Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Time to update the Omnipedia section front pages?

Collapse
This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Time to update the Omnipedia section front pages?

Just a suggestion for bringing them up to date...

Characters currently has:
    - O'Neill
    - Jackson
    - Carter
    - Teal'c
    - Jonas
    - Hammond
    Despite the additions of Mitchell and Landry, to say nothing of the incredibly significant villains who have been so important (ie Apophis, Anubis, and Baal)

Races currently has:
    - Humans
    - Goa'uld
    - Jaffa
    - Asgard
    - Ancients
    - Tok'ra
    Perhaps it's time to throw the Ori and their Priors onto the page as well....

Ships lists:
    - Ha'tak
    - Death Glider
    - Tel'tak
    - Al'kesh
    - Asgard Mothership
    - Prometheus
    Suggested additions....Puddle Jumpers, F-302s, Daedalus

There's also the Miscellany section, which lists
    - SGC
    - NID
    - Alpha Site
    - wormhole
    - naquadah
    - ascension
    Atlantis and/or Pegasus seem like logical quick links to add to that page.

Yes it's really a minor issue, but one I thought I'd throw out there all the same
    "A society grows great when old men plant trees, the shade of which they know they will never sit in. Good people do things for other people. That's it, the end." -- Penelope Wilton in Ricky Gervais's After Life

It will probably be done once all the work on the actual entries is done
    gumboYaYa: you are all beautiful, your words and openness are what make that shine. don't forget how much talent love and beauty you all have.
    so for now, peace love love love more love and happy, and thank you, thank you, thank you
    love Torri

Comment

Thanks for your interest in this. Darren and I have discussed this in a bit of detail and, save for the main entry page, the Categories pages have a tentatively planned change in the center frame. Because we've added Atlantis, we've decided to divide the Categories pages down the center and will be able to fit a lot more primary entries in there. Left will be SG-1, right, Atlantis. The images and text will be set much smaller to fit more in as well.

Mind you, this is just for the Characters, Races, Planets, Ships, Tech, Misc. CENTER frames when you click on the directories on the right side. We're still working on the look of the main entry page. In any case, it will get a new appearance in the next few months, and the categories will still be getting stuffed with the very latest material.

Do you have ideas for the main entry page? Perhaps making rotating, random entry links near the bottom?

Comment

Im slightly confused but how about dividing it in to Stargate SG-1 and Stargate Atlantis?

Comment

Thats what he said
          gumboYaYa: you are all beautiful, your words and openness are what make that shine. don't forget how much talent love and beauty you all have.
          so for now, peace love love love more love and happy, and thank you, thank you, thank you
          love Torri

Comment

I believe S.G.C is referring to dividing the Omnipedia into two distinct zones, i.e. "Omni SG-1" and "Omni Atlantis." As the writers have proven, it is their intention to mix the shows together when they can. Daniel's continuing attempts to get to Atlantis, the Egyptian zero point module, and Major Lorne are three examples that leap to mind. (Not to mention Dr. Rodney McKay. Why have two McKay entries when both are the same guy?)

It would be regrettable, and in some ways irresponsible of us to make two Omnipedias. Not to mention the fact that Darren would never go for it, and neither would I . SG-1 and Atlantis are equally canon. In terms of the Stargate story, one is no more important than the other. "Moebius" and "Siege 3" have proven this.

The center frames for each category are another issue. Dividing them into two rows will allow you to locate something that is a relatively common sight on the shows. Otherwise you won't notice a difference. For items that appear in both shows but possess a single entry, such as "Stargate," we'll probably fit it into either side that has less entry options.

Comment

Okay, it was just a suggestion

Comment

Working...
              X