This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Does Atlantis have Bathrooms/Showers

I havent seen a bathroom or shower yet. did the Ancients have some sort of like ionized shower? or did they just jump in the ocean?

Magnets
    gumboYaYa: you are all beautiful, your words and openness are what make that shine. don't forget how much talent love and beauty you all have.
    so for now, peace love love love more love and happy, and thank you, thank you, thank you
    love Torri

Comment

They talk about it on the British DVD extras... and never really come to a conclusion.

Official Member of the Fellowship of Rainbow Defenders
      ...and the Lord said, 'Let there be F.O.R.D.' and there was, and it was good...

Comment

Originally posted by Bakon
        I havent seen a bathroom or shower yet. did the Ancients have some sort of like ionized shower? or did they just jump in the ocean?
        They have balconies and an ocean, what more could one need

Comment

I'm sure they do but do we really want to see Mckay on the toilet?

Any shower scenes would be considered gratuitous and unnecessary.

I doubt they actually built a bathroom into the set so they'd have to waste money best spent on the show to deisgn and build a unique one just to satisfy people's curiosity in a ten second shot, since they're not going to build a whole episode around a bathroom break. It's just not worth it. Some things are just best left to the imagination.

"You know what would make a good story? Something about a clown who makes people happy, but inside he's real sad. Also, he has severe diarrhea." - Jack Handy

Comment

Originally posted by MarshAngel
            I'm sure they do but do we really want to see Mckay on the toilet?
            He could get locked in - I wouldnt put it past him
            gumboYaYa: you are all beautiful, your words and openness are what make that shine. don't forget how much talent love and beauty you all have.
            so for now, peace love love love more love and happy, and thank you, thank you, thank you
            love Torri

Comment

the very latest in front wall fresh air orificies combined with a wide capacity gutted installation below

Comment

Originally posted by Qasim
                Magnets
                No. It's BHSM's. Big Honkin' Space Magnets.

As for the bathroom issue on Atlantis:

It seems obvious that a city would have some sort of sanitation facilities. Of course ancient physiology may be different than ours, but i'm sure there's some sort of facility to "answer nature's call." For obvious reasons, we never see the Atlantis team ever using the loo because that's not exactly the most exciting use of precious episode time if you ask me.

Comment

Heres some of the other threads on this topic:

http://forum.gateworld.net/showthrea...hlight=toilets
                  http://forum.gateworld.net/showthrea...hlight=toilets
                  http://forum.gateworld.net/showthread.php?t=3535
                  love Torri

Comment

"magnets" great explanation

Comment

Its the only explanation
                      love Torri

Comment

sure is

Comment

Originally posted by MarshAngel
                          Any shower scenes would be considered gratuitous and unnecessary.
                          Fanservice has a place in every series and the fans want to see Mckaytake a shower, preferably with Beckett, if the "Rockett" thread is any indication.
                          People like gratuity. Gratuity is expected. If they expect us to add 12% to our resturant bills just for gratuity then I would hope that they would have the decency to provide us with a gratuitous shower scene every once and a while.

Comment

Better question how many Starbucks are there? The coffee shop not the BSG one.
                            sigpic
                            I am Zim, Irken Invader Zim. I am responsible for the safe obliteration of the human race, not you!' - Zim - Invader Zim
                            'Don't worry, officer. You are in a filthy Earth brain hospital. Your feelings are normal. There's a squid brain in your head! ' - Zim - Invader Zim
                            'Now, to unleash screaming temporal doom! ' - Zim -Invader Zim

Comment

Originally posted by Qasim
                              He could get locked in - I wouldnt put it past him
                              I read a fanfic where he does. It was funny!
                              "There's no point in growing up if you can't be childish sometimes." ~Doctor Who, Robot~

SGA Fanfiction

Comment

Working...
                              X