• Show
Clear All

wraith tech

does anybody know all the tech the wraith have at their disposal

anybody

wraith tech...and probly ancient knockoff tech

Mckay: Size doesnt matter

Sheppard:thats a myth

I like farris wheels,college football and a good cup of tea.

Comment

I know that their Hyper-drives are not as good as the asgards.

Plus does anyone know why the Wraith dont have shields around their Hive-ships.
      STARGATE ATLANTIS'S
      legacy continues with New Movies

Visit my new Stargate Atlantis Blog @

http://stephenswords.blogspot.com

Comment

some ships and darts and stuff... The rest is all teeth. who needs forks and knives when you got those honkers.

Comment

i think they had no other enemies in the galaxy so they didnt need shields plus the wraith have numbers on there side where as ancients were limited

Comment

Originally posted by bcfc
            I know that their Hyper-drives are not as good as the asgards.

Plus does anyone know why the Wraith dont have shields around their Hive-ships.

most of the people at the scifi/atlantis forum sugessted that the wraith being the once supreme specie in the pegesus galaxy had no need for shields.
            the wraith kept the human population at a low technological devolpement
            (so the wraith would have had no fear of being attack)
            well that was until we came along.
            so they would probally now adding shield to their hive ship, cruiser, and mayber darts.

or............
            they maybe they are just not smart enough to make shield.(anythings possible)

Comment

I'm sure they're smart enough. After all the Wraith in The Defiant One put that shield on the PJ and the darts use a type of shield for the cockpit window.

My theory is based on the way shields work. See I think that with a given amount of input the shield generators can output a certain fixed amount of shield "stuff" (for lack of a better term). The more "stuff" you have in a given area of shield, the stronger the shield is. As you expand the area of protection that the shield covers, the "stuff" gets thinned out. To compensate you have to increase the power going to the shields to keep the same thickness of "stuff."

We already know the Wraith power sources aren't especially good, which is most likely why they have to keep dropping out of hyperspace and doing it in jumps, much like what the Prometheus had to do when it was using that too small alkesh generator. It seems probable then that even if they can make a shield for their hive ships, they wouldn't not have enough juice to power it to any kind of effectiveness.

That's my theory on it anyways.

Comment

That and no matter how smart they are, they can't eat normal food, they have to feed on humans. So I'd imagine that most of them spend their time in hybernation. Doesn't leave much time for R&D i guess.
                The truth is out there. Getting there, well thats a whole different can of worms.

Comment

When they were fighting the Ancients shields were useless, drones would have penetrated them regardless, no one else in Pegasus has the technology to destroy a Hive
                  ship, so why develop them, never giving them time to advance their technology, you wouldn't need to.

Comment

Good Ansers on the shields tech...Actually cleared up a few points for me Thanks!

Stargate Gateworld RPG. All are welcome!|Jim Andersons Bio.

Comment

Originally posted by JanusAncient
                      When they were fighting the Ancients shields were useless, drones would have penetrated them regardless, no one else in Pegasus has the technology to destroy a Hive
                      ship, so why develop them, never giving them time to advance their technology, you wouldn't need to.
                      The Wraith probably developed shield technology but never used it before. But in Siege III they had need for it and installed/activated shield generators on their ships. That would explain why they were able to stop Daedalus from beaming nukes in.
                      Sorry for my bad english. I'm just a little post-communist building nuclear warheads in backyard.

Comment

Working...
                      X