• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Who on "Children in Need" special scene

quoted from
    http://www.bbc.co.uk/doctorwho/news/...25/26293.shtml

"Who on Children In Need

Special scene to broadcast on November 18.

Continuing its long association with the BBC's Children In Need charity, we're pleased to announce that a Doctor Who scene will be included in the evening's entertainment on BBC One.

The mini adventure has been written by Russell T Davies. The contents are being kept a closely guarded secret for the moment."

I trust RTD to not make the mistake that was Dimensions in Time... And I'm really curious what it's all about! Yesterday it was actually reported that it'd be a "mini-episode", but now the BBC have renamed it a "special scene." And there's no information yet about what actors are involved in it; easy as it is to assume that it'll deal with the Tenth Doctor and Rose, it might just as well involve previous Doctors and/or companions (as was the case with Dimensions in Time).

Either way, I know what I'll be watching November 18th.

If I remember correctly, they did something like this already on a Red Nose Day quite a number of years back. It had someone acting as the first female regeneration of The Doctor. I dont remember who the actor was though but i can remember the scene quite well.
    Teselecta: "Silence will fall when the question is asked."

Doctor: "And what is the question?"

Teselecta: "How much wood could a woodchuck chuck if a woodchuck could chuck wood?"

Doctor: " *Brainfart* ".

Comment

You probably mean the 'case of certain death'. The female Doctor was played by Joanna Lumley - and the regenerations came along pretty thick and fast! Based on rather hazy memory (taken from one viewing of the BBC video release - yes this was released!) Rowan Atkinson was the first doctor, then he regenerated into Richard E Grant, and then on to Joanna.

If I recall, Julia Sawalha played the companion.

The only other thing I remember about it was that it involved a race who communicated by recognition of odours released in the form of flatulence.
      sigpic

Comment

Apparently, Doctor Who has a history with charity events. I believe the one you're talking about is "The Curse of Fatal Death" (with Rowan Atkinson and a bunch of other actors, and indeed, an actress, as various incarnations of the Doctor. Gotta say, Hugh Grant made a *very* handsome Doc!).
        Then there was "Dimensions in Time," for Children in Need in 1993, which was, uhm, pretty bad, but I got a chuckle out of it, anyway. And I'm guessing there were more.

I'm sure RTD knows what he's doing, so I'm hopeful we'll get something nice to see.

Comment

Originally posted by Chaka's_Mum
          You probably mean the 'case of certain death'. The female Doctor was played by Joanna Lumley - and the regenerations came along pretty thick and fast! Based on rather hazy memory (taken from one viewing of the BBC video release - yes this was released!) Rowan Atkinson was the first doctor, then he regenerated into Richard E Grant, and then on to Joanna.

The only other thing I remember about it was that it involved a race who communicated by recognition of odours released in the form of flatulence.
          You forgot Hugh Grant and Jim Broadbent too. Basically it was a mickey take of all the actors who at the time were rumoured to be the next doctor! The curse of fatal death was fab- especially with Jonathan Price as the master!

Comment

Originally posted by Chaka's_Mum

video?!? Ive been wanting to see it again for years. Any chance you know where i can get it?
            Teselecta: "Silence will fall when the question is asked."

Doctor: "And what is the question?"

Teselecta: "How much wood could a woodchuck chuck if a woodchuck could chuck wood?"

Doctor: " *Brainfart* ".

Comment

Originally posted by BritAngie
              You forgot Hugh Grant and Jim Broadbent too. Basically it was a mickey take of all the actors who at the time were rumoured to be the next doctor! The curse of fatal death was fab- especially with Jonathan Price as the master
              I've forgotten virtually everything about it, to be honest - even the title!(only saw it once, and around four years ago at that). Most of what I remember involves the farting bit and the female doctor...

Originally posted by Billz
              video?!? Ive been wanting to see it again for years. Any chance you know where i can get it?
              I found a couple of used copies up for grabs on the Amazon.co.uk site - though I've managed to lose the direct address (note to self: paste the hyperlink into the reply box before you copy text for a quote...). I did it by selecting the 'Video' tab and using 'Rowan Atkinson' as the search query. You need to click through virtually all of 66 entries to find it - but it's there.
              sigpic

Comment

Oh that special was fab.
                'They arent breastes they're Dalek bumps !!'
                Man so funny. Plus Rowan Atkinson makes a really great Doctor.
                Oh Yes the Sam is Back and hes more Sci-fied up than ever !!!!!!!!!

Coming Soon a new Banner from Me

Comment

The plot thickens!

Comment

This one apparently involves
                    Spoiler:
                    the first conversation between the 10th Doctor and Rose
                    but then again that could be a red herring to throw people off the scent of what it really covers.
                    Spoiler:
                    it does apparently lead into the X-mas episode
                    Equality is not a concept. It's not something we should be striving for. It's a necessity. Equality is like gravity. We need it to stand on this earth as men and women. And the misogyny that is in every culture is not a true part of the human condition. It is life out of balance, and that imbalance is sucking something out of the soul of every man and woman who is confronted with it.
                    - Joss Whedon - Equality Now

Comment

Originally posted by Billz

The Rowan Atkinson website has clips and more - think you can actually watch the whole thing there.
                      My site for Julia Sawalha also has some screencaps.

Re: the new Dr scene. At least there'll be something worth watching this year then. Usually I'd rather give the charity the money for them not show the Children in Need show!!
                      LizWhite.net

Comment

Picked up my TV Guide for next week - and the Doctor Who scene is scheduled for 9:00pm on the Friday.

Most of the time the schedule can be slightly wrong, especially with some show pieces running over their time slot etc.

Comment

Well than fingers crossed that it will be good, no great, no Fantastic !!!
                          Oh Yes the Sam is Back and hes more Sci-fied up than ever !!!!!!!!!

Coming Soon a new Banner from Me

Comment

no, perfect
                            Equality is not a concept. It's not something we should be striving for. It's a necessity. Equality is like gravity. We need it to stand on this earth as men and women. And the misogyny that is in every culture is not a true part of the human condition. It is life out of balance, and that imbalance is sucking something out of the soul of every man and woman who is confronted with it.
                            - Joss Whedon - Equality Now

Comment

Originally posted by TheWarrior
                              Picked up my TV Guide for next week - and the Doctor Who scene is scheduled for 9:00pm on the Friday.

Most of the time the schedule can be slightly wrong, especially with some show pieces running over their time slot etc.
                              Good, I can start taping at nine. I Better put the recoder on long play, cos you never know...
                              "Captain, you almost make me believe in luck."

Comment

Working...
                              X