This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

space gates in sg-1

do you think we'll see any stargates in orbit in SG-1 like the ones on Atlantis?
    It would be a good excuse to use a PJ brought back from Atlantis or Prometheus in an episode?
    Captain John Sheridan: [practicing his apology for blowing up a Centauri War Cruiser] I apologize. I'm sorry. I'm sorry we had to defend ourselves against an unwarranted attack. I'm sorry that your crew was stupid enough to fire on a station filled with a quarter million civilians, including your own people. And I'm sorry I waited as long as I did before I blew them all straight to hell! As with everything else it's the thought that counts.

Beta Ray Bill: “ I have battled in the vastness of space and bled in the depths of Hell! Come for me, and you come for death!!!” Omega Flight #5 of 5

Nope
    gumboYaYa: you are all beautiful, your words and openness are what make that shine. don't forget how much talent love and beauty you all have.
    so for now, peace love love love more love and happy, and thank you, thank you, thank you
    love Torri

Comment

ditto gd idea but no, the nearest thing to a space gate well ever get it when the black hole gate was flying to ward the sun.
      sigpic
      You are the fifth race, your role is clear, if there is any hope in preserving the future it lies with you and your people ~ 8years for those words
      Stargate : Genesis |
      Original Starship DesignThread
      Sanctuary for all | http://virtualfleet.vze.com/
      11000! green me

Comment

Well this is interesting, there wont be any left by the ancients but the tauri culd use sum of them to their advantage. Think about it, the daedalus can bring a few unused pegasus space gates bak with them, we can remove the things that power them and keep them in orbit, take a few gates from tactical planets, like the alpha site and put the milkyway gate in orbit, it's a possibility.

Comment

That would be sweet to see. I guess you never know.
          sigpic
          MS - "Boy, wow that's a great question!"
          "...phu...ah..."
          "Anyone know what SENTIENT means???"
          Sunday is my favorite day for two reasons - Football and The Walking Dead

Comment

Couldn't be too hard to do. Just because well their aren't many PJs in MW and we don't have our own version yet, it wouldnt be likely to see one.
            sigpic
            Stargate Destiny - Coming Again Soon

Comment

depending on how many they have left it wuld be quite easy to transport sum jumpers from Atlantis to the sgc, I think it's a possibility that the writers shuld think about.

Comment

I don't reckon many are left...besides they've got like 3 (lol all of the same one) and Atlantis needs all the ones they can get.
                sigpic

Comment

Nope. It was an original idea for Atlantis becuase of the poddle jumpers. The SGC has one poddle jumper (unless I missed something) and it doesn't quite work saying that nobody has the gene requried to make it fly (unless, once again, I missed soemthing). It's never going to happen.

timdalton007

Comment

They have 3 if they count all the time travelling.
                    sigpic

Comment

i liked the idea of them locating a gate address to a possible ancient outpost but the gate is in orbit. My idea was that the they are testing a new deepspace UAV Carter designed at Area 51 and realize that there may be something of value there. So they get in the jumper and fly down. And then something goes horribly wrong.
                      Captain John Sheridan: [practicing his apology for blowing up a Centauri War Cruiser] I apologize. I'm sorry. I'm sorry we had to defend ourselves against an unwarranted attack. I'm sorry that your crew was stupid enough to fire on a station filled with a quarter million civilians, including your own people. And I'm sorry I waited as long as I did before I blew them all straight to hell! As with everything else it's the thought that counts.

Beta Ray Bill: “ I have battled in the vastness of space and bled in the depths of Hell! Come for me, and you come for death!!!” Omega Flight #5 of 5

Comment

I don't think the SGC have 3 PJs

Original timeline PJ
                        Second timeline takes their PJ into past (now 2 PJs at once)
                        Third timeline their own PJ plus maybe 2 more (but highly unlikely if SG-1 could fix the timeline they'd most likely destroy their jumpers to prevent further damage to the timeline)

Unless Atlantis sent some over, they might have but not many, Atlantis needs the jumpers with the Wraith (PJs are of much more use against the wraith than say the priors) and space gates
                        sigpic

Comment

Originally posted by Elite Anubis Guard
                          They have 3 if they count all the time travelling.
                          They got the 1st one in Good To Be King.

They used the same jumper to travel back to Egypt, ~5000 BCE. That jumper was captured by Ra's Jaffa, and apparently lost.

Then the alternate SG-1 team traveled back to Egypt, ~5000 BCE. That jumper was apparently destroyed by the team in order to keep the timeline in order. I say apparently, because it was never found.
                          I suppose it's possible that Carter did fix the "flux capacitor", and there is an alternate SG-1 team traveling through time, but I doubt it.

So by that count, the SGC has the timejumper that they found in Good To Be King, and that's it.

It's about time for the SGC to develop their own "gateship" though. If there is a season 10, I'd expect to see it unveiled around then.
                          Jarnin's Law of StarGate:

1. As a StarGate discussion grows longer, the probability of someone mentioning the Furlings approaches one.

Comment

I think that the Wraith, put Stargates in orbit in Pegasus, with the exception of Chaya, she didn't want her people to learn of technology, but to keep to a spiritual path. There were Puddle Jumpers in the Milky Way, when Earth was home to Atlantis, as seen in "Rising Part I."

Comment

Yes, I agree. It's about time we saw a VTOL gateship.
                              sigpic

Comment

Working...
                              X