PDA

View Full Version : Sen'il's columns

David
October 20th, 2005, 10:57 AM
A couple of folks have mentioned that Sen'il does not post often enough. Here's a poll. Whether you like or dislike Sen'il please comment so we can get a clue as to how often you want her to write. I will forward the results to Sen'il if she does not show up soon.

Qasim
October 20th, 2005, 11:23 AM
Option 3

Dont you have something better to do?

Tiret
October 20th, 2005, 02:24 PM
Option 3

Don't you have something better to do than to go around asking people that question? :rolleyes:

I doubt it took a great deal of time to write that one little paragraph, and as its aim was to streamline the website, I would hardly call it an inefficient use of time. This way it only takes a click for everyone to voice their opinion on the subject. If nobody wants to hear from Sen'il, then this poll will save her the time in putting together a column on a frequent basis. On the other hand, if she's in high demand, the more frequent appearance of her column will save multiple others the time they would otherwise have spent in writing out requests to see more of her. So I'd hardly call a time-saving measure a waste of time. ;)Besides, if you're going to rebuke someone in their use of time, why not suggest to them a more worthy alternative?

Sen'il
October 20th, 2005, 03:57 PM
A couple of folks have mentioned that Sen'il does not post often enough. Here's a poll. Whether you like or dislike Sen'il please comment so we can get a clue as to how often you want her to write. I will forward the results to Sen'il if she does not show up soon.
I am always nearby, David, and as you well know, if it were up to me I would post my column more often. You may be better served by forwarding the results to yourself and your illustrious partner. It may finally convince you of the truth that I and my many acolytes have been saying since I first took on this assignment: I am GateWorld's greatest asset. I am to be treasured and appreciated as often as possible, even if it interferes with your petty little plans.

Sen'il
October 20th, 2005, 04:07 PM
Option 3

I could ask the same of you, Qasim. At least I have an intellect and I put it to use for the betterment of all those able to comprehend it. Do not blame me for your own inadequacies.

Sen'il
October 20th, 2005, 04:16 PM
Don't you have something better to do than to go around asking people that question? :rolleyes:

I doubt it took a great deal of time to write that one little paragraph, and as its aim was to streamline the website, I would hardly call it an inefficient use of time. This way it only takes a click for everyone to voice their opinion on the subject. If nobody wants to hear from Sen'il, then this poll will save her the time in putting together a column on a frequent basis. On the other hand, if she's in high demand, the more frequent appearance of her column will save multiple others the time they would otherwise have spent in writing out requests to see more of her. So I'd hardly call a time-saving measure a waste of time. ;)Besides, if you're going to rebuke someone in their use of time, why not suggest to them a more worthy alternative?
I could suggest several alternative uses for Qasim's time, but there are limits to what I am allowed to say here.

Your dedication continues to please me, Tiret. It is reassuring to see that not all who post here lack purpose in their lives. Qasim could learn much from your example.

jckfan55
October 20th, 2005, 04:32 PM
I greatly enjoy the column and would love to see it come out every month. Sen'il you have a way with words.

Tiret
October 20th, 2005, 06:04 PM
Your dedication continues to please me, Tiret.

As always, it is my pleasure to serve.

Qasim
October 21st, 2005, 04:16 AM
I could ask the same of you, Qasim. At least I have an intellect and I put it to use for the betterment of all those able to comprehend it. Do not blame me for your own inadequacies.Intellect - you dont have any intellect your just a [MOD SNIP] parasite

Sen'il
October 21st, 2005, 10:39 PM
Intellect - you dont have any intellect your just a [MOD SNIP] parasite
I understand your language better than you do. If that makes me unintelligent, what does it make you?

TechnoWraith
October 22nd, 2005, 12:10 AM
Forgive me for asking a stupid question here, but what is Sen'il's column? And what's it about. I never recall seeing such a column here at GateWorld. If someone could fill me in, i would appreciate it greatly. :)

Qasim
October 22nd, 2005, 04:19 AM
I understand your language better than you do.No you dont

srg
October 22nd, 2005, 12:56 PM
Intellect - you dont have any intellect your just a [MOD SNIP] parasite

And at least we work for our intellect, not just get it passed to us (the lazy way out).

jckfan55
October 22nd, 2005, 01:08 PM
Forgive me for asking a stupid question here, but what is Sen'il's column? And what's it about. I never recall seeing such a column here at GateWorld. If someone could fill me in, i would appreciate it greatly. :)
My understanding is that Sen'il is a captive goa'uld who is allowed by the SGC and Gateworld to periodically write an advice column for Gateworld readers. Of course, this advice is in keeping with the goa'uld outlook on life. :) You can find it under features on the GW home page.

Qasim
October 22nd, 2005, 02:01 PM
She claims she is allowing herself to remain captive until Ba'al comes to rescue her

Obviously all Gou'ald are dumb and unwilling to admit it when they are beaten

srg
October 22nd, 2005, 02:26 PM
She claims she is allowing herself to remain captive until Ba'al comes to rescue her

They just don't want to loose face, it's al embarisment muhaha.

Sen'il
October 22nd, 2005, 04:18 PM
And at least we work for our intellect, not just get it passed to us (the lazy way out).
You freely admit that intelligence does not come easily to your kind? There may still be hope for you, srg.

Sen'il
October 22nd, 2005, 04:39 PM

Yes, here I sit, deep within Stargate Command, privy to all of the information they work so desperately to hide and learning more secrets every day. How terrible it is for me to know all of this and to be unable to pass it on to my Lord Baal. That thought must bring you great comfort and so I will not correct your misapprehension. All will become apparent soon enough and then even you will not be able to remain blind to the truth that has been here all along.

Sen'il
October 22nd, 2005, 04:41 PM
They just don't want to loose face, it's al embarisment muhaha.
Then again, you may be beyond hope, srg. My face is not loose and the only embarrassment I see here is you.

Qasim
October 23rd, 2005, 02:40 AM
Yes, here I sit, deep within Stargate Command, privy to all of the information they work so desperately to hide and learning more secrets every day. How terrible it is for me to know all of this and to be unable to pass it on to my Lord Baal. That thought must bring you great comfort and so I will not correct your misapprehension. All will become apparent soon enough and then even you will not be able to remain blind to the truth that has been here all along.If he was going to rescue you - why hasnt he considering hes in the neighbourhood

CKO
October 23rd, 2005, 05:51 AM
more is always good ;) always nice too see which poor souls are up for torment.

MasySyma
October 26th, 2005, 03:49 AM
More Sen'il!!!

Her advice is much more entertaining than Dear Abby. :D

David
November 1st, 2005, 06:32 PM
Well, I will certainly be taking these numbers up with Sen'il and Darren. It depends on how much work Sen'il is willing to go through. Her greatness does have other responsibilities, including maintianing a droolingly-smashing physique. As long as the interest for Sen'il columns remains strong, I don't see why we can't do a little more a little more often. Like Sen'il, she is little hassle and reaps multiples of greatness for us in return.

Qasim
November 3rd, 2005, 08:59 AM
does have other responsibilitiesSuch as swimming around in her fish tank

Anubis69
November 5th, 2005, 01:58 PM
Hey! Qasim! Why you so harsh on Sen'il?! i'll be honest with you, i think he/she/it's a legend!! And you've got to admire her loyalty to her "god" while trapped by us pathetic humans and also find time to spout some genius one liners.... :D

Qasim
November 5th, 2005, 05:20 PM
her loyalty to her "god" Stupidity seems an apt word

Sen'il
November 5th, 2005, 06:20 PM
Hey! Qasim! Why you so harsh on Sen'il?! i'll be honest with you, i think he/she/it's a legend!! And you've got to admire her loyalty to her "god" while trapped by us pathetic humans and also find time to spout some genius one liners.... :D
Pay no mind to Qasim, dear Anubis. He lacks your level of sophistication and is consumed instead by his over-inflated feelings of self worth. Being confronted by one as glorious as myself, he undoubtedly feels threatened. His instictive reaction to lash out at me is piteous, but understandable. I will always be his better, and even if he will not admit it, his actions and attitude prove it.

Qasim
November 6th, 2005, 05:05 AM
piteouswhat an excellent word to describe your current state

Anubis69
November 6th, 2005, 12:17 PM
what an excellent word to describe your current state
Small words from a small mind, trying to attack what it doesn't understand!! :P :D You'll see the light one day... When Sen'il's released and conquers the world with excellent advice accompanied by her razor sharp wit, all you doubters will eat your words..... :D Hopefully i won't be one of them *cackles madly* :D

sueKay
November 6th, 2005, 12:22 PM
Just...what exactly are Sen'il's columns about...I've read then but don't really 'get them'

and this has nothing to do with my intelligence :P

Anubis69
November 6th, 2005, 01:05 PM
Just...what exactly are Sen'il's columns about...I've read then but don't really 'get them'
I think this sums it up nicely:

My understanding is that Sen'il is a captive goa'uld who is allowed by the SGC and Gateworld to periodically write an advice column for Gateworld readers. Of course, this advice is in keeping with the goa'uld outlook on life. :)
Personally, i like them, if not just to see the solutions Sen'il comes up with for things like cheating boyfriends etc. etc. Normal things, but from a Goa'uld perspective! It's genius. :)

Qasim
November 6th, 2005, 02:06 PM
Small words from a small mind, trying to attack what it doesn't understand!! :P :D You'll see the light one day... When Sen'il's released and conquers the world with excellent advice accompanied by her razor sharp wit, all you doubters will eat your words..... :D Hopefully i won't be one of them *cackles madly* :DHow grateful we should be for getting a glimpse into the deluded mind of Anubis69

Anubis69
November 7th, 2005, 04:29 AM
How grateful we should be for getting a glimpse into the deluded mind of Anubis69
Harsh. Harsh, yet fair.... :rolleyes:

neith4
December 2nd, 2005, 03:31 PM
Hey Anubis You've left out another reason to enjoy Sen'il's appearances in Gateworld - her warm and wonderful interactions with Sassy and Goldie!

PLus people should be staying tuned - Sen'il has another boyfriend apart from Ba'al or possibly a stalker - a certain character from Sassygate has been stalking or courting Sen'il with anonymous gifts !

Hint to Sassy Gate visitors ... wears black clothing all the time and likes to wear other people! and has expressed a desire to adorn Sen'il's favorite cushion as cover for it!

Shall I send Sassy around to rebuke Qasim. He sounds like the sort of individual who also would not appreciate Dachshunds and Goullawks!

Neith lowly Scribe for Sassy an irreverent disrespectful beast and Goldie an overtly confident Goullawk Queen in exile over at Sassy GATE

www.geocities.com/scholara/index.html

and while you're there check out Real Egypt and other sections of the site!

Buggy542
December 2nd, 2005, 03:47 PM
I love the Sen'il column! It's full of great advice :p

Qasim - We love you, you bring up great points and add to the debate, but could you possibly be a *teeny* bit more positive? ;)

Sen'il
December 5th, 2005, 04:12 PM
I love the Sen'il column! It's full of great advice :p

Qasim - We love you, you bring up great points and add to the debate, but could you possibly be a *teeny* bit more positive? ;)
I would guess that there are many "teeny" things in Qasim's life. He is an inconsequential mote and in due time he will be wiped away with all of the other "teeny," unimportant people of this world. Enjoy his quaint defiance while it lasts.

Oranos
December 5th, 2005, 04:22 PM
If he was going to rescue you - why hasnt he considering hes in the neighbourhood

Just a humble suggestion as I am not a Goa'uld but perhaps he is gathering strength to rescue Sen'il in a blaze of glory. (better publicity that way)
couldn't resist putting in my two cents.

Oranos
December 5th, 2005, 04:32 PM
I would guess that there are many "teeny" things in Qasim's life. He is an inconsequential mote and in due time he will be wiped away with all of the other "teeny," unimportant people of this world. Enjoy his quaint defiance while it lasts.

A humble question, why would one enjoy such pathetic defiance? Teeny...Perhaps there may have been a small error on your part. Microscopic may have been a better term. *Ducks and runs for fear of reprisal from anyone that may want to kill me now, thinking along the lines of Qasim*

Sen'il
December 5th, 2005, 05:14 PM
A humble question, why would one enjoy such pathetic defiance? Teeny...Perhaps there may have been a small error on your part. Microscopic may have been a better term. *Ducks and runs for fear of reprisal from anyone that may want to kill me now, thinking along the lines of Qasim*
Have you never watched an insect beating its brainless head against a window? No matter how many times it bounces back, it still believes that it can get through, if only it keeps trying. It has no concept of what the window is and it remains oblivious to your hand coming up behind it to crush its worthless innards against the glass.

Qasim's attempts to oppose me are likewise futile and with a mere flick of my hand I could put an end to him, but for now I am content to watch him beat his teeny head against something far too vast for him to comprehend.

Oranos
December 6th, 2005, 01:33 PM
Have you never watched an insect beating its brainless head against a window? No matter how many times it bounces back, it still believes that it can get through, if only it keeps trying. It has no concept of what the window is and it remains oblivious to your hand coming up behind it to crush its worthless innards against the glass.

Qasim's attempts to oppose me are likewise futile and with a mere flick of my hand I could put an end to him, but for now I am content to watch him beat his teeny head against something far too vast for him to comprehend.

Can't say I have, but then I don't get out much, or so it is said...
But I bow before your infinite wisdom.

David
December 6th, 2005, 02:49 PM
That is wise.

Oranos
December 6th, 2005, 02:56 PM
That is wise.

*nods*
I kinda thought so too. People go to Sen'il for advice so there must be much information there which means I will trust in the ultimate source of wisdom, knowledge, and power.

BackStageJim
December 28th, 2005, 03:56 PM
Sorry never noticed Sen'il before.