X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

New Wormhole

How many people like the new wormhole?

I am the Alpha and the Omega, the First and the Last, the Beginning and the End.
    [Revelations 22:13]

Dunno, have to see it in high-res with sound effects before I pass judgement.

Comment

Yeah, I haven't seen it properly enough to make an accurate judgement. Early verdict is that it is cool.

Comment

I haven't seen it yet, i've always thought it was going to be the same, haha..
        Amanda, "Wallow Central."

Comment

I never really liked the original version so I guess it isn't that hard to make it better imo:>

Comment

I'm always partial to greenish blue colors, and I think there was some green in this one.

Of course, when travelling through a stargate, the characters never see it, it's just a visual effect that we have so that we know they are moving...but anyway! I like it.
            sigpic

Comment

sooo... Green or Blue?=))))

Comment

I've always liked the old one, specially when they show the entire sequence like in COTG or the movie. the best part is when it shows a sort of track in space with stars in the background and stars flaring as they pass by. I'll have to see the new one in it's entirety before I judge it, although I think I'll always like the original better. I mean what's with the green? There are no green starts in space
                My non-stargate related site: The Rabbit Archive

Comment

The entire sequence is shown during intergalactic travel. Take a glance at the Fifth Race.
                  sigpic

Comment

Yes you just had to do it. Take the single bad thing from the best ep ever and just print it out on a 300 feet big sign!

I hate you Mio

Comment

Originally posted by aAnubiSs
                      Yes you just had to do it. Take the single bad thing from the best ep ever and just print it out on a 300 feet big sign!

I hate you Mio
                      It's because you know that I'm better than you
                      sigpic

Comment

Maybe in Reverseville yes. :O

Comment

I wonder why TPTB has spent a chunk of the budget on a new wormhole sequence when they already had a prefectly good one? Not that I'm complaining, I just find it curious. Maybe they decided they shouldn't keep recycling footage from the movie forever?
                          Twitter / YouTube / Twitch

Comment

Originally posted by Ugly Pig
                            I wonder why TPTB has spent a chunk of the budget on a new wormhole sequence when they already had a prefectly good one? Not that I'm complaining, I just find it curious. Maybe they decided they shouldn't keep recycling footage from the movie forever?
                            Maybe its used for when the team initally travels from Earth to the Peagus galaxy. It doesn't make any sense to me, that since all the stargates operate on the same principal (IMO towards creating a wormhole), that the wormhole should appear the same, since it is the same. (Unless there are different types of wormholes out there. ) So esentially it's just a pointless way of making the show different from SG-1.
                            Dark Helmet: So, Lone Starr, now you see that evil will always triumph because good is dumb.
                            Dark Helmet: No, it's not what you think. It's much, much worse!

Col. Sandurz: Prepare for light speed.
                            Dark Helmet: No, no, light speed is too slow.
                            Col. Sandurz: Light speed too slow?
                            Dark Helmet: Yes, we'll have to go right to...Ludicrous speed!
                            Col. Sandurz:Ludicrous speed! Sir, we've never gone that fast before. I don't think the ship can take it.
                            Dark Helmet: What's the matter, Colonel Sandurz...CHICKEN?!

Comment

Originally posted by Ugly Pig
                              Magnets.

But in all seriousness, how much could it have costed? A copy of 3d studio max and an hours time, and anyone could really come up with something that would probably be acceptable.
                              sigpic

Comment

Working...
                              X