This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

asgard in atlantis

what bugs me is the asgard were once in a alliance with the ancients and they know they are way more advanced than the asgard but the asgard only send one of their men to atlantis if i were them i would come in my own ships with tons of asgards and learn the secrets of the ancients that could of helped them with the replicators but they should come and help us discover it all

maybe they are just being aloof. they do not want to make themselves look too needy.
    All posts are IMO, I am not a rocket scientist.

Bender: "Lets go get drunk!"
    Pay it forward

Comment

ive made this arguement many times before on the forums you will find that most of the people here seem to think that the asgard are too busy rebuilding there civilization to come to atlantis.. I find that to be totally BS regardless if the asgard are rebuilding its been over ayear since there life style was under any kind of threat. they have had a year to rebuild and being as there technology is as strong is it is.. ayear is sufficent time to rebuild. I totally agree the asgard should be all over atlantis. Especually since there cloning problem can most deff. get solved on atlantis.

See Jaffa are Crazy! (pic of a Tia food place in the US of A )

Comment

That, plus the fact that there arn't a whole lot of Asguard left to spare.
        -Kralizec

"The only truth is that the knowledge of the universe is infinite."

Comment

if they can clone their bodies and inplant there last logged memories into the new clone just make tons of thors and other smart asgards then they can help

Comment

I don't understand their relationship with the Ancients either. There's a good example in season 8 where Thor wipes the ancient knowledge form O'neils mind. Daniel asks him to share the knowlege with earth and Thor says that they've been trying to uncover the secrets of the ancients for as long as he can remember.

With a reply like that you would think that they would be sending Asgard Tourists to the city.
            STARGATE ATLANTIS'S
            legacy continues with New Movies

Visit my new Stargate Atlantis Blog @

http://stephenswords.blogspot.com

Comment

some thing very fishy is happening are the asgard planning to take over the universe

Comment

or maybe the writers are still in a committe trying to figure that one out and they still cannot decide what to do with the Asgard.

Pay it forward

Comment

Or maybe the economics people are going crazy when they hear the writers want 10 computer generated Asgard per Atlantis Episode.

Comment

or the CGI people are wondering "Do we have enough RAM to do that?"

Pay it forward

Comment

Maybe the main reason for their lack of activity on Atlantis is simply, that if they were to come in & analyze everything then Stargate as a whole would quickly turn into Star Trek.

It's the same as why Daedalus, Prometheus don't have energy weapons.

They are trying to keep the essence of the show, By matsering all the ancient tech. Then who is really going to keep watching it if they can build drones, flying cities, Ancient Warships & all the other totally out of reach technology. There aren't many enemies that can compete with that, other than probably ascended beings.

Other than that, there probably aren't any others. So it wpould become very boring to see them with all this far superior tech, firing a couple of shots & destroying the enemy in secs.

By all accounts, Earth should have some form of energy weapons by now. They should have at least one sarchophageus. Cloaking technology & a whole heap of other stuff. Not to mention a siginifacnt asgard presence in Atlantis. After all that is probably the only place left that has the ability to reverse their cloning problems.

Another one is in 'Trinity', they destroy the energy weapons along with the ultimate power source. Surely Hermy would have been sent down to take a look before McKay's ego took over. That was too valuable to let people mess around with after such a short period of time.

Then in 'Aurora', Daedalus knows that the Wraith can jam their nuke beaming tricks now. It doesn't have energy weapons at all. So the smart thing would have been to take a couple of PJ's from Atlantis & house them in the fighter bays. They could have opened the bay doors & fired the Drones out to the cruisers from within the safety of the the asgard shields. That could have taken care of the Cruisers. Giving them enough time to disable one of the cloaking generators & easily integrate it into Aurora's systems. By the time more ships arrived, then it would have been cloaked & safe from their scans. They would have had access to a whole ship full of ancients & all their knowledge that they possessed.

All this will have severely impacted on the logevity of Atlantis, then quickl crossed over into SG-1. Simply because Daedalus will have taken all the info back with them, then Atlantis wouldn't have had a power problem any longer. So could then open up constant two way communications with the SGC.

I would like to see more advanced tech being used, but I can understand the writers apprehension from introducing it into either of the two shows.

Comment

guys could you think that the producers just don't have the money to have
                        100+ asgard in atlantis, it is just too expensive for them.

if in the real life stargate universe, there probally be asgards swarming the atlantis base. But sadly it not.

Comment

I think the asgard are ultimately a weak species. They have relied on the ancient knowledge as much as the gouald and humans, so far. The big difference is that humans have been alone and very innovative. More over, the Asgard have relied heavily on the humans for inventivness and discovery. This is probably why the Asgard did not ascend. Humans have a will that we as humans like to believe no other species will ever attain.

So with that, I think that is why the asgard dont have a presence in Atlantis, they are smart but not very creative. Hell they should have figured it out by themselves already but they cant!

Comment

Well maybe between the Asgard and the Tauri there may be some possiblity of ascension. You never know, anything is possible.

Pay it forward

Comment

It's a big universe. The Asgard probably have more important things to do than swarm Atlantis.
                              JACKSON: ...I mean isn't that why we're doing this, all of this? The Stargate program, the budget? Isn't it so we can go and meet new races, gather advanced technology and possibly learn about ourselves in the process?
                              VALA: Oh, come on! you do it to meet women.
                              MITCHELL: She has a point, sir.
                              LANDRY
                              : I've been thinking I need to get out on an offworld mission or two.
                              Get FireFox! Browse with Tabs!
                              Stargate Omega, Now a vBulletin!
                              Mmm... Green...

Comment

Working...
                              X