This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Hey guys, how about an UNbiased poll?

Looks like someone at Gateworld isn't liking Season 9 so much. Of the five options, there's only one positive choice:

Fantastic! The best SG-1 ever.
    Entertaining, but not great.
    Fair. I'm not impressed.
    Lousy. Where's my Stargate?

I haven't seen it yet.

What kind of choice is that? Either it's the "best SG-1 ever" or it sucks?
    "A society grows great when old men plant trees, the shade of which they know they will never sit in. Good people do things for other people. That's it, the end." -- Penelope Wilton in Ricky Gervais's After Life

Probably not the best poll I've ever written, but I like Season Nine quite a lot. Thanks for assuming the worst.

The first two options were meant to be positive, the second two negative. I made the mistake of including a negative qualifier in #2 to try and distinguish it from #1. Send me your receipt and I'll issue a full refund.
    GateWorld Podcast - Info - iTunes - Google
    The Stargate Omnipedia - www.StargateOmnipedia.com
    Stargate Image Gallery - www.StargateGallery.com

Comment

LOL

Well, I like the new poll
      "A society grows great when old men plant trees, the shade of which they know they will never sit in. Good people do things for other people. That's it, the end." -- Penelope Wilton in Ricky Gervais's After Life

Comment

Give Darren a break!

Comment

Originally posted by DigiFluid
          LOL

Well, I like the new poll
          Ditto If you dont like the poll then dont vote on it, its that simple.

sigpic
          Gate City - My humorous Stargate site made when I was young, enjoy!
          Previously known as False hope who was previously known as McKay's girl

Comment

I vote for Entertaining, but not great.

Season 9 has gotten better the more we get into it. Getting Carter back helped, learning more about BB has endeared him to me more. I kind of miss Vala, I like Daniels new edginess to his personality, Teal'c has'nt done to much so far but solid none the less.
            the Fifth Race

Mod@ www.Bodybuilding.com
            Mod@ www.MMAforumcom

Comment

I voted for

Fair, but not impressed

but then, I've only seen Avalon and Origins

I hope it'll get better when Carter's back though.

And in all fairness...I thought the poll was very fair!
              sigpic
              Part 2 coming very soon!! (this is a fic btw, not the Fandemonium novel)

Comment

Looks like someone at Gateworld isn't liking Season 9 so much. Of the five options, there's only one positive choice:

Fair. I'm not impressed.

I haven't seen it yet.

Definitely need more 'bland' choices - Great, Good, Fair, Poor, Bad. Oh, and haven't seen it yet for those who haven't seen it. because "not that great" could also be "not impressed" Too many similarities.

Comment

yeah, entertaining but not great is more of a middle option. i'd go with the following:

Fantastic, Classic SG-1
                  Great, A Top Episode
                  Poor, Could Be Better
                  Terrible, Felt Like A Repeat of Emancipation
                  I haven't seen it yet
                  spook

Comment

Fair. I'm not impressed.

I haven't seen it yet.

I think Joe posted this exact same thing on his blog the other day...
                    sigpic
                    Sig from Kat Logan VIA SilverRider

SIX YEARS OF ROLEPLAYING ON GATEWORLD!

Join the Aftermath RP

Comment

Originally posted by Colonel Sharp
                      I think Joe posted this exact same thing on his blog the other day...

He was right it wasn't the greatest of polls and to let you all know i voted Fantastic! The best SG-1 ever.
                      My DVD Collection http://www.dvdaficionado.com/dvds.ht...id=deathshadow

Comment

Kind of has the look of someone who only sees the world in black and white. What about the greys in between?
                        "Embress your life, find what it is that you love, and pursue it with all your soul. For if you do not, when you come to die, you will find that you have not lived."

A character from the novel "Chindi" by Jack McDevitt

Remember always that you not only have the right to be an individual, you have an obligation to be one.
                        'Eleanor Roosevelt'
                        Individuality is freedom lived.
                        'Janis Joplin'

Comment

Darren has already apologized. He's explained his reasonings, admitted it didn't work, and has moved on. And yet people still have to pick at the poll (which hasn't even been up for a while), complain about it, and in some cases even imply that there's some vast conspiracy at Gateworld to try and brainwash everyone into thinking the show sucks.

Newsflash: If Darren didn't love the show, NONE of us would be here. But while he's a great guy, he's still only human, and that means that sometimes he makes mistakes. Something tells me he WON'T make that mistake again. Live and learn, eh wot?

Comment

Originally posted by sshspooky
                            yeah, entertaining but not great is more of a middle option. i'd go with the following:

Fantastic, Classic SG-1
                            Great, A Top Episode
                            Poor, Could Be Better
                            Terrible, Felt Like A Repeat of Emancipation
                            I haven't seen it yet
                            'Terrible, Felt Like A Repeat of Emancipation' is a very subjective option to have on a poll. Forcing an opinion on someone in a poll isn't the best way to go about things...

Comment

this topic seems to have pretty much exhausted itself.

Darren made a poll, didn't quite phrase things in a manner that would be clear to all. It's done and over and, unlike brainsurgery, no one dies.

so let's move onto bigger and better things
                              Where in the World is George Hammond?

sigpic

Comment

Working...
                              X