Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

SG1 - Creation: Claudia Black To Headline Stargate Convention Tour In 2006!

Collapse
This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

SG1 - Creation: Claudia Black To Headline Stargate Convention Tour In 2006!

From a Creation Entertainment e-mail:

Claudia Black To Headline Stargate Convention Tour In 2006!

One of the genre's most popular actresses, Claudia was truly amazing as Aeryn Sun on FARSCAPE. Now, as Vala on STARGATE SG-1, Claudia continues raising the bar! With very few convention appearances to date we are thrilled to welcome this superstar to our Official Stargate Convention tour! Claudia will be speaking, signing autographs (on a complimentary basis for our Gold Weekend Patrons), and taking part in photo ops.

In the past when we've welcomed Claudia to our Official FARSCAPE Conventions she has given wonderful performances for our audiences, making the gatherings something truly special. We're so glad to have her on television again and we know you'll love meeting her at the following OFFICIAL STARGATE CONVENTIONS in 2006:

CHICAGO: AUGUST 25-27, 2006

http://www.creationent.com/cal/sgchi.htm

SECAUCUS, NEW JERSEY NOVEMBER 3-5, 2006

http://www.creationent.com/cal/sgny.htm

BURBANK, CALIFORNIA NOVEMBER 17-19, 2006

http://www.creationent.com/cal/sgbur.htm

Gold Weekend Packages (our top of the line best way to attend all weekend!) are on sale now for all three events. Please grab these packages as soon as possible as that way you'll get the best seatings we have and also get complimentary autographs from our guest stars, including Claudia.

|*|(*)|*|(*)|*|

Morjana

SG1/SGA/SGU - Saving Earth/Atlantis/?, one mission at a time!
    SG1-Spoilergate Richard Dean Anderson Fans Abydos Gate Morjana
    Morjana's Blog Twitter

I have to be completely honest: I'm not too thrilled about this news.

Sure, I like Vala! I think she's a pain in the butt, but I love the banter between her and Daniel. I'm just not so sure that I am interested in getting her autoghraph and all.

What really has me worried is who they might have to bump off in order to give her stage time. I was at the last Chicago creation convention, (and in 2004 too), and we made a ton of requests for actors that we want to see. If Claudia is coming, and then Chris Judge, Michael Shanks, Don Davis, Teryl Rothery, and Tony Amendola all make it back like last year (and the year before for Chris, Michael, and Don,) how are they going to fit in Amanda Tapping if she comes, (Pleeeeeeaaassseeee! Please come Amanda!!!), and any of the others that we requested into the schedual and still not loose time for the other cool stuff we got to do?! I mean, we had several auctions, a trivia game, we acted out a scene, watched music videos and other features, and had a movie plot discussion!

I'm scared that we'll miss out on some of this stuff because of Claudia! you can only do so much in 2 1/2 days!!!

Just call me

~Play It Grand

Comment

To be fair, they may not have "bumped" anyone.

I've seen Black twice, at Farscape conventions. She actually sang for her fans at one (an oft made request and something she likely won't do again). You do get your money's worth, that's for certain--she's funny and gracious. Hopefully she'll get the same warm reception from 'gaters that she gets from 'scapers.

Creation's Farscape convention this year has 10 attendees I think; they manage to get quite a few people on stage. If they can do that with Farscape, I'm sure they can accomodate the 'gaters. Don't panic yet.

Comment

Looks like she may not be doing the NJ con now. They just put up a notice on their site.

Comment

I wonder if she'll end up doing the Vancouver con as well. I hope so since that's probably the only chance I'll ever have of seeing her.

prion - I wonder if maybe she has another filming role?

Comment

Having only watched Farscape a few times I wasn't familiar with Claudia Black. We did get introduced to her when they aired the "Behind the Scenes of the SG-1". After Ms. Black let Michael Shanks stick his nose under her armpit, I do have to admit one thing: she is a good sport. I agree with the poster that said she gave the fans their monies worth at Farscape conventions by singing. As for myself I would prefer to see a veteran of the SG-1 at the convention rather than a new kid on the block. Even if they don't sing and crack funny jokes.

Comment

I'm sure there will be veterans as well at the cons she's going to, Abodie. I think Joe Flanigan's already scheduled to be at a couple she's at.

Comment

Originally posted by Naeara
                I'm sure there will be veterans as well at the cons she's going to, Abodie. I think Joe Flanigan's already scheduled to be at a couple she's at.
                I am speaking about veterans of the SG-1. (AT, MS, CJ,...)I have watched SGA a few times and enjoyed it, but the main reason I tuned in to the Sci-fi channel was to watch SG-1. I've never been to a convention. I just asumed that the SGA cast and the SG-1 held separate ones.

Comment

Not usually I don't think. At least the cons I've read about have had people from both shows.

Comment

It's funny that Atlantis and conventions should be brought up here. I just wrote to Adam this morning, who has been the "master of ceremonies" at the 2004 and 2005 Chicago conventions, both of which I attended. I even referred him to this forum. He answered in caps within the text of my e-mail, so I'll copy it here in full:

Hello Adam!

As a patron of both of the last two Chicago SG-1
                    conventions and an intended patron at 2006's convention, I
                    would like to make a few suggestions.

I think it would be really neat, being a teen myself, to hear
                    from some of the younger guest stars such as Katie Stuart
                    (who played Cassandra in 'Singularity' and 'In The Line of
                    Duty'), Colleen Rennison (Ally in 'Bane' and Cassandra in
                    'Right of Passage'), and Michael Welch (Young Jack in
                    'Fragile Balance'). As young actors who made
                    appearances on such a successful show, it would be really
                    interesting to hear their stories.
                    I'VE NOTED THESE SUGGESTIONS, THANK YOU FOR
                    THEM, MAYBE WE CAN GET AT LEAST KATIE WHOM
                    WE'VE WORKED WITH BEFORE.

I just had a look at the planned guest stars for next year.
                    To see the reaction from the announcement that Claudia
                    Black will be coming, I suggest you visit this site:

http://forum.gateworld.net/showthread.php?p=4629150

My opinion is given under the name Horsie.
                    CLAUDIA HAS THOUSANDS OF FANS FROM BOTH
                    SHOWS AND IS A GREAT GUEST FOIR US TO BOOK. I'M
                    SORRY IF YOU DON'T CARE FOR HER, BUT WE DO
                    WANT TO GIVE A MAJORITIY OF OUR AUDIENCE THE
                    GUESTS THEY ARE ASKING FOR. THIS DOESW NOT IN
                    ANY WAY PUSH ASIDE OTHER TALENT FROM EITHER
                    SHOW, BUT PLEASE NOTE WE ARE DETERMJINED TO
                    BRING AS MANY NEW FACES TO OUR 2006 TOUR AS
                    POSSIBLE. I FELT WE WERE VERY REPETITIVE WITH
                    TALENT AT OUR 2005 TOUR AFTER THE PEOPLE WE
                    HAD IN 2004, AND FOR 2006 IT'S IMPORTANT TO GET AS
                    MANY FRESH FACES AS POSSIBLE FROM BOTH SG 1
                    AND ATLANTIS.

I understand that both series are inseperable, and so it
                    would make sence to have the Atlantis actors come, but I
                    would like you to consider something if you will. There are
                    those of us, few as we are, who love SG-1, and though we
                    may follow Atlantis, we are not hooked on in the same way.
                    Hence, those of us in this situation my be unwilling to pay
                    to see the Atlantis actors on top of all we are paying to see
                    SG-1. I would ask you to consider allowing those who want
                    to see any Atlantis actors who finnally do come the option
                    to get the tickets seperatly from the package deals so that
                    SG-1 fans can get a package that does not include Atlantis
                    actor's show times and autographs.
                    I'M SORRY BUT WE'RE NOT INTERESTED IN BREAKING
                    UP TALENT BY SHOWS WITH REGARDS TO THE WAY WE
                    SELL OUR TICKETS. AS A HUGE FAN OF SG 1 MYSELF, I
                    WANT TO SEE PEOPLE LIKE AMANDA AND MICHAEL AS
                    WELL AS LOU, BEAU AND OTHERS, BUT I AM ALSO VERY
                    EXCITED ABOUT HAVING PEOPLE LIKE JOE AND
                    RACHEL AND OTHERS FROM ATLANTIS.

Finally, a warning to those who mail the tickets. My tickets
                    for the last two years have not arrived until the day of the
                    convention event for which I needed them! If I had not still
                    been at home when the mail came, I would have been
                    without them! I really think they need to send then out
                    sooner! I would appreciate it greatly if you could pass this
                    message along!
                    WE ARE TRYING TO GET OUR TICKETS MAILED OUT
                    EARLIER THIS YEAR, HOPEFULLY IT WILL HELP THIS
                    ISSUE!

I thank you for all the hard work you have put into the last
                    two Chicago conventions, and I wish you luck in planning
                    for next year, an event I am very much looking forward to
                    already!
                    THANK YOU , AND AGAIN, YOUR FEEDBACK MEANS A
                    LOT TO ME AND I'VE TAKEN IT ALL TO HEART.
                    TAKE CARE-
                    ADAM

Just call me,

Play It Grand

If you would like to write Adam regarding any of this, I suggest you do so! He can be reached at [email protected].

~Play It Grand

Comment

Originally posted by Abodie
                      I am speaking about veterans of the SG-1. (AT, MS, CJ,...)I have watched SGA a few times and enjoyed it, but the main reason I tuned in to the Sci-fi channel was to watch SG-1. I've never been to a convention. I just asumed that the SGA cast and the SG-1 held separate ones.
                      I' happy with SGA and SG1 actors at a single con as I like both shows, although would love to see an all-Atlantis con.

Comment

Thanks for posting that email, Horsie. I like that they're changing up the line up a bit. It's nice to have some variety, IMO.

Comment

I do look forward to seeing Claudia next year at the Burbank Con. I do hope that Creation can get Amanda Tapping back for a con this next year. I have enjoyed the cons that have both SG-1 and SGA folks at them. Personally I would like to see more writers and/or producers at the cons.
                          My View From The Peanut Gallery

Comment

Originally posted by tsaxlady
                            Personally I would like to see more writers and/or producers at the cons.
                            I would too. That was one thing I really loved about the Vancouver con in April. They've got just as interesting tidbits as the actors (sometimes even more interesting). I hope we get more of them next year.

Comment

I'm just going to add to the -"Claudia is a great addition" group here. I've seen her in the UK and trhe US and she gives 110% at cons, is very smart and funny and very down to earth in person. I think she'll make a fab addition to any great line up of SGA and SG1 stars. Teh cons will be Kinda like a really delicious pudding with lots of very different but yummy ingredients.

Comment

Working...
                              X