This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

amunition (maybe spoilers)

hey, one question if the atlantis team is in another galaxy and use standard military weponds how do they don't run out of amunition
    X-303

P.D.I apologise for my spelling

Haven't thought about that. I guess they'll bring ALOT.

And all soldiers know how to make ammo themselves.

They should bring Staffs and Zats.

Comment

Originally posted by aAnubiSs
      And all soldiers know how to make ammo themselves.
      We do???

Comment

Originally posted by sarge
        We do???
        Ok then, not all, but many do

Comment

And if you use the 'one-shot, one kill' policy, your ammo should last a while.
          sigpic

SGU Continued....

Comment

But then you should get a medal. Killing a wraith in one shot is pretty good

Comment

The thought already crossed my mind, and they will probably do the same as SG1 usually does: Salvage enemy weapons. There is no way in hell that they can bring enough ammo to last them FOREVER, and i'm betting that they will have a very limited supply. They will probably find/jack/steal/confisgate some Wraith weapons and use them.

Comment

Well if all else fails they can go with a different method...like chucking rocks at the Wraiths...or a blunt club like object.

Comment

We'll find out on Friday.
                  Secretary-General of GATO ¤ Defender of F.O.R.D.

Comment

SPOILERS NEW ORDER

Well the asgard have "replicators", no not the bugs, those things they have in star trek to make things. This is how O'neill's weapon was synthesized. Perhaps the Ancients also had this kind of technology and the team can learn to synthesize their own.
                    My non-stargate related site: The Rabbit Archive

Comment

1st of all, this is a civilian team. Atleast 90% of them WILL not know how to make ammo because they are civilians. I doubt even people like O'Neill know how to make Ammo.

Comment

O'Neill will certainly know how to make ammo. He has been in the military for years and knows quite a lot of skills, I think if anyone would know it would be O'Neill.
                        __

__

Comment

i don't know if you can make ammo from complete scratch. Obviously, soldier can salvage shell casings and melt down lead to form some bullets, cook up some sugar and saltpeter (or dung if no slatpeter can be found) to make gunpowder, then reload clips. However, I doubt they can make their own shell casing and their own clips from scratch. Maybe the shell casings but probably not the clips and those are bound to wear down after awhile. I'm sure TPTB will work it out somehow. (I just hope this doesn't turn into Startrek: Voyager too much).

Comment

Maybe they will find energy weapons which would need no ammo? Problem solved eh??

If not they can resort to hand to hand combat or something.

Isn't Teyla part of some tribe??? Maybe they got some weapons.
                            Lt. Ford to Dr Zelenka: "Is this some sort of payback for me beating up guys like you in high school?"
                            - Stargate Atlantis: Season One - Hot Zone

Dr. Beckett: "...Mom...I miss you terribly...*breaks down*...I can't do this!"
                            - Stargate Atlantis: Season One - Letters from Pegasus

Sen. Kinsey: "Do you trust this man?"
                            Col. Jack O'Neill: "...No..."
                            Mayboune: *shrugs*
                            - Stargate SG-1 - Chain Reaction

Stargate SG-1, Stargate Atlantis I love science fiction

Comment

Watch out ! Spoilers !

S
                              P
                              O
                              I
                              L
                              E
                              R
                              S

Since the Atlantis team is going get back in touch with Earth in 'Home'.
                              They can probably use the occassion to bring more ammo.
                              sigpic

SGU Continued....

Comment

Working...
                              X