PDA

View Full Version : New stargate dialing sequence

Chevron_nine
July 11th, 2004, 03:23 PM
From the new commercial I've figured out how the new dialing sequence will (probably) look like. It appears that when dialing that all the symbol lights will turn off. Only the symbol being dialed will light up, then the symbol will move around the gate until it reaches it's chevron, or the top chevron. I still never figured out if any other chevrons actually lock other than the top one, even on the old gate. This means that the prop gate actually has hundreds of LED's, or a video panel in each symbol spot, so it can display any symbol, or that the dialing sequence will always be done in CGI. Either way I'm hoping it looks pretty cool.

Mio
July 11th, 2004, 03:35 PM
Who else sees Smiley face glyphs in the forseeable future?

Kaloo
July 11th, 2004, 03:35 PM
They have a normal gate off world

aAnubiSs
July 11th, 2004, 03:36 PM
As long as the B) goes to the cool planet, I'm ok.

SGSlugger
July 11th, 2004, 07:22 PM
They have a normal gate off world

Normal as in old? To me it doesn't seem that way. The DHD is slightly different, and the scene from the special (when the Wraith ship flys through a gate in orbit) looks like its a new one.

I noticed that too that the glyphs turn off when the gate is not being used. That's a cool function. I can't wait to see how it actually works. :cool:

aAnubiSs
July 11th, 2004, 07:23 PM
"oooh... look at all the pretty lights"

Mio
July 11th, 2004, 07:46 PM
Normal as in old? To me it doesn't seem that way. The DHD is slightly different, and the scene from the special (when the Wraith ship flys through a gate in orbit) looks like its a new one.

I noticed that too that the glyphs turn off when the gate is not being used. That's a cool function. I can't wait to see how it actually works. :cool: New gate, old design. The offworld gates will all have the rotating inner ring, but the Atlantis gate will be the only gate capable of operating after being moved between galaxies. The city is a big intergalactic ship, is it not?

Ah, here's the thread that explains it excellently.

http://forum.gateworld.net/showpost.php?p=53264&postcount=6

uknesvuinng
July 11th, 2004, 09:16 PM
New gate, old design. The offworld gates will all have the rotating inner ring, but the Atlantis gate will be the only gate capable of operating after being moved between galaxies. The city is a big intergalactic ship, is it not?

Ah, here's the thread that explains it excellently.

http://forum.gateworld.net/showpost.php?p=53264&postcount=6
I feel honored.

"oooh... look at all the pretty lights"
Maybe the Ancients as a race had mild ADD :).

Anubis
July 11th, 2004, 11:18 PM
The pretty lights just make you pay more attention!

Teal'c
July 12th, 2004, 05:51 AM
Maybe the new gate plays dance music too :P

Anubis
July 12th, 2004, 06:44 AM
lol That would be fun

Mio
July 12th, 2004, 07:02 AM
lol That would be fun
No it wouldn't :P

Nolamom
July 12th, 2004, 07:06 AM
Who else sees Smiley face glyphs in the forseeable future?
That would only happen (heaven forbid!) if Felger were allowed to go...

Anubis
July 12th, 2004, 07:08 AM
Of course it would. Seeing all the people dancing around the gate! :D

Mio
July 12th, 2004, 07:11 AM
The gate would certainly make an interesting decoration.....like a several-million-years-more-advanced lava lamp.

Anubis
July 12th, 2004, 07:21 AM
a great lava lamp that would be!

aAnubiSs
July 12th, 2004, 08:40 AM
We all know the Asgard are the greatest dancers.

Anubis
July 12th, 2004, 09:07 AM
I'd love to see an Asgard dance. It would be wonderful

uknesvuinng
July 12th, 2004, 09:10 AM
That would only happen (heaven forbid!) if Felger were allowed to go...
I can see Jack debating the pros/cons now....

Atlantis is a very important mission and doesn't need mistakes

vs.

Felgar galaxies away and unable to get back...

Mio
July 12th, 2004, 10:29 AM
I can see Jack debating the pros/cons now....

Atlantis is a very important mission and doesn't need mistakes

vs.

Felgar galaxies away and unable to get back... They can use Felger as fodder against in battle.

Torley
July 12th, 2004, 11:58 AM
Asgard are very graceful dancers. Indeed. :)

uknesvuinng
July 12th, 2004, 07:06 PM
They can use Felger as fodder against in battle.
Best arm him with a wet noodle, anything else and he might accidentally wipe out whatever SG:A personnel are within his vicinity.

Of course, if Coombs tags along to SG:A, their combined powers could bring the Wraith to their knees. It would make a good episode episode though, Felgar oblivious to the real reasons why O'neill sent him, thinking it some kind of great honor and that Jack really likes him, while Coombs tries unsuccesfully to get it through his head that Jack just wanted rid of him. Let Felgar screw up some Ancient tech and require McKay, Felgar, and Coombs to work together to fix it. TPTB, if your reading this, I'll do whatever's required for you to legally use this (within certain monetary constraints, I've got no job at the moment and I'm still in college, so I'm definately broke). Seriously, Joe, PM me if you guys want to use this.

Stargate Agent
July 13th, 2004, 08:30 AM
They are gonna save alot time dialing now that they don't have to do Chevron 1 Chevron 2 BLAH BLAH. Although what about an iris??

VirtualCLD
July 13th, 2004, 10:39 AM
They are gonna save alot time dialing now that they don't have to do Chevron 1 Chevron 2 BLAH BLAH. Although what about an iris??

As mentioned in many other threads, SPOILER ALERT

They will have a force-field in place of an iris.