Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Questions to Darren and Crew about Gateworld.

Collapse
This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Questions to Darren and Crew about Gateworld.

This seems like some oddball questions, but why did you start Gateworld? Were you bored one day and decided to start something that would that would give you a headache everyday? Did you think it would turn out like this? Did you even think it would work? Was there anyone who said you were an idiot in the beginning for starting Gateworld?

I always find it interesting how things work and why people do the things they do, so I thought I would ask.
    If at first you don't succeed, then skydiving is not for you.

Go here.

http://www.gateworld.net/staff/history.shtml
    gatehorse

lj here if you're interested.

Comment

Yep.
      GateWorld Podcast - Info - iTunes - Google
      The Stargate Omnipedia - www.StargateOmnipedia.com
      Stargate Image Gallery - www.StargateGallery.com

Comment

Great story Darren and very inspiring. Makes you feel like if you want to do something, and you work very hard at it, you can succeed. I wish you and David continued success!
        On fighting:
        Farrah: "A swordsman does not fear death, if he dies with honor."
        Dr. Who: "Then he's an idiot."

Comment

That is a good story and this is a great site. Whenever a stargate question comes up at work we always say lets check gateworld and our questions are always answered.

The only nitpick I have is, I have to constantly remind people its gateworld.NET. You dont know how many times people have asked me 'what happened to gateworld?'. It's '.net'... 'dot N E T' dangit!!!
          Joseph Mallozzi -"In the meantime, I'm into season 5 of OZ (where the show takes an unfortunate hairpin turn into "the not so wonderful world of fantasy")"

^^^ Kinda sounds like seasons 9 and 10 of SG-1 to me. Thor, ya got Aspirin?

AGateFan has officially Gone Fishin (with Jack, Sam, Daniel, Teal'c) and is hoping Atlantis does not take that same hairpin turn.

Comment

Ah, good memories there. I need to go back and revise it for the last year's worth of developments, though.
            GateWorld Podcast - Info - iTunes - Google
            The Stargate Omnipedia - www.StargateOmnipedia.com
            Stargate Image Gallery - www.StargateGallery.com

Comment

Originally posted by AGateFan
              The only nitpick I have is, I have to constantly remind people its gateworld.NET.
              Yeah, gateworld.com is annoying. I hate when I accidentally type that.
              Secretary-General of GATO ¤ Defender of F.O.R.D.

Comment

very cool story

you guys are so great
                sigpic

Comment

I agree with PM

Comment

Darren, I am having trouble finding my posts on the site. For example I posted on the thread where Joe M. answers questions last night and today I can’t find it. It is not even on my list of post. Am I doing something wrong? Was there something wrong with the post? How can I find it, if it is still around? Thanks

"We were a team...no one could even begin to understand what we went through together… What we mean to each other.” Samantha Carter

Comment

Originally posted by yowo
                      Darren, I am having trouble finding my posts on the site. For example I posted on the thread where Joe M. answers questions last night and today I can’t find it. It is not even on my list of post. Am I doing something wrong? Was there something wrong with the post? How can I find it, if it is still around? Thanks
                      this question is probably better suited to the 'ask the mods' thread, however if your post is the one i'm thinking of, i couldn't find a question in your post.

Joe's thread is rather stringently moderated in that we have a zero tolerance for multiple posts, non-questions and the like simply because we've asked and asked and asked people to follow the rules, and they keep forgetting them.

I would suggest that you rephrase your question, perhaps without all the exposition and resubmit it
                      Where in the World is George Hammond?

sigpic

Comment

Please don't get angry, as this isn't is question, but as I just had my first laugh in 3 days, I HAD to thank Darren......so TY Darren....I love your new "caption"...Hallowed are the Moderators..

You have NO idea what a laugh means to me right now, so thank you once again and I do apologize for being OT.
                        On fighting:
                        Farrah: "A swordsman does not fear death, if he dies with honor."
                        Dr. Who: "Then he's an idiot."

Comment

I would really like an Avatar of Thor or another Asgard as my Avatar....How would I get one of these...I didn't see them on the Avatar's list....
                          Two apples get you nothing unless your buying a banana.

Comment

I have a question about this thread. Why is it still open????
                            sigpic

Comment

Originally posted by NowIWillDestroyAbydos
                              I have a question about this thread. Why is it still open????
                              Probably because the mods havent noticed its still open
                              gumboYaYa: you are all beautiful, your words and openness are what make that shine. don't forget how much talent love and beauty you all have.
                              so for now, peace love love love more love and happy, and thank you, thank you, thank you
                              love Torri

Comment

Working...
                              X