Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Anyone else notice Stargate name similarities?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Anyone else notice Stargate name similarities?

Don't know if this has been posted over in the gateworld forums yet, but did anyone notice that when you take the first name of Jack O'Neill and combine the last name of John Sheppard, you get Jack Sheppard, the name of the main character on Lost?

And, on a broader scale, Jack seems to always be the name of the hero - take Jack Bauer on 24, for example. Jack was also the Keanu Reeves character's name in Speed. I guess Jack is just a popular title...

There's also a Jack on Alias and I personally think he's the best character on that show.

I had noticed that about Jack Sheppard. Probably just a coincidence but it's amusing all the same.

Comment

Corporal Adrian Shepard - star of Half Life Opposing Force

Help!
      My emojournal

Comment

According to some statistic, Jack (and forms of it. John, Jean, etc, etc) is the most common hero name.

Note: User's posts are rarely serious.
        Member of the F.O.R.D. || Martouf Marty's Webpage || (LJ)

Comment

Originally posted by MartoufMarty
          According to some statistic, Jack (and forms of it. John, Jean, etc, etc) is the most common hero name.

And probably the most common name for non heroes, to that.

Just because Lost uses similar names to SG1/SGA, doesn't necessarily mean that they've been taken. It just happens.
          __

__

Comment

Jack Carver from FarCry (which reminded me of lost BIGTIME)

Help!
            My emojournal

Comment

Yeah its not a refference or anything Id say, more a coincidence. I mean what is any TV show without a jack lol...

Comment

Originally posted by Anubis
                Just because Lost uses similar names to SG1/SGA, doesn't necessarily mean that they've been taken. It just happens.
                Yeah, i wasn't trying to imply that the name was taken, i was just wondering if anyone else noticed or had something to say about the coincidence

Comment

Originally posted by Simonthefurling
                  I mean what is any TV show without a jack lol...
                  The....Gilmore Girls... -falls down and has several simultaeneous seizures at once at the mention of the name-

Don't....let me stop...you posting...UGH!

Stargate Gateworld RPG. All are welcome!|Jim Andersons Bio.

Comment

I must say, the names Jack, Jim, James, Jenny and Jill all annoy me in TV characters. Usualy, the character is annoying too...

Well, not Alias' Jack. Hes a cutie pie.
                    TEAM SG1 LIVES

Comment

Not forget John in lost...so we have a Jack and a John as main characters...just like SGA and SGC

Comment

Working...
                      X