This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Asgard position regarding Wraith

This thread is kind of a branch off from the Allies/Inferno Spoiler thread.

It got me wondering, the Asgard would have knowledge of the wraith by now I would assume (through Hermiod, ancient database, plus they do have ships capable of intergalactic travel), what do you think would be the 'official' position of the Asgard regarding the Wraith? especially considering the fact that Atlantis (home of their former allies, the Alterrans/Ancients) is now occupied once more and under attack?

So far we are assuming Wraith only prey on humans, and as such do not need to worry about a threat to themselves, are the Asgard just choosing to ignore them? for a powerful race, the Asgard surely wouldn't just leave all humans to defend themselves...

what about, they think they've already helped enough by fitting the Prometheus with shields and weapons, and incorporating shield/beaming technology into the Deadalus? Again, I can't imagine that they think "here you go - now you deal with it"...unless they are trying to, in some weird way, observe the potential of the Tau'Ri...

or maybe, are the Wraith just too numerous for the Asgard to deal with? While the Wraith may not feed on the Asgard, surely they'd wipe them out quicksmart for taking sides with the Atlantean...perhaps the Asgard are too busy rebuilding their society? we know that they need to overcome their inability to reproduce naturally...

any ideas?

Wiping out the Asgard wouldn't be that easy a task, plus why should they interfere, they spent millennia protecting human planets from the Goa'uld, now they should fight the Wraith as well. Rebuilding the Asgard civilization, and solving their cloning problem, should be the Asgard's main concern. If the Wraith came to Ida, I'm sure that the Asgard would find a way to deal with the problem, after all they are not the replicators.

Comment

I agree, at the moment, I would think the Asgard are in no position to bring aid. They probably don't have much of a fleet remaining and are busy with more pressing matters, they will probably bring more aid as it becomes available. Their outfitting of the Daedalus is probably the best they can do at the moment.

Sheppard: "Y’know, we’ve been having these conversations for a couple of weeks now, and I don’t even know your name. You guys do have names, right? Let me guess...Steve?"
      Wraith: "I am your death. That is all you need to know."
      Sheppard: "I prefer Steve."

Comment

Why does everyone forget that the replicators are still out there. They were destoryed in this galaxy, they are still out there in the other galaxies.

If I were the replicators, I would find a galaxy which has very little life and colonize it. THey builded the human replicators on their own, they surely can do it again.

Comment

Originally posted by Deckker
          Why does everyone forget that the replicators are still out there. They were destoryed in this galaxy, they are still out there in the other galaxies.

If I were the replicators, I would find a galaxy which has very little life and colonize it. THey builded the human replicators on their own, they surely can do it again.
          I agree with your assessment about the replicators were only destroyed in MW galaxy. As for the position of the Asgard I think they are busy licking their wounds to worry about the Wraith. When they have the ships and resources to aid in the destruction of the Wraith I believe they will help.
          Originally posted by Rainbow Sun Francks
          Live within the moment. There is only now, ENJOY.

Proud F.O.R.D. Member My LiveJournal Rainbow/Aiden Ford Thunk Thread

Comment

Like other have said. The Asgard are trying to rebuild their society. It will be sometime before we see any Warships over in the Pegasus galaxy. They may never show any Asgard on SGA. Its more of a SG1 thing.

Comment

I really doubt we'll see the replicators again, they're finished and thats the end of that.

Comment

yuck messy calculations
                Last edited by Kilharae; 26 October 2005, 04:10 AM.

Comment

The replictor shouldnt be a threat to the asgard anymore, thor was able to make his ship fire the wave that killed the replicators, the one that came from the the weapon o'neill made in new order. If they were able to do that they should be able to recreate the wave that came from the device on dakara

The most likely answer to why arent the asgard in pegasus is that they are rebuilding their civilization, and the fact that if the asgard were to come and deal with every wraith problem the atlantis team were to come up against we'd have no story
                  The doctor told me Im insane, thank God! its so much better then being outsane!

Comment

Well the replicatoar are really a moot point, I do not think we will see them for a very very long time. They are completely defeated story wise.

Rebuilding their civilization is the asgard 1st task. I am sure the Asgard trust the humans to keep the Warith busy, I mean the replicator are for more dangerous than the Wraith.

If man kind can kill in under 9 years what the Asgard could not for decades, I say that earns plenty of trust, respect and confidence.

Comment

I think the whole lack of an Asgard presence on Atlantis is ridiculous. I believe TPTB did'nt include the Asgard as regulars because of production costs. The asgard are our #1 ally!. They are trustworthy, powerful, honorable, not to mention they sort of still owe us and have alot to offer with helping understand Ancient technology. The whole lack of Asgard being on SGA or SG for that matter is a bummer!. Hopefully the second half of each season changes that.
                      the Fifth Race

Mod@ www.Bodybuilding.com
                      Mod@ www.MMAforumcom

Comment

Let's assume there were replicators in galaxies other than Milky Way and Ida. (season 5 Enemies being the only evidence for this) From what we know of replicators, they were not capable of intergalactic communication (Reese unaware of Ida replicators, Milky Way Replicators not aware of Ida replicators). Now, the human form replicators were an Ida replicator invention since they came into contact with Reese. Since replicators don't communicate over galaxies, other galaxy replicators (possible for Pegasus galaxy replicators?) wouldn't be aware of how to design a human form.

Now, 5th told all Replicators in Ida (because Replicators are unaware of other Replicators existence) to flee Ida. There was no point in fighting a battle versus the weapon the Asgard adapted to their ships systems. No matter how many replicators existed they would be wiped out by the first design of the replicator gun. Ida replicators arrive to the Milky Way and that's where they discover how to become resistant to the first antireplicator weapon. But since the Ida-> Milky Way replicators (want to distinguish the original Milky Way replicators) can't communicate over galaxies, they were the only version resistant to the replicator gun. When they died, human form and the resistant died with them. Any Replicator incursion from galaxy X into ours would be met with one Asgard vessel going replicator hunting. They are no longer a threat. Without human form, the replicators have no possibility of studying the Ancient weapon.

They only way for Replicators to become a threat again is if they found another Ida->MIlky Way replicator but in my opinion, that's impossible. I believe there were two things that killed off the Replicators in our galaxy. First was the Dakara weapon. After the Dakara weapon, it was the strain of having the Ancient database in a much smaller memory base. Replicarter was showing evidence of being strained by the knowledge and she stated that the strain was only relieved by the increase in Replicators. If only 90% of the Replicators were wiped out from the Milky Way, the 10% would be unable to share the Ancient knowledge. The strain would kill them much like the strain on a human body. It's too much for a severely reduced memory base to handle and the Replicator systems crash much like Win98 did when performing anything. When Replicators crash, it's likely their block communication crashes aswell and they disassemble themselves much like being hit with the Dakara weapon.

Comment

The Asgard dont interfear probably because there rebuilding there civ. Also it wouldnt do for the show for every time theres an enemy or a problem for the asgard to come in and save the day. They have to be able to fight there own battles or they wont be able to devolop the charecters you might as well call it Stargate Asgard.

Comment

Originally posted by spartan 117
                            They have to be able to fight there own battles or they wont be able to devolop the charecters you might as well call it Stargate Asgard.
                            Actually, does anyone think a Stargate Asgard show would actually be really cool?

Comment

LoL...not really

Comment

Working...
                              X