPTB don't know what to do with her character and are thinking of splitting her between SG1 and SGA.
                              I think this is a dreadful idea. It's insulting to AT and bad for SGA. They have a big enough cast already and quite honestly can't service the regular characters as well as they should without having more reccuring characters! (even ones as nice as Carter!)
                              Hopefully it's just an idea from TPTB that will quietly be laid to rest! I feel upset and disappointed for AT though!
                              ANd how do you know...were you personally there? Did she personally say it to you?

I could easily say that AT said that theres a third spin off set entirely on Chulak starring nothing but Furlings and spread it on the internet...doesn't make it right

Comment

Working...
                              X