Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

"In The Making ..." (Season 8 & 9 spoilers)

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

"In The Making ..." (Season 8 & 9 spoilers)

Kudos to the GW staff and Joe Mallozzi for the new feature, "In The Making..." I just love all this behind-the-scenes stuff and I love hearing about what it takes to get through producing and filming an episode. Joe seems to have a great sense of humor and I can further appreciate everybody's hard work.

Thanks, Joe, for confirming some of RDA's adlibs. I could have sworn that the "<insert name>" quip at the end was also an adlib as SC/AT appeared to be cracking up. That's become a favorite moment in our household.
    Urgo: I wanna live, I wanna experience the universe and I wanna eat pie!
    O'Neill: Who doesn't?
    - Urgo, Stargate: SG-1, Episode 3.16

"Let's be real here. It should be fun. We're not saving lives, we're entertaining them."
    - RDA, Stargate SG-1: The Lowdown

some assembly required, batteries not included, action figures sold seperately
    once done, cannot be undone...
    brought to you by Anthro Girl, Grand Pooh-Bah of the SFA

I think it's brilliant idea it gives a great insight into the process of writing and filming an episode. It also explains some of the questions that some people might have after watching the episode.
    "Love is not for life, it's for one week only" Wass

“You have to stay in shape. My grandmother, she started walking five miles a day when she was 60. She's 97 today and we don't know where the hell she is.” Ellen DeGeners

“You tried your best and you failed miserably. The lesson is 'never try'.” Homer Simpson

“It took me fifteen years to discover I had no talent for writing, but I couldn't give it up, because by that time I was too famous.” Robert Benchley

“What is it with McDonald's staff who pretend they don't understand you unless you insert the 'Mc' before the item you're ordering? It has to be a McChicken burger...a chicken burger gets blank looks. Well, I'll have a McStraw and jam it into your McEyes, you f**cking Mc******!” Billy Connolly

“Before you judge a man, walk a mile in his shoes. After that, who cares? ...He's a mile away and you've got his shoes.” Billy Connolly

Comment

I love the behind the scenes stuff. Joe's an awfully good sport to take the time out of his busy schedule to give us these little tidbits. I can't wait for the next one.

It was, is, and always will be GREEN

Comment

Now that both series have concluded filming...is there any word on when the rest of the "In the Making" features will be finished?

Ace
        "Good Morning Dr. Silberman. How's the knee?" - Sarah Connor 1994

Comment

Nothing new from Joe yet, though I have asked him when he thinks he might get back to the series. I suspect he's heavily engrossed in some sort of well-deserved tropical vacation right about now.
          GateWorld Podcast - Info - iTunes - Google
          The Stargate Omnipedia - www.StargateOmnipedia.com
          Stargate Image Gallery - www.StargateGallery.com

Comment

Originally posted by Darren
            Nothing new from Joe yet, though I have asked him when he thinks he might get back to the series. I suspect he's heavily engrossed in some sort of well-deserved tropical vacation right about now.
            LOL I figured that is what Joe would be doing....I know that is what I would be doing right now if I could. Alright...thanks for the prompt reply Darren! Much appreciated

Ace

Comment

It figures I would have been the last one to post in this thread... *shakes his head*

Anyway, not to sound impatient... I'm saying this in my most innocent and sincere way possible.

When can we expect to see the new "In The Making..." feature for Avalon and I think Siege? Actually I'm not sure... are we getting an "In The Making..." for SGA or just SG-1?

Not sure... but when can we expect to read it? I'm very curious to read it especially for this season.

Ace

Comment

Expect the first "In The Making" featurette to launch some time today

It'll be only for SG-1, alas.

Comment

Originally posted by David
                  Expect the first "In The Making" featurette to launch some time today

It'll be only for SG-1, alas.
                  Nice... Thanks David!

Ace

Comment

David is wacky, wacky, wacky. Making promises ... sheesh!

Joe has faithfully written the entry for "Avalon, Part 1," but I had the great fortune of moving this past weekend. It (and a BUNCH of other items) will be published as soon as BellSouth finds it in their hearts to turn on my DSL. (A technician will be poking around Wednesday morning to try and find out what's wrong.)

Darren

Comment

Originally posted by GateWorld
                      David is wacky, wacky, wacky. Making promises ... sheesh!

Joe has faithfully written the entry for "Avalon, Part 1," but I had the great fortune of moving this past weekend. It (and a BUNCH of other items) will be published as soon as BellSouth finds it in their hearts to turn on my DSL. (A technician will be poking around Wednesday morning to try and find out what's wrong.)

Darren
                      Ack.... moving, I hate that! Done it too many times!! Sounds good Darren thanks for letting us know!

Ace

Comment

Eh, whats all this then??

Comment

GateWorld have now published "In The Making" for Avalon Part I.

Comment

Really?! BB was originaly thought to act Everett. I think BB would of done a better job then the guy who did play him but I wouldn't want TPTB to kill or maim BB's character so they could only use him for two episodes. That would of been a waste.

5th Season of Supernatural Premiering September 10th!
                            Spoiler:

Comment

Yeah I don't think that I could believe that BB playing Everett would have been long time friends with Colonel Sumner. Much happier with the choices they made. I thought the person playing Everett did a fantastic job... I really liked Everett too bad we probably won't see him again

Also what was Joe talking about at the last part? Something like Grimendorf and Ravenclaw?!? What was he talking about?

Ace

Comment

Working...
                              X