Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Where's are the other countries ships/tech?

Collapse
This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Where's are the other countries ships/tech?

(1st post.... so be gentle)

There's only one thing about Stargate, that bugs me, is that no other country gets a mention, exept russia and there hardly an ally, where are the UK's stargate teams (they have prob the best trained forces, SAS, SBS etc.. and are the US's closes ally), the French teams (well maybe not them ) where are other countries ships, like the BC-303 and the F-302 fighters. Aren't the US suppose to give all countries (allies anyway) any and all tech they got from the stargate project.

plus a project like the stargate and the ship biulding would cost waaaaay too much for one country to undertake. So wheres the BC-303 Ark Royal and the BC-303 Charles De Gaul????
    Arthur: O Knights of Ni. We have brought you your shrubbery. May we go now?
    Knight of Ni: Yes, it is a good shrubbery. I like the laurels particularly. But there is one small problem....
    Arthur: What is that?
    Knight of Ni: We are now no longer the Knights Who Say "Ni"!
    Other Knights of Ni: Ni! Shh! Shh!
    Knight of Ni: We are now the Knights who say "Ekky-ekky-ekky-ekky-z'Bang, zoom-Boing, z'nourrrwringmm".
    Other Knight of Ni: Ni!
    Knight of Ni: Therefore, we must give you a test.
    Arthur: What is this test, O Knights of..... Knights who 'til recently said "Ni"?
    Knight of Ni: Firstly, you must find.... ANOTHER SHRUBBERY!!!

i think it has a lot to do with cost as far as the BC-303 is concerned as far as the F-302 i think most countries could afford to make those. Also making a spot to hide the BC-303 is a problem as well. the us uses a underground hangers which i would image cost a lot of money. so i think it is all about infastructure to build them and hide them, not to mention training men to be able to fly them.

Comment

Well cost might be a thing but countries in say the G8 should be able to aford at least one or two BC-303, as for places to hide them.....

the UK has the moores, scots highlands, oversea territories with only military installations on them,

France still has colonies, French Guiana to name one,

Russia, plenty of space there same as Canada,

China, has too many people, i'll give ye that one, no space there

even still there should be aleast other countries with SG teams such as the UK, France, Germany, well Nato countries.
      Knight of Ni: Yes, it is a good shrubbery. I like the laurels particularly. But there is one small problem....
      Knight of Ni: We are now the Knights who say "Ekky-ekky-ekky-ekky-z'Bang, zoom-Boing, z'nourrrwringmm".
      Arthur: What is this test, O Knights of..... Knights who 'til recently said "Ni"?

Comment

Now that the Internation Commitee is funding the SGC, i think we may see more of this. Perhaps in Season 10 there will be some foreign ships. We could really use some help. Why should we be left to defend humanity on our own while the other countries sit by and watch, waiting to grab whatever they can for themselves? Constantly complaining about not getting tech, or not being told about the gate. Even after we told them, and gave them tech they don't help us out. Sometimes I wish we could just sweep across the planet with the Deadie and unite the world by force. Then we could finally start whiping up some cruisers like mad. We need to get ready for the Orii invasion. Especially now that spoilers: Gerak, or whatever his name is a Prior, the jaffa will be after us., with an army AND fleet like that behind them, we might aswell be fighting Anubis again.

Comment

Spoiler:
          Wonder if the Asgard might be forced to step in and protect us if Gerak decides to try attacking with his Jaffa fleet. Hopefully there will be enough dissenting voices on the council and among the jaffa to prevent that from happening. They may not entirely trust us but I'm not sure they're willing to outright go to war with us either. I'm sure the whuppings we gave them as they served the goa'uld aren't going to be that easily forgotten either.

Comment

In reply to avatar28:

[spoilers]

Who cares, we have the symbiote poison!

Biowarfare + Asgard beams = ownage!

And we still have those Vx rockets
            Last edited by Dutch_Razor; 20 October 2005, 11:30 AM.

Comment

Yeah thats a good point. If it comes down to it, we' can just beam that gas into their ships. Although, a lot of them have probably switched over to Turtonen, so it'll have no effect on them. And Since the Prometheus and Deadalus have hyperdrives far superior to any former goauld mother ships, that gives us a big tactical advantage to.

But I don't see that being a problem. Like I stated in another thread, Gerak is a fool. His power is just as fragile as his intellect.
              Spoiler:
              Soon after SG-1 resumes (1 or two eps i'd say) they'll get that anti-prior device, and then Teal'c will proceed to kick his ass.
              The truth is out there. Getting there, well thats a whole different can of worms.

Comment

Now that would be interesting to watch on screen. Chris Judge kicking Louis Gosset Jr. around.
                All posts are IMO, I am not a rocket scientist.

Bender: "Lets go get drunk!"
                Pay it forward

Comment

In answer to your thread I defer to J.K. Rowling on the question of why she won't put American (or some other nationality) of wizard into Hogwarts. She felt theres no point in adding them just for the sake of it. Sure you could come up with logical reasons - Hogwarts is one of the best schools, so they should have an exchange program. Or maybe foreigners moved to England. On the same token you can think of logical reasons why there should be other nations involved in the SGC. But in the end adding them would be "just for the sake of it", IMHO

Comment

Different countries contribute in different ways and the SGC shares the knowledge and wealth. So to speak. That does not mean that there are no other SG teams that have other nations represented in those teams' members either. Maybe we just have never seen them.

Pay it forward

Comment

Well, McKay is Canadian and we've seen a Russian SG team and I may be mistaken, but haven't we seen/heard of SG teams from other nations as well? Certainly there have been expedition members in Atlantis from other nations.

Comment

It is said the the US mis-interpete that all technologies to be shared are non-military and only russia got plans for f-302 and BC-303, but looking at real world russia, i highly doubt they have enough to build these...

Comment

Maybe they will introduce more as the Atlantis story continues. After all they will need the sharpest minds of Earth to help.

Pay it forward

Comment

Originally posted by skritsys
                            Maybe they will introduce more as the Atlantis story continues. After all they will need the sharpest minds of Earth to help.
                            ....and most of them aren't from the US

Comment

Originally posted by Dogs_Body
                              Well cost might be a thing but countries in say the G8 should be able to aford at least one or two BC-303, as for places to hide them.....

the UK has the moores, scots highlands, oversea territories with only military installations on them,

France still has colonies, French Guiana to name one,

Russia, plenty of space there same as Canada,

China, has too many people, i'll give ye that one, no space there

even still there should be aleast other countries with SG teams such as the UK, France, Germany, well Nato countries.

actually parts of china are very sparesly populated and there are non american ppl on the atlantis expedition

Comment

Working...
                              X