Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

The Meul? Serenity Spoilers

OK, you've been warned.

Where the hell was the Meul on the Serenity the entire time?! I've seen that cargo bay and there was no-way in hell it could of fit the meul in a nie hidy spot on it...I know they have the kinda car thingo....

Any pictures to prove me wrong or right would be appreciated.

~Ascended Times.2~

Stargate Gateworld RPG. All are welcome!|Jim Andersons Bio.

I believe it's spelled Mule, as in 'Pack Mule', relating to a Donkey like creature that Ii'm thinking is a crossbreed between a Donkey and Horse, as it's sterile... or maybe i'm thining of another animal...

Now, either the Mule was in a storage hatch off the cargo-bay, stowed somewhere else in an area only accessible from outside Serenity, or the Crew only picked it up in the 8 months between 'Objects in Space' and the film, as I don't readily recall them using it in the series... perhaps someone versed in the novelisation and comics will be able to inform us of that notion...
    Jayne - Ain't logical. Cuttin' on his own face, rapin' and murdering - Hell, I'll kill a man in a fair fight... or if I think he's gonna start a fair fight, or if he bothers me, or if there's a woman, or if I'm gettin' paid - mostly only when I'm gettin' paid. But these Reavers... last ten years they show up like the bogeyman from stories. Eating people alive? Where's that get fun?
    Kaylee - Shepherd Book said they was men who just reached the edge of space, saw a vasty nothingness, and went bibbledy over it.
    Jayne - Oh, hell, i've been to the edge. Just looked like... more space.
    - Serenity

Comment

It seemed to lower down..perhaps it was suspended on the roof of the cargo bay? Although, that woulnt be very wise...I think they used it to replace the normal little cargo car thing for two reasons -1)It looks more sci-fi/cool than their normal cargo car, as to have greater appeal to the wider audience and 2) to facilitate the chase with the reaver thing. I mean..really, how long would that have lasted in that little transport car...

Sheppard: "Y’know, we’ve been having these conversations for a couple of weeks now, and I don’t even know your name. You guys do have names, right? Let me guess...Steve?"
      Wraith: "I am your death. That is all you need to know."
      Sheppard: "I prefer Steve."

Comment

Well they blew up the four-wheeler in War stories so I suppose they got a new one with the money they got from selling the Lassiter.

Comment

Originally posted by Mefusta
          I believe it's spelled Mule, as in 'Pack Mule', relating to a Donkey like creature that Ii'm thinking is a crossbreed between a Donkey and Horse, as it's sterile... or maybe i'm thining of another animal...

Now, either the Mule was in a storage hatch off the cargo-bay, stowed somewhere else in an area only accessible from outside Serenity, or the Crew only picked it up in the 8 months between 'Objects in Space' and the film, as I don't readily recall them using it in the series... perhaps someone versed in the novelisation and comics will be able to inform us of that notion...
          In the series, their mule was an ATV with a trailer. The effects for a hovercraft would have been far too expensive for frequent use within a television budget. I'm supposing that the name refers to the job the vehicle fulfils, not the type of vehcile it is (much the same way 'truck' refers to a whole range of vehicles).

BTW, in the movie I believe it was said that Simon and River had been aboard Serenity for eight months. So it was eight months between the pilot episode called 'Serenity', and the movie of the same name. Probably four or five months between the 'Objects in Space' and the film. (If those comics that were released have a more specific figure, let me know.)

a time to mourn

Comment

Two things:

1) In the novelisation, it says that the crew managed to sell the Lassiter (from 'Trash') in the time between the series and movie, and that they bought an air vehicle because they could get more use out of it than a quad bike (and they had the money to afford it).

2) It was quite clear to me, the Mule was lowered down from the ceiling in the first cargo bay scene in the movie. It'd be the only logical place to store it, by securing it to the ceiling in order to make room in the cargo bay for...well, cargo.

Comment

Originally posted by White Knight
              Two things:

1) In the novelisation, it says that the crew managed to sell the Lassiter (from 'Trash') in the time between the series and movie, and that they bought an air vehicle because they could get more use out of it than a quad bike (and they had the money to afford it).

2) It was quite clear to me, the Mule was lowered down from the ceiling in the first cargo bay scene in the movie. It'd be the only logical place to store it, by securing it to the ceiling in order to make room in the cargo bay for...well, cargo.
              Yup, I'd thought they brought it during the space between the film and the series and as for 2, yes, I saw that as well.
              sigpic
              Stargate Destiny - Coming Again Soon

Comment

Thank you far all you're kind replies! Still, gonna miss that quad bike...and, sorry, Mule.

Stargate Gateworld RPG. All are welcome!|Jim Andersons Bio.

Comment

Working...
                X