Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Power Rangers - What would you classify them as?

Collapse
This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Power Rangers - What would you classify them as?

Other than a childrens show, what would put this show in, i guess Fantasy, but yah, just wondering if people even still watch this show even if they're too old for it
    Amanda, "Wallow Central."

I do consider Power Rangers a fantasy and I have watched them every so often, have you?

Everyone has a little kid in them. If we didn't, the theme parks would be out of business. And I for one like them (the parks).

Comment

Yeah, there are futuristic elements to it so sci-fi, lighthearted maybe but it does touch on themes of technology (and chop socky-ing that technology to bits and pieces) in its own fun way. Is this show still going in some spinoff capacity? I haven't seen it in ages, but it had some catchy character names. Rita Repulsa is one of the better names for a villain I've ever heard, bar some of James Bond's foes!
      Lord TorleYu-wong Chong Techno - create a "Window of Opportunity"

get hooked, click here to listen to "The_Autistic_World_of_Torley.mp3" | dialup version
      more @ torley's techno music and anti-techno music blog

Comment

I thought the original power rangers were best Haha... Me, being still young, likes anything, haha... I did like the name "Rita Repulsa", thats catchy The 'megazords' are in a way scifi-ish ,haha...

Comment

I remember Power Rangers, although I stopped watching quite a long while back. But yeah, they're Sci-FiISH
          __

__

Comment

I wouldn't blame anyone from stop watching the show Because like i said before, it is a childrens show, haha...

Comment

My childhood heroes! .... after Thomas the Tank Engine of course

Comment

I just remember the old sayin the show "Its Morphin time!" and during the fight scenes it would have some cheezy music, miss those dayz

Comment

Is that show still on the air? How many incarnations does it have now?
                  I used to watch it before school like 9 years ago, back then they were still the Mighty Morphin Power Rangers.

Comment

Yes, the original was the best The show is still going on, it has more spawns than Star Trek has have, haha... Its like Power Rangers' 9th incarnation? I don't know, but more than 6, thats all i know.

Comment

I believe I stopped when they introduced the white ranger. I know it was pretty popular in its 'heyday' what with the live shows and everything. Aren't they in space now? or back in time?

Comment

I think the current show is on Earth, with 3 in a half rangers, the half ranger being Tommy (Former White/Green/Red ranger), cuz hes there for one episode, then gone the other, so yah...

Comment

They should have just ended that franchise along time ago.
                          Re: Classification
                          It does have a little bit of Science Fiction, with the presence of Alpha545?555? I dunno that robot.

Comment

Ya a while ago on lunch break me and a few friends hijacked the multimedia room for some entertainment. The movie of choice : "Power Rangers, the Movie". A little while later, some girls joined us, and had absoloutley no idea what was so facinating about the technicolour monstrosities.

After the babe turns into an owl, one of us, quite calmly and seemingly sanely said, "Man thats one foxey owl!"

Most of the girls left at that point.

After 9 shows armed only with martial arts that took my 6 year old brother to master and costumes borrowed from the circus, they are still GODS.
                            [email protected]
                            http://underworld-x.com

I pledge allegiance to the underworld
                            One nation under dog
                            There of which I stand alone
                            A face in the crowd
                            Unsung, against the mold
                            Without a doubt
                            Singled out
                            The only way I know

Comment

I really dislike how they messed up the colors of the rangers, a guy was a yellow ranger, there're used to be two similar blue rangers (ones lighter than the other), it was all jacked up. I stopped watching after Lost in Space, then everything got... 'weird', because there was no more Zordan Haha...

Comment

Working...
                              X