• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Da Vinci Suit To Proceed

From SciFi Wire:

http://www.scifi.com/scifiwire2005/i...ory=0&id=33055

Da Vinci Suit To Proceed

Two historians are suing the publishers of Dan Brown's best-selling religious thriller The Da Vinci Code in a case that lawyers said was due to start early next year, the Reuters news service reported.
    sigpic

Lol, this kind of things always come up when a book gets popular. I hope nothing comes of it.

Comment

I've always heard that The Da Vinci Code was bunk, hmm
      srg

Save Stargate SG-1!

Comment

Heh, theres was a non fiction book, and he includes alot of fact in his novels. To get fact he has to research, surely theres tons of books and websites from where he cross referenced and researched information. He has said the idea of magdalene being (insert spoiler here) has been around for centuries, its not like he's going 'oh yeh i created this theory myself.'

Comment

Originally posted by Simonthefurling
          Heh, theres was a non fiction book, and he includes alot of fact in his novels. To get fact he has to research, surely theres tons of books and websites from where he cross referenced and researched information. He has said the idea of magdalene being (insert spoiler here) has been around for centuries, its not like he's going 'oh yeh i created this theory myself.'

I remember seeing the whole Holy Blood/Holy Grail thing on Discovery some years back (6-8 years at least)! But it didn't have anything to do with Da Vinci (or very little and i don't remember).
          Never read the book, mainly because i already knew the whole Magdalene thing!
          Understanding is a three-edged sword.

Comment

Yeah bit it is fiction, a very good thriller. The big twist of the fact part if the magdalene thing but the gripping novel has lots of twists and turns, well worth a read.

Comment

Originally posted by srg
              I've always heard that The Da Vinci Code was bunk, hmm
              It is...
              I've read fanfics that are much better written. But that's the least of it. It's badly researched and constructed. Shows a lack of understanding about church/biblical history.
              sigpic
              "When you have eliminated the impossible, whatever remains, however improbable, must be the truth"

Comment

Working...
              X