X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

podcast

Whats the deal with the podcast?
    I entered the url into iTunes, and its only giving me the podcast for 209.
    How do I tell it to get the older eps?
    How do I tell it to get 210?

grrrr argh

Right click and save.
    Podcast for Pegasus

For the podcasts for the older eps, go here.

Comment

Originally posted by Blue Banrigh
      Right click and save.
      Podcast for Pegasus

For the podcasts for the older eps, go here.
      Thanks for that.. doesnt that kind of defeat the idea of a podcast if its only grabbing one file? shouldnt it grab everything?

Comment

*shrugs* I dunno, probably.

Never tried Itunes for podcasts.

Comment

Originally posted by voigtstr
          Thanks for that.. doesnt that kind of defeat the idea of a podcast if its only grabbing one file? shouldnt it grab everything?
          You should be able to select the podcast menu in iTunes 6, then, in the podacast library window, click the podcast directory button. Once the Podcast directory is open (it will connect you to the podcast section of the iTunes music store) you can search for all the battlestar galactica related podcasts, and subscribe or download the podcast of your choosing. It's really quite easy if you let the program do the work instead of cutting and pasting.

Hope this was helpful.

Comment

Originally posted by MASON
            You should be able to select the podcast menu in iTunes 6, then, in the podacast library window, click the podcast directory button. Once the Podcast directory is open (it will connect you to the podcast section of the iTunes music store) you can search for all the battlestar galactica related podcasts, and subscribe or download the podcast of your choosing. It's really quite easy if you let the program do the work instead of cutting and pasting.

Hope this was helpful.
            iTunes 6 makes a point of saying that the current and future episodes will be downloaded, it makes no claims that it will download past episodes.

I deleted my local content, resubcribed to the podcast (by doing a search in the music store for battlestar galactica), and the podcast has started downloading from ep 209

Comment

iTunes 6 makes a point of saying that the current and future episodes will be downloaded, it makes no claims that it will download past episodes.

I deleted my local content, resubcribed to the podcast (by doing a search in the music store for battlestar galactica), and the podcast has started downloading from ep 209
              Then it is likely your iTunes preferences.

Change your setting to show the following:

Comment

I've done that, but since the podcast still points to 209.
                I have exactly the same settings (except I poll hourly for updates instead of daily)

The latest one is still 209, and since it hasnt found an update (ie 210) it hasnt gone to collect all.

Comment

just tried again from music store after clearing explorer's cache, if I play the podcast directly from music store it starts playing pegasus, if I subscribe to the podcast, it downloads only ep 209.

Comment

found a fix.. on the music store entry for galactica, right click on it and "copy iTunes music store URL" paste that url into explorer and it correctly parses the XML and then displays the expanded list of items back in iTunes..

Bizarre but it works

Comment

I've done that, but since the podcast still points to 209.
                      I have exactly the same settings (except I poll hourly for updates instead of daily)

The latest one is still 209, and since it hasnt found an update (ie 210) it hasnt gone to collect all.
                      Okay, just forget trying to get it to subscribe to old podcasts, go to the podcast "store" and click on "GET EPISODE" for each podcast you've missed. When the January 2006 podcasts begin, they should automatically download for you.

Comment

found a fix.. on the music store entry for galactica, right click on it and "copy iTunes music store URL" paste that url into explorer and it correctly parses the XML and then displays the expanded list of items back in iTunes..

Bizarre but it works
                        Completely bizarre , if it works, great!!!

Comment

Working...
                        X