PDA

View Full Version : Hey guys, how about an UNbiased poll?

DigiFluid
October 17th, 2005, 11:30 AM
Looks like someone at Gateworld isn't liking Season 9 so much. Of the five options, there's only one positive choice:

Fantastic! The best SG-1 ever.
Entertaining, but not great.
Fair. I'm not impressed.
Lousy. Where's my Stargate?
I haven't seen it yet.

What kind of choice is that? Either it's the "best SG-1 ever" or it sucks?

Darren
October 17th, 2005, 01:14 PM
Probably not the best poll I've ever written, but I like Season Nine quite a lot. Thanks for assuming the worst.

The first two options were meant to be positive, the second two negative. I made the mistake of including a negative qualifier in #2 to try and distinguish it from #1. Send me your receipt and I'll issue a full refund.

DigiFluid
October 17th, 2005, 07:46 PM
LOL

Well, I like the new poll :)

Stricken
October 20th, 2005, 04:50 AM
Give Darren a break!

iLemon
October 26th, 2005, 06:09 AM
LOL

Well, I like the new poll :)
Ditto :D If you dont like the poll then dont vote on it, its that simple.

the Fifth Race
October 26th, 2005, 07:13 AM
I vote for Entertaining, but not great.

Season 9 has gotten better the more we get into it. Getting Carter back helped, learning more about BB has endeared him to me more. I kind of miss Vala, I like Daniels new edginess to his personality, Teal'c has'nt done to much so far but solid none the less.

sueKay
October 26th, 2005, 08:17 AM
I voted for

Fair, but not impressed

but then, I've only seen Avalon and Origins

I hope it'll get better when Carter's back though.

And in all fairness...I thought the poll was very fair!

prion
October 26th, 2005, 08:27 AM
Looks like someone at Gateworld isn't liking Season 9 so much. Of the five options, there's only one positive choice:

Fair. I'm not impressed.
I haven't seen it yet.

Definitely need more 'bland' choices - Great, Good, Fair, Poor, Bad. Oh, and haven't seen it yet for those who haven't seen it. because "not that great" could also be "not impressed" Too many similarities.

sshspooky
October 26th, 2005, 12:31 PM
yeah, entertaining but not great is more of a middle option. i'd go with the following:

Fantastic, Classic SG-1
Great, A Top Episode
Poor, Could Be Better
Terrible, Felt Like A Repeat of Emancipation
I haven't seen it yet

Colonel Sharp
October 26th, 2005, 02:13 PM

Fair. I'm not impressed.
I haven't seen it yet.

I think Joe posted this exact same thing on his blog the other day...

deathbed1983
October 26th, 2005, 05:25 PM
I think Joe posted this exact same thing on his blog the other day...

He was right it wasn't the greatest of polls and to let you all know i voted Fantastic! The best SG-1 ever.

Atlantis1
October 27th, 2005, 09:58 PM

Kind of has the look of someone who only sees the world in black and white. What about the greys in between?

ShadowMaat
October 28th, 2005, 03:37 AM
Darren has already apologized. He's explained his reasonings, admitted it didn't work, and has moved on. And yet people still have to pick at the poll (which hasn't even been up for a while), complain about it, and in some cases even imply that there's some vast conspiracy at Gateworld to try and brainwash everyone into thinking the show sucks. :rolleyes:

Newsflash: If Darren didn't love the show, NONE of us would be here. But while he's a great guy, he's still only human, and that means that sometimes he makes mistakes. Something tells me he WON'T make that mistake again. Live and learn, eh wot?

Agent_Dark
October 28th, 2005, 06:46 AM
yeah, entertaining but not great is more of a middle option. i'd go with the following:

Fantastic, Classic SG-1
Great, A Top Episode
Poor, Could Be Better
Terrible, Felt Like A Repeat of Emancipation
I haven't seen it yet
'Terrible, Felt Like A Repeat of Emancipation' is a very subjective option to have on a poll. Forcing an opinion on someone in a poll isn't the best way to go about things...

Skydiver
October 28th, 2005, 07:03 AM
this topic seems to have pretty much exhausted itself.

Darren made a poll, didn't quite phrase things in a manner that would be clear to all. It's done and over and, unlike brainsurgery, no one dies.

so let's move onto bigger and better things