PDA

View Full Version : Christine Summers/Lenori Ship Discussion Thread

NoDot
October 20th, 2005, 02:34 PM
(Yes, I am just shy of insanity.)

Ladies and gentlemen, I introdice the Christine Summers/Lenori Ship Discussion Thread.

On to the topic!

[edit] (I'm keeping this out of the Characters and Relationships section for somewhat obvious reasons ;).)

SierraGulf1
October 20th, 2005, 02:37 PM
Well, I like the idea of the discussions that will arise, and I'm very happy that people take that such interest in the series.

A ship like this might be possible, but consider the fact that Lenori is hundreds of years old. Can you say "pedophilia?" :D In all seriousness, they have a great friendship. For more on their close relationship, see "2.09: Parti Pris." When it premieres, of course.

No plans as of yet.

Alex Rubit
October 20th, 2005, 04:15 PM
Yeah, you can see that they have a close friendship in a lot of the episodes, including "Troika." It's all over the place, and it all started in 1.03 "Starship Lost."

I hope these discussions will take off. As for me, I can't comment on it. I'll leave that to everyone else. :D

NoDot
October 20th, 2005, 04:19 PM
Yeah, you can see that they have a close friendship in a lot of the episodes, including "Troika." It's all over the place, and it all started in 1.03 "Starship Lost."And you pointed it out in one of your podcasts!

I hope these discussions will take off. As for me, I can't comment on it. I'll leave that to everyone else. :DI more generally lurk, so same here!

NoDot
October 20th, 2005, 04:20 PM
For more on their close relationship, see "2.09: Parti Pris." When it premieres, of course.Ah ha! SPOILER! [insert my "mad scientist" laugh]

SierraGulf1
October 20th, 2005, 06:13 PM
If you would like to call it that, then yes, it's a very subtle one. There's no ship involved though. :)

Elite Anubis Guard
October 20th, 2005, 10:49 PM
They're more like Brother/Sister really, besides Lennys got it going with Kayla.

SierraGulf1
October 21st, 2005, 10:58 AM
...Or does he? I believe it was in Troika wherre he says he's not sure where things ar going with Kayla.

Elite Anubis Guard
October 21st, 2005, 11:57 AM
Lol and he's 100 odd? I thought it was just us hormonal teenagers that didnt know what was going on?

NoDot
November 4th, 2005, 03:04 PM
Ah, quiet here, too. We need discussion.

2x07 - What Comes Before Dawn...: Page 40 (headed ACT TWO-39)
Grant: "Chris and Lenori rather took the evening to watch a movie."

Hmm...

Hey, you, GET OUT OF THE GUTTER!
[drags person out of gutter]

Alex Rubit
November 4th, 2005, 09:40 PM
It does raise some eyebrows. You have to wonder... just what movie were they watching? ;)

Elite Anubis Guard
November 5th, 2005, 01:55 AM
And were they actually watching it at all? http://www.thescifiworld.net/img/smilies/stargate/vala/vala09.gif

SierraGulf1
November 5th, 2005, 06:04 AM
It appears Lenny is a sly, devious, little player. Or is Marcai the one behind it? Either way, it appears one of them is into luring women into their quarters on lonely nights. :eek:

NoDot
November 5th, 2005, 07:10 AM
And were they actually watching it at all? http://www.thescifiworld.net/img/smilies/stargate/vala/vala09.gifI already dragged one person out of the gutter. Should I drag you out too?

StevetheWraith!
November 5th, 2005, 01:05 PM
They're more like Brother/Sister really, besides Lennys got it going with Kayla.
Yeah that it exactly as I see them. IMHO I doubt that there is nothing going on between them, I mean if there was somehting going on then I would have imagined that Kayla and Chris would be at eachother's throats by now!

NoDot
December 23rd, 2005, 04:11 PM
OK, thread revival time. (I hate forum necromancy, but I'll ignore that in this case...)

Elite Anubis Guard
December 24th, 2005, 04:00 AM
Im sure its taboo for a man of 253 to be seeing a 20 something.

SierraGulf1
December 24th, 2005, 05:48 AM
Well, it's only theoretical. It's not exactly a real life situation. I guess if it were, it'd be taboo.

Elite Anubis Guard
December 24th, 2005, 06:56 AM
Of course its theoretical...http://www.thescifiworld.net/img/smilies/stargate/christmas/noel_sam14.gif how many 253 year olds do you know?http://www.thescifiworld.net/img/smilies/stargate/christmas/noel_jack12.gif

lionel_pendergast_rocks
December 26th, 2005, 05:10 AM
2.12 - The Devil To Pay

Zach: Who cares about age difference?

Ah, yeah, that would be kind of weird for Lenori to be seein chris, but hey, its sci-fi. Let's just think of this another way... Lenori said that 100 is the age at which a Zentaurian becomes a man. In our society, its 18 when you become an adult. 253 (lenoris age)/100 = 2.53. 18 x 2.53 = approx 45. So, Lenori might be like a 45 year old? And Christine's what, 25? Look at Clint eastwood and all the wives he's had that are 1/3-1/2 his age. Lol, i hate that guy.

Elite Anubis Guard
December 26th, 2005, 05:39 AM
Zach and Chris, that would be down right wierd.

SierraGulf1
December 26th, 2005, 05:46 AM
Not to Zach, I don't think.

Elite Anubis Guard
December 26th, 2005, 05:57 AM
Oh now, he's got one of those crushes. I think Chris is too nice for her own good.

Alex Rubit
December 31st, 2005, 03:44 PM
2.12 - The Devil To Pay

Zach: Who cares about age difference?

Ah, yeah, that would be kind of weird for Lenori to be seein chris, but hey, its sci-fi. Let's just think of this another way... Lenori said that 100 is the age at which a Zentaurian becomes a man. In our society, its 18 when you become an adult. 253 (lenoris age)/100 = 2.53. 18 x 2.53 = approx 45. So, Lenori might be like a 45 year old? And Christine's what, 25? Look at Clint eastwood and all the wives he's had that are 1/3-1/2 his age. Lol, i hate that guy.

That's a very good calculation. Lenori isn't really old. He might be for human standards, but not from his point of view. He's a young guy, who now happens to be a Tok'ra host. ;)

SierraGulf1
January 1st, 2006, 06:25 PM
To sum up all the age difference stuff: Everything's possible in sci-fi.

Alex Rubit
January 1st, 2006, 07:59 PM
It would be possible in reality too. That's... if there happens to be 200+ year old alien.

Elite Anubis Guard
January 2nd, 2006, 12:22 AM
It would be possible in reality too. That's... if there happens to be 200+ year old alien.
Lol that made me laugh:cameron:

NoDot
April 2nd, 2006, 02:22 PM
Um... bump?

Lt. Colonel Ryu Gaia
April 2nd, 2006, 02:24 PM
This ship was not meant to be.
The thread-slayer has spoken.

Alex Rubit
April 2nd, 2006, 07:45 PM
Hmmm. Interesting.

prometheus72
April 3rd, 2006, 03:56 AM
I love the interaction between Lenori and Chris in all the episodes so far. What is apparent is that they are very close. What isn't apparent is the full extent of that closeness. I think the writers have done a nice job setting up this relationship to grow into just about anything. To me, Lenori and Chris are the heart of the show. They bring an emotional component to the action of the episodes. Through their interaction, the reader can connect with the "human"(or humanoid) response to these outrageous circumstances they find themselves in from week to week.

I think that is the draw of the Stargate mythos for many fans, including myself. Not only do you tune in for the awesome space battles and cool technology, but you are genuinely interested in how these events affect the characters. Without the reactions of the characters, the awesome space battles and the cool technology are just cool visuals. With the reactions of the characters, you get rich storylines and great drama.

Alex Rubit
April 3rd, 2006, 06:50 PM
I love the interaction between Lenori and Chris in all the episodes so far. What is apparent is that they are very close. What isn't apparent is the full extent of that closeness. I think the writers have done a nice job setting up this relationship to grow into just about anything. To me, Lenori and Chris are the heart of the show. They bring an emotional component to the action of the episodes. Through their interaction, the reader can connect with the "human"(or humanoid) response to these outrageous circumstances they find themselves in from week to week.

Yeah. That's a great way of looking at it.

I think that is the draw of the Stargate mythos for many fans, including myself. Not only do you tune in for the awesome space battles and cool technology, but you are genuinely interested in how these events affect the characters. Without the reactions of the characters, the awesome space battles and the cool technology are just cool visuals. With the reactions of the characters, you get rich storylines and great drama.

That's very true. To me, what makes any series of movie work are the characters. If the audience doesn't care about the characters, then things won't be working too well.

I've said before, our show is very character driven. And one of the fun things about writing it (and I think reading it) is all the various character relationships and interactions. It's a huge cast, and in addition to that there's a great amount of recurring characters.

We've actually been talking about some of the character relationships and dynamics recently, and where we want to go with some of them as the season progresses and beyond. I'll say you can expect some interesting things coming up. :)

Lt. Colonel Ryu Gaia
April 3rd, 2006, 06:52 PM
I like the character's friendship, but any further relationship just doesn't work in the interest of Horizon. (Besides, every time I think of Lenori, I see Jacob/Selmak, and I just can't possibly accept any form of ship involving him.)

Elite Anubis Guard
April 3rd, 2006, 10:28 PM
Ye, Lenori is more of a father figure with her. A brother or something similar.

prometheus72
April 4th, 2006, 03:54 AM
But if I had a dime for every woman I personally know who is with an older man, I'd have...50 cents. :cameron:

SierraGulf1
April 4th, 2006, 12:08 PM
200-some years older, though? :)

prometheus72
April 4th, 2006, 03:51 PM
200-some years older, though? :)

Even older! :cameron: lol

Lt. Colonel Ryu Gaia
April 4th, 2006, 03:55 PM
Necrophelia is not cool, man. Just not cool.

Alex Rubit
April 4th, 2006, 05:43 PM
Getting back to the topic of the thread... we were thinking about an episode where Christine and Lenori get stranded on a planet. Time on the planet goes by much faster (think "Epiphany"), so they spend several years there, fall in love, get married, have kids, etc.

At the end they return to Horizon, and we keep their kids as recurring characters. We all love the idea, and are considering it for early in Season Three.

Hmm. I wonder if anyone is buying this. :cameron:

prometheus72
April 5th, 2006, 12:52 PM
You just forgot the part where Lenori has to work two jobs to support all those kids and Christine develops a drinking problem. Oh, and make sure you have the kids be really precocious, running around the station wreaking havoc everywhere they go (especially with Chase in engineering!). You could turn the whole series into a sort of Rosanne In Space. I think it's brilliant! Lol.

SierraGulf1
April 5th, 2006, 01:03 PM
Perhaps a spinoff?

Joe also pitched an unrelated arc in which David discovers his wife is a lesbian and he's forced to get a sex change to win her back. Perhaps in season three.

Er, but, I divert...

NoDot
April 5th, 2006, 05:03 PM
Er, but, I divert...The term is "digress."

Getting back to the topic of the thread...Thank you!

We need something to do here. Or better yet, more hints! :D

SierraGulf1
April 5th, 2006, 05:15 PM
Divert works just as well. Although digress is more commonly used in that context, one of the definitions of "divert" is "to turn aside from a course or direction." No matter. :)

It's hard to give out many more hints involving the Lenori/Christine relationship without giving away too much. To be extremely vague, I guess I could say that Lenori's arc will take a turn in the near future that will have an effect on both Christine and Lenori. :)

NoDot
April 5th, 2006, 05:28 PM
It's hard to give out many more hints involving the Lenori/Christine relationship without giving away too much. To be extremely vague, I guess I could say that Lenori's arc will take a turn in the near future that will have an effect on both Christine and Lenori. :)I meant we should discuss some of the hints already presented in episodes, though new hints are always appriciated. :)