PDA

View Full Version : GateWorld competition

GodAtum
October 25th, 2005, 07:27 AM
I think there should be a competition where someone can win all of the Stargate and SGA DVDs. That would be soooo cool.:cool:

Stricken
October 25th, 2005, 07:34 AM
Yes it would, but I cant see it happening :D

MartoufMarty
October 25th, 2005, 07:55 AM
Good idea GodAtum.

You can supply the prizes :P

Elite Anubis Guard
October 25th, 2005, 09:53 AM
Books, I could see that - but DVDs?http://www.thescifiworld.net/img/smilies/stargate/mckay/mckayanime08.gif

TechnoWraith
October 25th, 2005, 09:55 AM
Books, I could see that - but DVDs?http://www.thescifiworld.net/img/smilies/stargate/mckay/mckayanime08.gif

I was kinda thinking along the lines og winning a puddlejumper or something. :p

srg
October 25th, 2005, 12:41 PM
I was kinda thinking along the lines og winning a puddlejumper or something. :p

hmm, just try to pilot it without the ancient gene.

Anyway, I thought you'd rather have a dart?

knocknashee
October 25th, 2005, 01:08 PM
If the appropriate deals could be made with the merchandise companies...it would be cool. A lot of them give away small amounts of stuff as promo...

Elite Anubis Guard
October 25th, 2005, 01:17 PM
Fandamonium may do that.

Darren
October 25th, 2005, 01:28 PM
We're currently chatting with a partner who may help us do DVD give-aways down the road. Stay tuned.

Elite Anubis Guard
October 25th, 2005, 01:44 PM
UK or US or AU?

srg
October 25th, 2005, 02:25 PM
UK or US or AU?

Hopefully depends on the winner.

MartoufMarty
October 25th, 2005, 02:55 PM
We're currently chatting with a partner who may help us do DVD give-aways down the road. Stay tuned.
Damn! I already have them all :(

knocknashee
October 25th, 2005, 04:28 PM
I'm assuming that Darren wouldn't impose that sort of restriction on GW's competitions...they'd be open to all...

Darren
October 25th, 2005, 04:36 PM
Probably limited to Region 1 DVD, but anything's possible.

NowIWillDestroyAbydos
October 25th, 2005, 04:55 PM
Here's a good competition:
SGA Soundtrack CD.

Good idea, huh

Agent_Dark
October 25th, 2005, 09:25 PM
Damn! I already have them all :(
More is better! :D

knocknashee
October 25th, 2005, 09:30 PM
Probably limited to Region 1 DVD, but anything's possible.
Fair one...doesn't stop some of us... *whistles*

Here's a good competition:
SGA Soundtrack CD.

Good idea, huh
That is a good idea...I have to say...

TechnoWraith
October 25th, 2005, 09:52 PM
Anyway, I thought you'd rather have a dart?

You're right. a dart would be better. ;)

Elite Anubis Guard
October 26th, 2005, 02:51 AM
Shame, would have liked novel competitions reall.y

Naughtrish
October 26th, 2005, 04:54 AM
I HOPE it's open to all... I always miss the good contests because of living in Argentina FCOL :(

Stricken
October 27th, 2005, 06:40 AM
Region 1, thats not fair :(

Darren
October 27th, 2005, 08:32 AM
Well, if the folks we are working with only provide the Region 1 release (because that's what they are currently promoting), we only have the Region 1 release. It would be kind of silly to send that kind of a prize to someone in the Czech Republic.

Elite Anubis Guard
October 27th, 2005, 12:17 PM
Lol I have a multiregion player...

Qasim
October 27th, 2005, 12:19 PM
This is discrimination against Czech people

knocknashee
October 27th, 2005, 02:37 PM
Likewise... :p

Colonel Sharp
October 27th, 2005, 02:39 PM
Sweet :D

JanusAncient
October 27th, 2005, 05:23 PM
I'd want a titanium model of Atlantis, and blueprints to go along with it.

Eoin
October 27th, 2005, 06:44 PM
Same here :D
Its ironic that they make DVD's with region codes to prevent people from other countries obtaining the same DVD at a lower price or get it before its actual release date in that country, and then they go ahead and make multi-region DVD players, im not complaining though :D

srg
October 28th, 2005, 02:59 AM

While you're at it, how to make a fully functional ZPM.

ToasterOnFire
October 30th, 2005, 08:10 PM
DVDs would be cool to win. So would books/companion guides, action figures, signed actor photos, all sorts of things. I have no idea what it takes to set up such contests and get the prizes, so good luck Darren! :)

srg
October 31st, 2005, 12:01 AM
Or maybe tickets to the convention of your choice?

Mefusta
October 31st, 2005, 03:13 AM
While you're at it, how to make a fully functional ZPM.I wouldn't mind getting one of the ZPM Props. All we need is someone to sneak onto the set, nick one of 'em (we've seen all three ZPMs in the reactor, so they would have several), and give it out in this competition. That would make one hell of a conversation piece to put on one's mantle... or to try to ransom it off to the US Government... :p

prion
October 31st, 2005, 03:41 AM
I think there should be a competition where someone can win all of the Stargate and SGA DVDs. That would be soooo cool.:cool:

If that's done. make sure it's the COMPLETE season 8 (the entire "Threads", not the edited version ) :p :p

Usually competitions give you one or two seasons. 8 seasons, no, 9 (counting SGA) might be too much for MGM's bean counters ;)

srg
October 31st, 2005, 04:06 AM
I wouldn't mind getting one of the ZPM Props. All we need is someone to sneak onto the set, nick one of 'em (we've seen all three ZPMs in the reactor, so they would have several), and give it out in this competition. That would make one hell of a conversation piece to put on one's mantle... or to try to ransom it off to the US Government... :p

"I tried to power my toothbrush off it yesterday, but it didn't fit in the AA slot"

NowIWillDestroyAbydos
November 1st, 2005, 06:37 AM
DVDs would be cool to win. So would books/companion guides, action figures, signed actor photos, all sorts of things. I have no idea what it takes to set up such contests and get the prizes, so good luck Darren! :)
Personally I think we could be offered the following: Sign actor photo, books/companion guides, and action figure. I think DVDs would be a less of a possibility.

Stricken
November 1st, 2005, 08:13 AM
*sulks for no reason*

David
November 1st, 2005, 06:25 PM
While you're at it, why not ask for the whole frackin Pegasus Galaxy?
:D

KairezLightkeeper
November 1st, 2005, 06:46 PM
I'd settle for Seasons Five and Six of SG-1 (the ones I'm missing)... ZPM prop would be cool, too... And of course, to satisfy David, I want the Pegasus Galaxy! :p :D

Futura
November 1st, 2005, 06:57 PM
I think it would be cool to, to own all the DVD's even better if they were won, which means there free, lol Nar i love my stargate!

Boobala
November 1st, 2005, 09:54 PM
Or maybe tickets to the convention of your choice?

that would be great............

TechnoWraith
November 1st, 2005, 10:50 PM
that would be great............

Convention tickets would be an awesome prize. Though costs maybe a bit of an issue. But then again, if GateWorld could get a Convention sponsor (like Creation Entertainment) than it might work out.

Stricken
November 3rd, 2005, 07:21 AM
Yes they would and if you couldnt go you could sell them :D

srg
November 3rd, 2005, 01:41 PM
Convention tickets would be an awesome prize. Though costs maybe a bit of an issue. But then again, if GateWorld could get a Convention sponsor (like Creation Entertainment) than it might work out.

They don't even have to pay for the travel costs, just the tickets are the prize.

GodAtum
November 4th, 2005, 05:11 AM
One of these has to be the ultimate prize:

Stargate Props (http://www.lightspeedfineart.com/Props.html)

Life sized replica Jaffa Staff from Stargate SG-1
Replica of the Stargate from SG-1. Available in Working :eek: and non working static versions.

Stricken
November 4th, 2005, 07:57 AM
Working Versions!! Now that would be cool!

TechnoWraith
November 4th, 2005, 08:34 AM
Working Versions!! Now that would be cool!

I think a working Stargate Replica would be even better. ;)

Elite Anubis Guard
November 5th, 2005, 09:10 AM
Be realistic fellas. A couple of DVDs, novels, figures maybe are easy and affordable.

srg
November 9th, 2005, 02:53 PM
I think a working Stargate Replica would be even better. ;)

And a map to all the gate addresses in this galaxy and pegasus, plus a ZPM:p

duffarama
November 9th, 2005, 09:36 PM
I wouldn't be worrying about the competition myself, because I already have all the DVD boxsets. ;)

Matt G
November 14th, 2005, 01:41 PM
Set visits? Gateworld is on good terms with TPTB after all!

Nem2k
November 14th, 2005, 02:05 PM
well, come on, this is easy....if we all chip in a little bit of money as an entry fee to the competition, that money can be used to purchase a prize (which will be determined through a poll)

then the winner will win whatever it is that wins the poll....simple enough no? id be willing to throw in £10 which covers the cost of half a DVD box set alone, imagine how much money we'd have if we all did that....we could easily get enough to buy one of those working replica Gates

altho some of the ideas like set visits are also pretty good, i know id want that more than any $40000 prize ;)

Elite Anubis Guard
November 16th, 2005, 09:26 AM
I still think the easiest thing for GW todo is books, dvds and figures when theyre out.

Darren
November 16th, 2005, 07:57 PM
Workin' on 'em! Stay tuned.

Lexa Jayde
November 17th, 2005, 03:32 AM
i reckon that would be the most awesome prize... gold ticket to vancouver con in march next year, witha sponsor...i live in australia so travell costs would be handy... :D:D:D:D:D:D

Elite Anubis Guard
November 17th, 2005, 08:13 AM
Workin' on 'em! Stay tuned.
What you gone for?

Darren
November 17th, 2005, 02:30 PM
I not gone. I right here.

Elite Anubis Guard
November 18th, 2005, 02:04 PM
Sorry, I mean't what things have you decided to use...should stop using local idioms on here.

Darren
November 18th, 2005, 03:56 PM
We'll do give-aways for whatever we can get our hands on from licensees. We're currently in negotiations with several.

NowIWillDestroyAbydos
November 18th, 2005, 04:00 PM
We'll do give-aways for whatever we can get our hands on from licensees. We're currently in negotiations with several.
That's really cool, Darren

White Knight
November 19th, 2005, 03:53 AM
Sweeeeet!

Lida
November 19th, 2005, 12:41 PM
Well, as the Franchise has at least 2 warehouses full of props from SG-1 (and now SGA), perhaps a small momento? I think most of us have the DVD's or at least tapes/DVD's......and the books are now easily obtained, so how about something a tad special? Just a suggestion.....

TechnoWraith
November 19th, 2005, 12:46 PM
Well, as the Franchise has at least 2 warehouses full of props from SG-1 (and now SGA), perhaps a small momento? I think most of us have the DVD's or at least tapes/DVD's......and the books are now easily obtained, so how about something a tad special? Just a suggestion.....

Maybe some defunct, no-longer needed authentic prop ( a small one, mind you. the cost for International shipping's a killer sometimes).

undresser69
November 19th, 2005, 09:58 PM
will these competitions be poen to everyone as im from Australia?

dont want to be getting exciting for nothing and u do have a global fan base who use Gatewprld too

just reminding u Darren !

Darren
November 20th, 2005, 05:45 PM
We'll do our best with what we can get. As I said earlier, though, it doesn't make much sense to send a Region 1 DVD to Tibet.

Elite Anubis Guard
November 21st, 2005, 08:09 AM
We'll do our best with what we can get. As I said earlier, though, it doesn't make much sense to send a Region 1 DVD to Tibet.
Unless they have a multiregion player?

TechnoWraith
November 21st, 2005, 08:54 AM
Unless they have a multiregion player?

i fixed that whole region debacle by getting a multi-region player. ;)

Elite Anubis Guard
November 21st, 2005, 10:45 AM
Nah, I think we should stop being idiots here. Darren has stated they are doing something in the ways of competitions. It isn't becoming of us to be picky and say daft and stupid things.