X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

How I would have done D00M

In the movie,
    Spoiler:
    there were no monsters that had super skills like the ability to summon fire or balls of energy from their mouth or hands. There were only a couple of "Doom" creatures in the movie and I was expecting to see them all
    . Granted, D3 is a definite departure from the originals but I was hoping that
    Spoiler:
    they'd have brought back some familiar creatures and demons that we can all recognize instead of sticking with the ones in the D3 game. Even still, there were only two creatures from the D3 game.

I really wished they'd have included
    Spoiler:
    Barons of Hell, Cacodemons and Spider Masterminds but all there were was Imps and one Demon.

If I had my way, the story would have gone more like this, "A team has to travel to Mars because archaeologists found a portal to another dimension from which monsters came fourth all being led by a Spider Mastermind. The team first has to determine why the base stopped transmitting and hasn't been heard of and to kill the monsters while trying to escape after having figured out what happened or to destroy the portal to the other dimension to keep more things from entering our universe."

I would have made it with more familiar creatures including the flying ones, the energy-belching ones and the so-called "bosses" like the Baron of Hell, Spider Mastermind and Cyberdemon.

Because the actual extra-dimensional creatures are in charge, they don't deal with the Special Forces team right away. The effect of the portal reanimated dead tissue and the scientists and marines already there are of the walking dead and the only way to kill them is to shoot them in the head or blow them up.

Because of the highly sensitive nature of everything there (on Mars), one marine is sent in to evaluate the situation - like in the game.
    Spoiler:
    The movie has a whole team of maybe 6 to 8 team members.

There are other forces at work other than the evil ones coming through the portal. They are the good guys who tried stopping the demons from coming through to our universe but were unable to prevent them from doing so. They have the ability to help out the single marine on the planet with power-ups like health vials, advanced weapons like the BFG, plasma gun and armor from their universe.

I know i haven't been the most positive voice in the room about this film, but ^ that's what hollywood does. It strays from the entire base of the game/comic/book (exceptions noted...) and butchers them beyond belief. If they do things like that, they should change the name and take inspiration from the series and IMHO it wouldn't be so bad. But things like resident evil, that had nothing to do with the game apart from names like Racoon City and zombies. That's where the similarities ended.

(Bare in mind i've never played any doom all the way through)
    As for what i'd do, i'd like to to stick more to what the games were all about, and to be honest, i like your idea and trust it helluva lot more than i would the hollywood exec's to stay true to the game.

The center of Khlysty surrounds me

Comment

Working...
    X