• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Kong Gets Supersized

From SciFi Wire:

http://www.scifi.com/scifiwire2005/i...ory=0&id=33033

Kong Gets Supersized

Less than two months before the Dec. 14 release of Universal's remake of King Kong, the studio has agreed to release director Peter Jackson's three-hour cut, which will push the budget to $207 million, Variety reported.
    sigpic

A 3-hour king kong movie? Wow. The only version i'm familiar with is the old-school black-and-white version i have on VHS. and that's only 90 minutes long.

Comment

If anyone can hold your attention for three hours it would be Peter Jacskson.
      All posts are IMO, I am not a rocket scientist.

Bender: "Lets go get drunk!"
      Pay it forward

Comment

Oh man, 3 hours? My bum's going to go numb.

Comment

How poetic and prophetic.
          All posts are IMO, I am not a rocket scientist.

Bender: "Lets go get drunk!"
          Pay it forward

Comment

Originally posted by Naeara
            Oh man, 3 hours? My bum's going to go numb.
            I remember watching Lord of the Rings in the theater's and at what seemed to be "boring" parts, i ran like a madman to the bathroom, because i didn't want to miss too much of the movies. Maybe Jackson will work some "boring" parts into King Kong.

Comment

Originally posted by skritsys
              ....Well, didn't seem to agree with my Dad...

Although it did for me!

Stargate Gateworld RPG. All are welcome!|Jim Andersons Bio.

Comment

What on earth are they going to add to make it 3 hours

I know they are adding a spider/bug pit scene that was supposed to be int he original 1930's movie but what else...

and I wonder how long the T-rex fight will be and how Kong will kill it

because the T-Rex and Kong look like a proper Gorrila and T-rex unlike the original so they cant have kong shove a tree down in its mouth then break its jaws with his bare hands

Comment

Well I heard a rumor that they spend 45minutes in New York before they even leave for the Kong island. Or was it 38 minutes?
                  "They dyed me this colour!"
                  Ossie Davis
                  Bubba Ho-tep

Comment

Originally posted by 38_Minutes
                    Well I heard a rumor that they spend 45minutes in New York before they even leave for the Kong island. Or was it 38 minutes?
                    I think if they jump through a wormhole, they can get to the island even faster.

Comment

3 hours Im gonna need allot of popcorn and a couple of drinks and maybe a loo next to my seat
                      The doctor told me Im insane, thank God! its so much better then being outsane!

Comment

Originally posted by skritsys
                        I'd say so...
                        Phew... 3 hours though... What is KK going to do? Stomp around the world and trash every major city?
                        I wonder who those Urukai-looking inhabitants are?
                        sigpic
                        "When you have eliminated the impossible, whatever remains, however improbable, must be the truth"

Comment

Originally posted by Eoin
                          3 hours Im gonna need allot of popcorn and a couple of drinks and maybe a loo next to my seat
                          No drinks... no loo...
                          sigpic
                          "When you have eliminated the impossible, whatever remains, however improbable, must be the truth"

Comment

Originally posted by Easter Lily
                            No drinks... no loo...
                            Just hope that the theater you see KK in is right next to the bathroom. I managed that feat a few times while watching Lord of the Rings, and it makes a huge difference!

Comment

3 hour movie about a giant monkey? A remake movie about a giant monkey? Where everyone already knows the plot and knows how its going to end?

Well good luck to them. I will wait for the DVD so I can pause and walk my dog in the middle of it.
                              Joseph Mallozzi -"In the meantime, I'm into season 5 of OZ (where the show takes an unfortunate hairpin turn into "the not so wonderful world of fantasy")"

^^^ Kinda sounds like seasons 9 and 10 of SG-1 to me. Thor, ya got Aspirin?

AGateFan has officially Gone Fishin (with Jack, Sam, Daniel, Teal'c) and is hoping Atlantis does not take that same hairpin turn.

Comment

Working...
                              X