This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

The Ori and the Aschen.

OK, I guess we were supposed to assume that the Aschen dialed the black hole at the end of "2001" but it could still take many years before their planet gets destroyed by the gravity from the black hole. Wouldn't it be interesting if the Ori saved the Aschen and they forged an alliance? The Ori would have a secure base of operation in the Milky Way and the Aschen gets to live and to exact revenge on earth.

Hey, I'm for anything that would bring the Aschen back looking for some retribution. Sg-1 would be like, "Oops, forgot about you guys."
    sigpic
    MS - "Boy, wow that's a great question!"
    "...phu...ah..."
    "Anyone know what SENTIENT means???"
    Sunday is my favorite day for two reasons - Football and The Walking Dead

Comment

It could actually make an interesting story arc. I do wonder if the Aschen are willing to become slaves to the Ori just so they can have their vengeance. Maybe the Aschen will even try to backstab the Ori which of course would fail miserably.

Comment

Exactly, the Aschen could be the best servants of the Ori, and later become our number one enemy.
        School is overrated.

Comment

That'd be a great story arc. I do wonder how the Aschen would respond to the Ori. Remember the Aschen are patient and make long range plans. I don't know how well the Ori and their well quick dealings, as seen with unbeleivers, would mix with the Aschen.
          302's lead the way!

Comment

Great idea, I wonder if TPTB would be willing to bring back the aschen for season 10
            The doctor told me Im insane, thank God! its so much better then being outsane!

Comment

The Ori and the Ashen, no they wouldn't form an alliance, in they did it wouldn't last very long, the Ashen would attempt to wipe out Ori servants, trying to convert planets into farmland, the Ori would eliminate the Aschen quickly, and expediently.

Comment

The Aschen do have really good medical tech so perhaps they would be able to defeat the Ori virus?

Comment

Originally posted by Avatar28
                  The Aschen do have really good medical tech so perhaps they would be able to defeat the Ori virus?
                  I dont think so, the ori would be just below or equal to ancient tech/advanced, the aschen are no where advanced enough to fight off an enemy with that power
                  Last edited by Eoin; 27 October 2005, 05:42 PM.

Comment

Well, the Ori are willing to align themselves with the Goa'uld so I don't see why they would have any problem with the Aschen. Plus the Ori will demonstrate their power to the Aschen by saving them from the black hole so the Aschen will definitely be interested and maybe a little afraid.

Comment

Originally posted by Eoin
                      I dont think so, the ori would be just below or equal to ancient tech/advanced, the aschen are no where advanced enough to fight off an enemy with that power
                      Well in that case Earth is even more screwed because the Aschen are more advanced than Earth so by the same logic we're no where near advanced enough.

Regardless, I just suggested they might be able to defeat the Ori virus, not defeat the Ori in general.

Comment

Well in that case Earth is even more screwed because the Aschen are more advanced than Earth so by the same logic we're no where near advanced enough.
                        The aschen were more advanced than us in season (i forget which season)
                        but earth has come along way since we encountered them, we now have ships and more advanced tech than that of which we had, we would almost rival the aschen now, and our way of thinking is better than theirs + we're getting help from an ascended ancient to deal with the virus
                        Regardless, I just suggested they might be able to defeat the Ori virus, not defeat the Ori in general.
                        Sorry , i couldnt think of any other way of putting it
                        Last edited by Eoin; 27 October 2005, 06:22 PM.

Comment

In ships and such, yes. Medically, I don't think we're nearly as far along as they are.

Comment

In ships and such, yes. Medically, I don't think we're nearly as far along as they are.
                            I subscribe to you on this, almost. But even the fleet, Ta'uri fleet vs Aschen fleet, is an issue. Come on! We only have 2 Ships - The Prometheus and The Dedalus - and 2 doesn't count as a fleet. Unless the US doesn't build by the end of season 9 the half of 10 something more in the line 20 - 25 Dedalus class ships we don't stand a chance.
                            [QUOTE=Eoin]and our way of thinking is better than theirs + we're getting help from an ascended ancient to deal with the virus. [/QOUTE]
                            Sorry, but this smells a little bit to arrogant, no offence. Why OUR way is better than THEIRS? just because is OURS? This is why US lost the war in Vietnam.
                            And the help we get is unofficial and limited.
                            [QUOTE=Giantevilhead]Plus the Ori will demonstrate their power to the Aschen by saving them from the black hole so the Aschen will definitely be interested and maybe a little afraid.[/QOUTE]
                            Don't argue with you on the saving part as a demonstration of power, but the Aschen aren't that stupid. Just because we didn't hear from them since season 5 doesn't mean they dialed to the black hole or even used the gate addreses we gave them for that matter.
                            School is overrated.

Comment

I think that this would be the best way to bring the Aschen back into the picture. They are a very logical target for the Ori. The Jaffa have a lot of Goa'uld tech but their society is still pretty primitive and the Goa'uld no longer have much power. The Aschen are advanced and they control several planets. An alliance between the Ori and the Aschen would not be as hard to establish as one between the Jaffa and the Ori and since the Aschen are more advanced than all those primitive planets the Ori have converted, they could quickly and easily make use of the knowledge given to them and help the Ori establish a permanent base of operations in the Milky Way. Instead of building a fleet of ships in their galaxy, the Ori could have the Aschen build them a fleet right in the Milky Way.

Comment

Working...
                              X