• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Watson Has A Ball In Potter IV

From SciFi Wire:

http://www.scifi.com/scifiwire2005/i...ory=0&id=33010

Watson Has A Ball In Potter IV

Emma Watson, who reprises her role as Hermione Grainger in the forthcoming Harry Potter and the Goblet of Fire, told SCI FI Wire that one of her favorite moments was her grand entrance to the Hogwarts Yule Ball. "I really felt like a fairy-tale princess," Watson said in an interview in London over the weekend. "Jany Temime, head of costume, created a truly magical dress which had masses of material, took three months to make and involved loads of fittings. It was just beautiful."

Watson, 15, plays an older Hermione in the fourth movie, which is based on J.K. Rowling's book of the same name. Watson joked that "getting the entrance just right took almost as long as the dress. I didn't know there were so many ways you could walk down stairs until that day. It was hard work. I was given all these directions: 'Keep your head up.' 'Make sure your back is straight.' 'Don't make it too clumpy.' 'Glide smoothly.' By the time we did [the scene], I was an absolute wreck. But hopefully it looks OK."

Director Mike Newell complimented Watson's skill in transforming from frumpy bookworm into graceful swan. "We—as in producer David Heyman and I—tend to look at Hermione as an honorary boy. But, of course, Emma now gets to be a young woman, which is something that I personally am very proud of, because I thought she was wonderful and allowed herself to be very vulnerable."

Watson added: "I loved the ball so much, because I could relate to what she was going through. I so know that frustration where guys can be so insensitive. And then one of the things Mike [Newell] really wanted to play is that Hermione is so insecure about herself, that she's never really had any attention from any guy before. So with Viktor [Stanislav Ianevski] she is quite literally being swept off her feet and getting caught up in this whirlwind with this incredibly famous Quidditch player."

For Daniel Radcliffe, who plays the title role in the film, the evening was an unmitigated disaster. "Harry and Ron are the worst dates in the world, and you just feel so sorry for the girls," he said with a laugh. "This night should be the greatest night in the world, but it's horrible." Speaking from personal experience, he added: "At the end of the night there's that little bit, which is quite true of those sorts of school dance things, where all the ballroom casualties are outside weeping because their night has been so horrible."

Watson agreed. "[The ball] is quite an emotional roller coaster for Hermione," she said. Harry Potter and the Goblet of Fire opens Nov. 18.
    sigpic

Cool cant wait to see it. It's going to be interesting now they're entering the longer books how much they cut, which obviously will be alot.

Comment

Tickets are on sale already here in Ohio, trying to decide if I want stay up all night just to see it on opening night.
      All posts are IMO, I am not a rocket scientist.

Bender: "Lets go get drunk!"
      Pay it forward

Comment

Originally posted by skritsys
        Tickets are on sale already here in Ohio, trying to decide if I want stay up all night just to see it on opening night.
        On sale already? Doesn't it have two more weeks until it comes out?
        sigpic

Comment

Originally posted by Simonthefurling
          Cool cant wait to see it. It's going to be interesting now they're entering the longer books how much they cut, which obviously will be alot.
          Well, I hope they don't leave entire vital scenes out and make people go "What the follocks?" Like the did in one part of the Philosphers stone...

lol, imagine how much their gonna have to cut out for 5 and then 6

Stargate Gateworld RPG. All are welcome!|Jim Andersons Bio.

Comment

Working...
          X