Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Who's excited about Battlestar Galactica?

Collapse
This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Who's excited about Battlestar Galactica?

Cause I know I am, the Mini Series "event" was accualy pretty decent all around, modernized BG but keep the story pretty much square with the consept of the original. I think the TV series is going to be excelent too, some say that "Ships in Space" have been done to death, well I disagree, I still there theres room for good Ships in Space shows.

Also it'll be nice to have more Sci-Fi on the Sci-Fi channel.

I'm sort of looking forward to it, but I don't expect it to be on Australian TV any time soon.

Comment

I'm looking forward to it. I was barely born when the first series aired so I don't really have a basis for comparison, which I think is a good thing since I've read alot about how it's not true to the series. I liked the mini-series quite a bit. There's a serious shortage of good sci-fi series out there (Stargate being the exeption of course) so I hope it makes the grade.

It was, is, and always will be GREEN

Comment

I'm also looking forward to it. I didn't think the miniseries was perfect but I ended up enjoying it quite a bit and think the concept has a lot of potential for a good series. I never saw the original series so I have no expectations to be dashed.

Stargate Atlantis starts up this week, then the Farscape miniseries in October and Battlestar Galactica in January. It's nice to see the Scifi channel showing...well....more scifi.
        Life is hard...and it's harder if you're stupid

Comment

I enjoyed the mini.

Comment

The mini-series was pretty damn cool. It just dragged a little. That's probably cause I watched it all in one sitting on DVD.

Comment

Wow, i could never watch a whole mini-series in one sitting, haha...
              Amanda, "Wallow Central."

Comment

Oh, it was a mini-series, was it? I thought it was a film. I'd wondered why they made it so long.

It was great. I thought Starbuck was super, and I really liked... what was his name, Apollo's dad? The ending was a real shock, I really want to find out what happens next.

Has anyone here seen the original? Was the plot roughly the same, or an exact rehash, or only 'loosely based'?

Madeleine

Comment

Originally posted by Madeleine_W
                  Has anyone here seen the original? Was the plot roughly the same, or an exact rehash, or only 'loosely based'?
                  I habe seen the orginal sereis. I also did see the mini. The mini is roughly the same as the first three hours of the OTS. I am auxiously waiting for the new series to come to Scifi.

Comment

I haven't seen this incarnation but I am familiar with the original... which I liked quite a bit. I think this new version has enough elements of its own to be quite distinct from the original, which is why I don't get they put the same name on it. Oh well, when in doubt: MULTIVERSE
                    Lord TorleYu-wong Chong Techno - create a "Window of Opportunity"

get hooked, click here to listen to "The_Autistic_World_of_Torley.mp3" | dialup version
                    more @ torley's techno music and anti-techno music blog

Comment

Originally posted by Torley
                      I haven't seen this incarnation but I am familiar with the original... which I liked quite a bit. I think this new version has enough elements of its own to be quite distinct from the original, which is why I don't get they put the same name on it. Oh well, when in doubt: MULTIVERSE
                      The newer version was much deeper in the human conflicts of the people, especially between Admana and Apollo. The conflict between them was not in the OTS. By the way, the new one does have elements to be one its own.

But would you watch it if is was called something else?

Comment

If it was called something else it would have been dubbed a "Battlestar Rip off" and lost potencial veiws.

Calling it Battlestar Galactica A) Gives it name reconition, B) Draws in the older original veiwers, and C) has a metric ass ton of unused potencial to draw on
                        Last edited by the adventurer; 12 July 2004, 08:45 AM.

Comment

I truly agree with that.

Comment

Yes, I agree... marketing... taking the name of something previously well-known and bringing it to a new audience, with only being a remake in *some* ways.

But like you said, Madeleine... human conflicts, I'm all for that. Although I'm not sure what to think of a humanform Cylon yet -- I'm going to have to get my head wrapped around that one
                            Lord TorleYu-wong Chong Techno - create a "Window of Opportunity"

get hooked, click here to listen to "The_Autistic_World_of_Torley.mp3" | dialup version
                            more @ torley's techno music and anti-techno music blog

Comment

From now on Human Cylons Vs Human Replecators, will haunt Sci-Fi message Boards FOREVER!!

Comment

Working...
                              X