X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Why Didn't The Ancients Intervene In 'Before I Sleep"

Once again I'm not sure if this has been mentioned before,
    In "Before I Sleep", when Doctor Weir was sent back rufely 10 thousands years, shouldn't the ascended intervened. Because when you think about it they weren't sure if it would alter there history, and I know the whole thing about how they can't do anything unless they all agree but think about it. They probably wouldn't of had a record because wouldn't they of thought that she would have changed there own history.

just a thing to think about if you would like to respond

Cheers
    I Am Locutus_Of_Borg Resistance Is Futile, Hallowed Are The Ori, We Go Out With Our Phasers Firing

[QUE] Founder/Admin - Observation Of Einstein-Podolsky-Rosen Entanglement On Supraquantum Structures By Induction Through Nonlinear Transuranic Crystal Of Extremely Long Wavelength Pulse From Mode-Locked Source Array

Originally posted by Locutus_Of_Borg
    In "Before I Sleep", when Doctor Weir was sent back rufely 10 thousands years, shouldn't the ascended intervened. Because when you think about it they weren't sure if it would alter there history, and I know the whole thing about how they can't do anything unless they all agree but think about it. They probably wouldn't of had a record because wouldn't they of thought that she would have changed there own history.

Cheers
    interesting thought but i guess they wouldnt have interviened anyway, or they would have interviened in SG1 Moubius and all the timetravel Janus did on that planet

Comment

I also think, when Dr Weird gave Janas some inspiration that Atlantis had survived for 10,000 years, so it might have started a chain of events that the ancients wanted to leave, such as the timeship, Atlantis itself, think about it, they would care about there galaxy, although that wasn't the case when they let Anubis what he wanted. But I think they did care because they didn't intervene when Orlin came in, *SPOILERS..Abit*, but thats a whole different situation
      I Am Locutus_Of_Borg Resistance Is Futile, Hallowed Are The Ori, We Go Out With Our Phasers Firing

[QUE] Founder/Admin - Observation Of Einstein-Podolsky-Rosen Entanglement On Supraquantum Structures By Induction Through Nonlinear Transuranic Crystal Of Extremely Long Wavelength Pulse From Mode-Locked Source Array

Comment

There's also the question of whether the ascended would feel knowledable enough to intervene - after all they don't seem to exist outside of time and thus they could potentially affect their future selves by intervening.

Just thought you'd like to know that your spoilers tag didn't work.

Comment

Perhaps the Ascended exist outside our timeframe or something along those lines and wouldn't be affected by the changes in the timeline. If that was the case they wouldn't give a damn who timetravelled in our universe.

HERMIOD: 'Crap' indeed.

Comment

Maybe they know everything happens for a reason and the Ancients know this which means that they wouldn't want to interfere in something that they know is meant to happen

Here’s a couple paradoxes to boggle the mind

my Fav Paradox is that if you build a time Machine to go back and save someone you can't because if they were alive you would not have built the machine to save them.

and I’ll use one from Stargate in 2001 the sent the letter back in Time but once they did, it altered the time line thus eliminating that one so how could they have sent the letter.
            Duct tape is like the Force. It has a light side and a dark side and it holds the universe together
            sigpic

Comment

Weir going back alterted the timeline to form what we have know.

Comment

yes but whos to it wasn't spose to happen that way like to every action there is an infinate number of reactions so whos to say that it was just 1 of millions of posibilities just like in MOEBIUS they way things were was only one posiblity
                Duct tape is like the Force. It has a light side and a dark side and it holds the universe together
                sigpic

Comment

Originally posted by Locutus_Of_Borg

Cheers
                  If the Ancients had intervened, then they would have changed the entire line of history. Events that did happen would not have happened. Time travel was always a messy subject at best. Do anything stupid. or make the slightest mistake in the past, and you essentially blow up the future.

Comment

Working...
                  X