PDA

View Full Version : The DHD

Elite Anubis Guard
October 27th, 2005, 11:34 AM
So when are we going to see a green DHD? Even if it just green slapped on a normal DHD?

Alex Rubit
October 27th, 2005, 02:23 PM
That's something that might be coming up soon. Unfortunately things have been going a bit slow in the designing department lately, so we hope to have something coming up there very soon.

In fact, there might actually be something coming up very soon, as it's starting to make some nice progress. ;)

Elite Anubis Guard
October 27th, 2005, 02:35 PM
It is Horizon? I can't wait to see the texturing on it. I don't suppose it'll have the 2 stars or the SG in the background?

Alex Rubit
October 27th, 2005, 08:20 PM
It is Horizon? I can't wait to see the texturing on it. I don't suppose it'll have the 2 stars or the SG in the background?

When we see the final version it will definitely include the Spacegate as well as the twin suns. It'll look just like it would in establishing shots.

The ultimate plan is of course to have a model, which actually rotates, and which we'll use for video sequences. But, currently it's really way too early to tell when exactly that will be done. It will come up eventually though. ;)

Sir Ruff
October 28th, 2005, 01:40 PM
Unfortunately things have been going a bit slow in the designing department lately,

:o

Lord Zedd
October 28th, 2005, 01:51 PM
are there any graphics besides that of the dvd cover and some wallpapers? Are there pictures of some episodes?

Alex Rubit
October 28th, 2005, 03:25 PM
:o

That's okay. It will be worth the wait. :D

Alex Rubit
October 28th, 2005, 03:27 PM
are there any graphics besides that of the dvd cover and some wallpapers? Are there pictures of some episodes?

Not yet, unfortunately. All graphics that are available have been released. We are working toward releasing images for specific episodes as well though.

Elite Anubis Guard
October 29th, 2005, 12:32 AM
They're doing CG images as well.

Lord Zedd
October 29th, 2005, 10:01 AM
great can't wait to see some of those !! I think that the CG images and other pictures will contribute enourmously to SH ! I am sure of it.

Elite Anubis Guard
October 29th, 2005, 10:10 AM
I've seen an early version of the station and it looks pretty dam good.

Lord Zedd
October 31st, 2005, 01:22 PM
so when can we see the pictures of some things that come available ??
Is there a team of people who create the pictures?

Alex Rubit
October 31st, 2005, 05:08 PM
so when can we see the pictures of some things that come available ??
Is there a team of people who create the pictures?

There'll be some pictures coming up pretty soon; the Valiant and Horizon are different stages of development, but hopefully it won't be too long until they'll be completed. It will be very helpful to picture things once you get to see what Horizon actually looks like. ;)

There are designers working on the images. But in fact we'll be looking out for some additional 3D designers, since we can use some more people in that department. We're not quite there yet, but the goal is to eventually release images along with new episodes; basically there'd be the episode and an image gallery that contains pictures of key scenes from the episode.

Lord Zedd
November 1st, 2005, 04:24 AM
yeah I've thought about that too that you have the episode and than also some pictures that make it more realistic. An episode section where everything is wriitten and an image section where you can read the story in mini style. That you see the major events what is going on in an episode. That is how I would do it if I were to make a new serie. Perhaps I will :rolleyes: but than it needs to be original but where can you find 3D designers?? :rolleyes: Can you help me perhaps? I guess not since you need them ! :p

And can somebody please please tell me what hiatus means ?!?!

SierraGulf1
November 1st, 2005, 11:00 AM
A hiatus is simply a break. SG1 and SGA are both going through their's currently to January, and we'll have a few, though not nearly as long (except for when in between seasons).

Elite Anubis Guard
November 1st, 2005, 11:08 AM
Something we saw alot of last season...http://www.thescifiworld.net/img/smilies/stargate/vala/vala04.gif

Alex Rubit
November 1st, 2005, 01:11 PM
yeah I've thought about that too that you have the episode and than also some pictures that make it more realistic. An episode section where everything is wriitten and an image section where you can read the story in mini style. That you see the major events what is going on in an episode. That is how I would do it if I were to make a new serie. Perhaps I will :rolleyes: but than it needs to be original but where can you find 3D designers?? :rolleyes: Can you help me perhaps? I guess not since you need them ! :p

And can somebody please please tell me what hiatus means ?!?!

When looking for 3D designers, I'd say just post an announement here on the forums. Chances are someone with the necessary skills might reply. Other than that, just try posting announcements on additional forums; i.e. forums focusing on 3D design. This one should be pretty good place to find someone: http://www.scifi-meshes.com/forums/.

Lord Zedd
November 1st, 2005, 01:42 PM
hey thanks but you need them don't you? :) cool I am going to make my own series :p lol just kidding ;) it takes to much time and I don't have that

Alex Rubit
November 1st, 2005, 02:13 PM
hey thanks but you need them don't you? :) cool I am going to make my own series :p lol just kidding ;) it takes to much time and I don't have that

I think there should be enough designers for both of us, if you need any of them. ;)

I actually posted an announcement there earlier today; hopefully we'll be getting enough people together to get to some episode specific designs soon.

Dr. Elisabeth Weir
November 7th, 2005, 11:28 AM
So to get things on topic in here. What about a green DHD?

Alex Rubit
November 7th, 2005, 11:38 AM
So to get things on topic in here. What about a green DHD?

That's something that will definitely be coming up. As soon as we have some more designers, there'll be quite a few images coming out pretty soon, including the DHD.

AzMcNeil
November 9th, 2005, 02:15 PM
Hey Alex...when are we going to be getting a model of what the space station looks like?