PDA

View Full Version : INTEVIEW: David DeLuise (Pete)

prion
July 12th, 2004, 08:14 AM
Read the interview at

http://www.gateworld.net/news/actorwatch.html#newsitem1089605352,51642

Good stuff!

Only thing I was disappointed in as, honestly, I wish they'd asked him about the 'stalker pete' stuff, as it's always brought up at conventions, and I was wondering what his perception of it was, as AT is always having to explain her position on the character.

Shipperahoy
July 12th, 2004, 10:52 AM
Our David (as in Gateworld's David) has said that DDL has said that he hasn't received any fan mail, whether it be good or bad. I have a feeling that he's maybe distanced himself from all of the "stalker Pete" bruhaha and I don't blame him. It was a good interview and DDL seems like such a nice and funny guy. I'm not a big Pete fan so it produced sort of a mixed reaction from me. I'm glad for DDL though.

ShadowMaat
July 12th, 2004, 11:16 AM
I'm gonna write a letter and give it to Amanda to see if she can pass it along to DDL next time she sees him. I'm gonna mention in the letter that I know I'm not the only one who has tried to send him positive fan mail. I'm gonna say many other things as well, but I'm gonna make sure he knows that SOME of us support him and his character.

I'm still jealous of Davey. :P

aAnubiSs
July 12th, 2004, 11:21 AM
Say hello from me shadow :)

David
July 12th, 2004, 12:02 PM
Shadow I'll be writing him after I get back from Gatecon. Better luck for you to pass it on to me. I have an undisclosed address to his front doorstep- wouldn't be good for GW if I disclose it to you but if you give it to me I'd be more than happy to put it with the other stuff I'm sending to him.

ShadowMaat
July 12th, 2004, 12:08 PM
Shadow I'll be writing him after I get back from Gatecon. Better luck for you to pass it on to me. I have an undisclosed address to his front doorstep- wouldn't be good for GW if I disclose it to you but if you give it to me I'd be more than happy to put it with the other stuff I'm sending to him.
Awww, and that's why you're my favoritest Mod, Davey. ;) Thanks muchly. Will do.

Shipperahoy
July 12th, 2004, 01:34 PM
Awww, and that's why you're my favoritest Mod, Davey. ;) Thanks muchly. Will do.

What am I? Chopped liver? Well that's just fine. Just because I don't have access to celebrities and their addresses. Hmmph! :p

Can I send you a letter to pass on to DDL as well David? A nice one. I promise.

ShadowMaat
July 12th, 2004, 01:38 PM
What am I? Chopped liver? Well that's just fine. Just because I don't have access to celebrities and their addresses. Hmmph! :p
And you are...? ;)

You're my favoritest when Dave isn't around for me to torment. How's that? :D

Nolamom
July 12th, 2004, 07:41 PM
Shadow seems to have some of the mods wrapped around her tiny fingers, shocking! :eek: I must consider what Fluffy can do to get such consideration...Chocolates anyone?
http://hometown.aol.com/nolamom/images/fluffy%20chocolates.gif

prion
July 13th, 2004, 06:23 AM
Our David (as in Gateworld's David) has said that DDL has said that he hasn't received any fan mail, whether it be good or bad. I have a feeling that he's maybe distanced himself from all of the "stalker Pete" bruhaha and I don't blame him. It was a good interview and DDL seems like such a nice and funny guy. I'm not a big Pete fan so it produced sort of a mixed reaction from me. I'm glad for DDL though.

Apparently, according to a con report out of Burbank CA, he has received some mail (nasty stuff too). AT talked about it briefly during her chat. I honestly don't know how fans can send hate mail to actors. Reminds me of some soap fans who can't distinguish reality from fantasy...

Anthro Girl
July 13th, 2004, 06:34 AM
Apparently, according to a con report out of Burbank CA, he has received some mail (nasty stuff too). AT talked about it briefly during her chat. I honestly don't know how fans can send hate mail to actors. Reminds me of some soap fans who can't distinguish reality from fantasy...
That's really sad...and shameful. :mad: I can't imagine the kind of person who would do such a horrible thing as send mean comments to an actor for portraying a fictional character. Actually, sadly, I can imagine...

Madeleine
July 13th, 2004, 07:25 AM
Shadow seems to have some of the mods wrapped around her tiny fingers, shocking! :eek: I must consider what Fluffy can do to get such consideration...Chocolates anyone?
http://hometown.aol.com/nolamom/images/fluffy%20chocolates.gif

After a dog's sat on them?
:eek:

prion
July 13th, 2004, 08:31 AM
That's really sad...and shameful. :mad: I can't imagine the kind of person who would do such a horrible thing as send mean comments to an actor for portraying a fictional character. Actually, sadly, I can imagine...

actually, fans sent rant mail to actors for taking on a role. it happened in DUE SOUTH. The guy just took a job, but some fans sent in hate mail, like how dare you take this actor's place, etc. etc. But then fan is just an abbreviation of fanatic....

ShadowMaat
July 13th, 2004, 09:01 AM
actually, fans sent rant mail to actors for taking on a role. it happened in DUE SOUTH. The guy just took a job, but some fans sent in hate mail, like how dare you take this actor's place, etc. etc. But then fan is just an abbreviation of fanatic....
Hey... I LIKED New Ray! Sure, he was different, but he wasn't bad... and he was a heck of a lot easier on the eyes. :D

Besides, I've dubbed Torri Higginson New Ray. ;) Gotta love a show that gives you great nicknames to re-use. ;)