PDA

View Full Version : "In The Making ..." (Season 8 & 9 spoilers)

Anthro Girl
July 12th, 2004, 09:46 AM
Kudos to the GW staff and Joe Mallozzi for the new feature, "In The Making..." I just love all this behind-the-scenes stuff and I love hearing about what it takes to get through producing and filming an episode. :) Joe seems to have a great sense of humor and I can further appreciate everybody's hard work.

Thanks, Joe, for confirming some of RDA's adlibs. ;) I could have sworn that the "<insert name>" quip at the end was also an adlib as SC/AT appeared to be cracking up. That's become a favorite moment in our household. :D

Wass
July 12th, 2004, 09:54 AM
I think it's brilliant idea it gives a great insight into the process of writing and filming an episode. It also explains some of the questions that some people might have after watching the episode.

Shipperahoy
July 12th, 2004, 10:48 AM
I love the behind the scenes stuff. Joe's an awfully good sport to take the time out of his busy schedule to give us these little tidbits. I can't wait for the next one.

Ace
November 29th, 2004, 11:40 AM
Now that both series have concluded filming...is there any word on when the rest of the "In the Making" features will be finished? :)

Ace

Darren
November 29th, 2004, 11:45 AM
Nothing new from Joe yet, though I have asked him when he thinks he might get back to the series. I suspect he's heavily engrossed in some sort of well-deserved tropical vacation right about now. ;)

Ace
November 29th, 2004, 11:48 AM
Nothing new from Joe yet, though I have asked him when he thinks he might get back to the series. I suspect he's heavily engrossed in some sort of well-deserved tropical vacation right about now. ;)

LOL :D I figured that is what Joe would be doing....I know that is what I would be doing right now if I could. Alright...thanks for the prompt reply Darren! Much appreciated

Ace

Ace
July 18th, 2005, 06:55 PM
It figures I would have been the last one to post in this thread... *shakes his head* :rolleyes:

Anyway, not to sound impatient... I'm saying this in my most innocent and sincere way possible.

When can we expect to see the new "In The Making..." feature for Avalon and I think Siege? Actually I'm not sure... are we getting an "In The Making..." for SGA or just SG-1?

Not sure... but when can we expect to read it? I'm very curious to read it especially for this season.

Ace

David
July 18th, 2005, 10:34 PM
Expect the first "In The Making" featurette to launch some time today :)

It'll be only for SG-1, alas.

Ace
July 19th, 2005, 06:32 AM
Expect the first "In The Making" featurette to launch some time today :)

It'll be only for SG-1, alas.

Nice... Thanks David!

Ace

GateWorld
July 19th, 2005, 11:45 AM
David is wacky, wacky, wacky. Making promises ... sheesh!

Joe has faithfully written the entry for "Avalon, Part 1," but I had the great fortune of moving this past weekend. It (and a BUNCH of other items) will be published as soon as BellSouth finds it in their hearts to turn on my DSL. (A technician will be poking around Wednesday morning to try and find out what's wrong.)

Darren

Ace
July 19th, 2005, 01:02 PM
David is wacky, wacky, wacky. Making promises ... sheesh!

Joe has faithfully written the entry for "Avalon, Part 1," but I had the great fortune of moving this past weekend. It (and a BUNCH of other items) will be published as soon as BellSouth finds it in their hearts to turn on my DSL. (A technician will be poking around Wednesday morning to try and find out what's wrong.)

Darren

Ack.... moving, I hate that! Done it too many times!! Sounds good Darren thanks for letting us know!

Ace

Unamed
July 19th, 2005, 02:23 PM
Eh, whats all this then??

TheWarrior
July 20th, 2005, 11:22 AM
GateWorld have now published "In The Making" (http://www.gateworld.net/sg1/s9/making/901.shtml) for Avalon Part I.

GatetheWay
July 20th, 2005, 12:07 PM
Really?! BB was originaly thought to act Everett. I think BB would of done a better job then the guy who did play him but I wouldn't want TPTB to kill or maim BB's character so they could only use him for two episodes. That would of been a waste.

Ace
July 20th, 2005, 12:23 PM
Yeah I don't think that I could believe that BB playing Everett would have been long time friends with Colonel Sumner. Much happier with the choices they made. I thought the person playing Everett did a fantastic job... I really liked Everett too bad we probably won't see him again

Also what was Joe talking about at the last part? Something like Grimendorf and Ravenclaw?!? What was he talking about?

Ace

GatetheWay
July 20th, 2005, 12:25 PM
Yeah I don't think that I could believe that BB playing Everett would have been long time friends with Colonel Sumner. Much happier with the choices they made. I thought the person playing Everett did a fantastic job... I really liked Everett too bad we probably won't see him again

Also what was Joe talking about at the last part? Something like Grimendorf and Ravenclaw?!? What was he talking about?

Ace
He thought their Merlin guy looked too Harry Potterish. :D

Erik Pasternak
July 20th, 2005, 12:26 PM
Also what was Joe talking about at the last part? Something like Grimendorf and Ravenclaw?!? What was he talking about?You MUST read Harry Potter.

Ace
July 20th, 2005, 01:28 PM
He thought their Merlin guy looked too Harry Potterish. :D

Ohhh... don't know anything about it! Other than it was a book and now it's a movie. Aren't they for 7 yrs olds though? Kiddie-pop up books? Does Joe have kids?

Ace

Matt G
July 20th, 2005, 01:49 PM
Well when my niece was 7, my sister wouldn't let her read the fourth book in the series. Pop-up books they certainly ain't! Check 'em!

Ace
July 20th, 2005, 04:36 PM
Well when my niece was 7, my sister wouldn't let her read the fourth book in the series. Pop-up books they certainly ain't! Check 'em!

There's four of them?!? Wow... I thought there was only one!

They're definitely a little too intense for seven-year-olds.

Really? Hmmm... learn something new everyday!

I'm kinda surprised... I had no idea there was that many books! I've only ever heard of that one book and that they made a rendition of it into a movie. Wow... I'm kinda surpised actually had no idea!

Ace

Ace
July 20th, 2005, 08:08 PM
Where have you been living for the past five years Ace?! Harry Potter is now the biggest thing in print. And there are currently six books out with the sixth having just been released last weekend. The seventh and final book wont be released for a while. They are kid's books but a lot of adults read them as well.

But this is all off topic... sort of. I found Avalon's in the making interesting and look forward to more.

Seven books?!? Really? I don't get to read all that often, well I do but those are textbooks so they don't count. But when I do it's not usually fiction...

Most of my books are history or war biographies... I'm a military history nut! Wizards and magic aren't my thing! You know, now that I think about it I can remember a couple of my friends talking about Harry Potter coming out..

At the time though I thought they were talking about that one book and that there was going to be a sequel. Never would have thought there was seven books!!

Anyway... I really have been enjoying these "In the Making"! I hope Joe can keep it up for the entire year! That would be great...

Ace

P.S. Anybody wants to read a good WWII autobiography... I highly recommend "To Hell and Back" by Audie Murphy. He enlisted as a private when he was 17 and came out of the war as America's most highly decorated solider including having received a battlefield promotion to Lieutenant. Killed, captured or wounded 240 German soliders; he won ever single medal America had for valor including the Congressional Medal of Honor all the while he was still under twenty-one years old by VE-Day. Simply amazing!!

Erik Pasternak
July 21st, 2005, 12:20 AM
Ohhh... don't know anything about it! Other than it was a book and now it's a movie. Aren't they for 7 yrs olds though? Kiddie-pop up books? Does Joe have kids?

Ace
They're definitely a little too intense for seven-year-olds.

GatetheWay
July 21st, 2005, 02:18 AM
Where have you been living for the past five years Ace?! Harry Potter is now the biggest thing in print. And there are currently six books out with the sixth having just been released last weekend. The seventh and final book wont be released for a while. They are kid's books but a lot of adults read them as well.

But this is all off topic... sort of. I found Avalon's in the making interesting and look forward to more.

LoveYouBaby
July 22nd, 2005, 12:32 PM
We knew Ben was a talented actor, and we'd been pleasantly surprised by his work ethic, but he totally won us on the first day of dailies. Specifically, it was his frenzied "Bullets bounce!" delivery that practically had us on the floor. We knew then he was gold.
Loved Merlin -- but that hat! It was ... certainly ornate. When he first appeared on dailies wearing that hat, I couldn't help but announce: "Mitchell ... Gryffindor! Vala ... Ravenclaw."

ROFL!

The Making of... "Avalon" (Part 1) -

Very cool account The "Bullets Bounce" left me in stitches and the last bullet point (pardon the pun), LOL. I always thought Vala was more of a Slytherin to be honest. :)